The 2017 Berry Health Benefits Symposium will feature a poster session allowing scientists to share their latest research findings. The most outstanding poster presented by a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow will receive a $300 award and there will be additional cash awards for judged posters. Original research relating to the symposium theme of berry biochemical composition, cancer prevention, cardiovascular health, metabolism regulation, brain aging and other health properties of berry fruit will be considered. Each abstract will be peer reviewed for content and merit.
- Abstract submissions are considered for poster presentation only.
- Only original research relating to the symposium theme of berry biochemical composition, cancer prevention, cardiovascular health, metabolism regulation, brain aging, gut health and other health properties of berry fruit will be considered.
- Each abstract will be peer reviewed for scientific content and merit of the research.
- Abstracts should not be submitted if the research represented by the abstract has already been accepted for publication in a journal.
- If you submit an abstract, you must be prepared to discuss essential details of your methods and results.
- Abstracts must be received through electronic submission to the poster abstract review committee (via Dr. Luke Howard, Poster Session Chair, email@example.com) by January 27, 2017. Submitting authors will be notified of acceptance by February 10, 2017. Photocopies, facsimile, or e-mail copies will not be accepted and will be discarded.
- Hand-carry your poster to the meeting. Do not mail it to us. Pushpins and/or Velcro will be available to mount your poster. Posters are to be in place at the beginning of the symposium and remain until the symposium concludes.
Tips for Poster Preparation and Presentation
- Posters should stimulate discussion, emphasize graphics and minimize text
- Provide handouts to supplement your poster
- Materials should be readable from a distance of 4 feet
- A neutral or gray background is best
Poster Presentation Awards
A $300 award for the best poster in the opinion of the judging panel will be awarded.