Poster Abstract Guidelines
Are you a current graduate student or postdoctoral fellow? Hear our call…for submissions! The poster session is open to all academic and industrial researchers regardless of academic rank and/or training.
From October 15th, 2018 through to January 15th, 2019, we will be accepting abstracts for original research relating to the symposium themes of berry biochemical composition, cardiovascular health, metabolism regulation, brain aging and other health properties of berry fruits. The poster session is open to all academic and industrial researchers. Each abstract will be peer reviewed for content and merit, and notice of selection to share your research findings at BHBS 2019 will be issued by February 15th, 2019.
If you are a current graduate student or postdoctoral fellow you are eligible to apply for the poster and oral presentation competitions.
Abstracts will be accepted for:
Poster Presentation (20+ spots available): The most outstanding poster presented by a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow will receive a $300 award, as decided by the BHBS judging panel. Participants must cover their own travel costs and registration (student rates available).
Oral Presentation (3 spots available): NEW for 2019, 3 applicants will be chosen to give a 10-minute oral presentation (plus 5 minutes for questions) in the session that best fits their research theme. The chosen applicants will have airfare, hotel, and conference registration costs covered by the symposium.
– Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can apply for both the poster presentation and the oral presentation using the same abstract. It is possible to be selected for both presentations.
– Only original research relating to the symposium theme of berry biochemical composition, cardiovascular health, metabolism regulation, brain aging, gut health and other health properties of berry fruit will be considered.
– Each abstract will be peer reviewed for scientific content and merit of the research.
– Abstracts should not be submitted if the research represented by the abstract has already been accepted for publication in a journal.
– If you submit an abstract, you must be prepared to discuss essential details of your methods and results.
HOW TO APPLY
– Abstracts must be received through electronic submission to the Young Scientist Abstract Review Committee Chairperson: Dr. Luke Howard – email@example.com
– Please indicate that you would like your submission considered for:
- Poster Presentation Only
- Oral Presentation Only
- BOTH the Poster and Oral Presentation opportunities
– Photocopies, facsimile, or e-mail copies will not be accepted and will be discarded.
– Abstracts will only be accepted between October 15th, 2018 and January 15th, 2019
– Submitting authors will be notified of acceptance by February 15th, 2019.
To download a PDF of the abstract guidelines, please click here.
To download a PDF of the abstract rubric, please click here.