10 day east coast canada road trip

This lovely small town and natural landscape are unlike any other place in Canada. Then chop, change and add to the standard itinerary as you like according to your own interests and time restrictions. This is a lot of help for me. Day 13 - Kingston (3-hour drive) Off Track Travels Best Adventures in 2022, Top of the Giant Trail, Ontario: Complete Hiking Guide, 15 of the Best Gifts for Paddlers | Most Items $50 or Less. GasBuddy - Find the cheapest gas. Cedar dunes provincial park is another place worth checking out and a good option for camping overnight. No longer a train route, the bridge has become a sanctuary for pedestrians and cyclists where you can get spectacular views of the city and Saint John river below. Spend at least two nights here either camping in the park or at lodging nearby. Its set right on the river and just a 5-minute walk from ODonaghues Irish Pub, which is a yummy place to grab a bite. After leaving the Shubenacadie river, head 338 km east (approx four hours of driving) to Cape Breton Highlands National Park of Canada. A trip to be remembered!!!! Read this blog post! Your photos alone make me want to pack a bag and hit the road! Cape Breton Highlands National Park to North Sydney (114 km). Step 0 Consider Your Budget 1.1. You could fill your whole time in PEI just searching for lighthouses, and at least a few should be on your itinerary. There are some small stores in Gros Morne national park, but they are limited in supplies and more expensive. Even then, in some areas of Nova Scotia only five weeks of that period (late July and August) is actually considered the busy time.. Save 64. . Google Sheets - Keep track of your itinerary by creating a travel itinerary on Google Sheets. We were regularly offered warm welcomes, road trip advice, destination tips and even free food and overnight hosting. Hey there! I'm hoping we can get out there maybe next year. New York City! Its an itinerary focused on natural attractions and adventure activities. Is there a place for whale watching in the other 3 provinces? Just an approx $$. We have our pup a Mini Cockapoo we would like to bring along. Husky - Collect points from the Husky gas stations. Montana has so much to offer - including its crown jewel, Glacier National Park - and we've designed the perfect 10-day Montana road trip itinerary through Western Montana, complete with details to help you plan each step of your trip. The shoulder seasons are also great options. I will come from a one-month-trip in Iceland, so I would get used somehow to colder weather, but maybe you have some advice for me ? While there are some high speed highways, many of the roads on the East Coast are winding and fairly narrow coastal routes. Make your way to Caraquet, the heart of Acadian country. This epic hike takes four nights but will take you to one of the most sought-after photos in Newfoundland. Its an all-day hike (16 km) that will take you between 6-8 hours. We just returned from a beautiful motor coach/ cruise ship tour of Boston, New Hampshire, Vermont, Montreal, Quebec, Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax and Bar Harbor. Start with city sightseeing in Montral before escaping to the famous Mont-Tremblant for skiing and a Scandinavian-style spa session in the forest. Once in Nova Scotia, drive . Would you recommend those months? While driving across the province, you could take an optional detour to Fogo Island. Day 12 - Montral (2 hour 15-minute' drive) Montral is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city famed for its arts scene. Throughout the article discover our detailed program day by day, our advice and good plans and of course our selection of the best accommodations for each stage. For your first day, your home base for explorations will be Bar Harbor at the very tippy-top northeast corner of the US on the Atlantic Ocean before you cross the border to Canada. Do you have any other whale watching recommendations? 1 West Inn Waterfront Beautiful location in central Charlottetown, Around the Sea Rotating House Unique property by the ocean not far from Cavendish, Prince Edward Island National Park Camping and oTENTiks available at two large waterside campgrounds. PEI is gorgeous, hope you can visit sometime! Like Prince Edward Island, you can easily drive your way onto Cape Breton Island. If youre more of a history buff than a fiction reader, youll want to visit Charlottetown. Newfoundland is a large island off the coast of Eastern Canada. I like your recommended East Coast Canada Road Trip | 2 and 4 Week Itineraries. Nova Scotia, known as Canadas ocean playground, is a paradise for outdoor lovers. Will be using personal vehicle and travelling with my spouse First up, Lunenburg. I know this post has a lot of information, but theres just so much to see. Staying overnight in Fredericton? I drove an extra hour to avoid staying in Dryden ON because the cheapest place I found charged $125 CAD per night. Foodies can take a captivating tour of The Glenora Distillery and stop for a scoop at the adorable Lighthouse Ice Cream Parlour. The entire city is surrounded by a network of trails known as the East Coast Trail, a beautiful coastal 326 hiking trail broken into 26 paths that stretch across the Avalon Peninsula's shores. Theres even a Tidal Bore Rafting Resort where you can spend the night. From the Cabot Trail, you can go whale watching, hiking, camping, kayaking and also try local Acadian, Canadian and Scottish cuisine. Another fun thing to do in the summertime is to go on a tubing adventure down the river. If youre starting from Toronto, make your first stop in Ottawa (a four-hour drive) or Montreal (a six-hour drive). Re: Organising a 10-day trip to the East Coast of Canada 13 years ago Save Hi Emma; Toronto, Montreal & Quebec City are considered eastern Canada destinations. Our focus will be trad music, good food and visiting natural areas with light hiking/walking, cultural sites. Viking Trail, Newfoundland. Sometimes, a long weekend is as much time as we can afford to set off on an exploration. To find the best prices on car rentals, search Discover Cars. The Cabot Trail , Nova Scotia. I have been to Halifax/Peggys Cove/Lunenberg but my partner has not. Thank you for such an informative post! The most easily accessible in. We are from Alberta and have planned to visit the East Coast Aug 26 Sept 7th and hoping to see highlights in all provinces. I wanna visit the national parks! After exploring Cape Breton Island, head to Pictou to catch the ferry to Prince Edward Island. And last but certainly not least, if youd prefer to head out into nature, Prince Edward Island doesnt disappoint on that front either! In fact I want to visit Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI with a friend from Brampton. In the middle of October, are leaves still on trees on the east coast in NB and NS? The route winds along the coast for much of its length with viewpoints overlooking the North Atlantic. A road trip on Canadas East Coast is an exciting and unforgettable adventure, with beautiful views and interesting experiences almost everywhere you go. Kindly guide. And since there are so many different types of ecosystems, there is a lot to explore. Scenic road trip: Halifax to Charlottetown via Saint John Explore the most picturesque spots on a coastal route between Halifax, Saint John and Charlottetown. Thank you! They called the land Acadie (idyllic place) and themselves Acadian. This coastal road trip begins in New England's busiest city, Boston, but takes you through some of Maine's most well-known coastal towns before finishing at Acadia National Park in Maine. Fly into Boston, Massachusetts and pick up a rental car. possibly in the Saint John, were planning to go all the way to Nova Scotia with this 9 days trip. If you give me more details I can try and help! Odiorne State Park is a short 10-minute drive from downtown Portsmouth, and home to rugged coastal views, the educational Seacoast Science Center, and the remains of Fort Dearborn. If youd like to head to the water, you can canoe your way towards a wonderful grey seal colony. We will likely just end up doing NB and PEImaybe NSthink well have time? We will not hold you to that $$, just wondering and hoping we can make the trip re: our budget. I hope you have a wonderful road trip. Contents hide 1. From there, youll continue your east coast trip to Prince Edward Island. My 2 friends and myself would like to take a road trip for about 2 weeks next year (2023) to the East Coast and visit all four(4) lovely provinces. In the evening, enjoy a cold brew at one of the citys craft breweries. Ottawa and Montreal are just two hours apart, so either make a great place to spend the night if youre coming from Toronto. In the evening, head out to Argyle street for some live music and rest your head at one of these wonderful places to stay in Halifax. I live in Ontario. Saturday | Qubic City This site features affiliate links for products and services. 2) If we do Cape Breton (Cabot Trail) over Monday-Tuesday, whats the #1 thing youd suggest for Wednesday/Thursday? Just remember to respect their space! But if you prefer to break up the drive, a great option is to spend a night in Qubec City. 6. Hope you can help. The first destination of this East Coast Canada road trip is Halifax. Its a great place to go for your first swim in the Atlantic ocean and eat fresh lobster. Read on and create your own perfect East Coast Canada road trip itinerary. Its one of the best places to see icebergs in the spring! A little further south, historic Boston should be high-up on any east coast road trip itinerary. I recommend taking the Port Aux Basque ferry because its shorter/cheaper and allows you to see more of Newfoundland. I have sent you an email also seperately for guidance but I know you are very busy. Im curious about your quoted time of 2 hours from Hopewell Rocks to Moncton? 11 of the Best Nova Scotia Campgrounds Zipline across the Reversing Falls Rapids, explore Irving Nature Park, and pop by Saint John City Market. I hope you have a fabulous trip! While driving over the ocean, be sure to appreciate the undertaking it took to build this bridge. Monday morning we will board the ferry to NS and do a couple days on Cape Breton Island. But dont be fooled by the size; PEI has some of Canadas most beautiful scenery. Here are some of my top recommendations along this circular route of mainland Nova Scotia, plus a few others within each reach. Quick question is it worth the long drive from Montreal to New Brunswick or should we fly? East Coast Canada Road Trip from Toronto in 10 days 3 years ago Save Hi - We are two families, 5 adults and 3 kids aged 3/5/6. This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience on our site (only the tasteless robot kind). But what makes Canada special is its people. Start your day in Charlottetown with an ice cream cone from Cows Creamery. Trinity is also home to some great hiking trails. Epic Eastern Canada Road Trip with Kids: Itinerary & Tips Before You Go 376 3112 2 Are a visit to Anne of Green Gables' Prince Edward Island and whale watching off the East Coast of Canada on your family's travel bucket list? Leaving from Halifax instead of closer to NB means a few extra hours of driving overall. Here, Nova Scotias highest mountains meet the sea. Its also an ideal base for a wide range of day trips in the area. PEI is very serious about potatoes! Will check out your article on vaccination status for all provinces. Absolutely! Take a walk around downtown St. Johns, or visit the picturesque fishing village of Quidi Vidi which has a brewery that you can tour. Youll enter the province from New Brunswick at Boredon-Carleton, which is smack dab in the middle of the province, so you could do these routes in any order. Come join us on our adventures. In late May and early June, a parade of 10,000-year old icebergs cruise along Iceberg Alley, the area between the coast of Labrador and the northeast tip of Newfoundland.The sheer magnitude of the bergs is a sight to behold, and Newfoundland and Labrador offer . Theres plenty to see in New Brunswick, and it should be part of your East coast Canada road trip itinerary. This three-day East Coast tour offers the perfect amount of time both in and out of the car. Its known for its friendly locals, fantastic seafood, incredible whale watching, the Atlantic ocean, and beautiful landscapes. Diving is a unique way to explore Newfoundland from the ocean floor. As a matter of fact, most of these wonderful stops are perfect for nature lovers. 5 of the Best Day Trips from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Based on weather and crowds, I have two questions for you. Slow down. If youve got any questions, just let me know in the comments below! Required fields are marked *. 1854, the Maplegrove Inn Great location half way between Hopewell Rocks and Fundy National Park, The Artisan Suites Close to Hopewell Rocks, highly rated on Booking.com, Fundy National Park Choice between four front country campgrounds plus wilderness campsites, Ideal length of time: Four weeks (28-30 days) minimum, six weeks is more relaxed. This 10-day road trip to Canada is the perfect mix between city trip and stroll in the most beautiful natural landscapes of the country! In the evening, enjoy a locally-sourced dinner at the Bonavista Social Club. Oh I should mention, we all live in the GTA area in Ontario and will be leaving from there. You can either spend the night in the park or just stop for a scenic river cruise through the islands. With over 100 kilometers of pristine trails, Grose Morne is the perfect place to take a hike. The east coast of Canada has some of the most breathtaking scenery in Canada, along with fantastic cuisine, friendly people, and endless outdoor adventure. If youd prefer to stay on land, you can picnic on the picture-perfect sand dunes. New York City, NY - Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, Central Park and cruise along the Hudson Philadelphia, PA - Liberty Bell and Please Touch Museum Its just an hours drive to reach this charming coastal town. Road trip overview: For a varied, fun and beautiful overview of the Maritime provinces, concentrate your time in these four areas Halifax and Nova Scotias South Shore (3 nights), Cape Breton Island (4 nights), Prince Edward Island (3 nights), New Brunswick (3 nights). New Link Road, Borivali West, Mumbai 400092, India . This road trip has been on our bucket list for quite a while now. We are planning an -unfortunately- fairly rushed road trip in our camper van next month. This pedestrian-only street is lined with a mix of bars, shops, and restaurants. But dont fret if you dont have that much time simply choose the places that interest you most. thanks a lot for this information it already helps me a lot I will go to Canada in October and will spend there 4 weeks. From Niagara Falls, Toronto is approx. The East Coast of Canada is packed with amazing places to visit, from Prince Edward Island to Peggys Cove to Newfoundland. . Its about a three-hour drive from Gros Morne each way. Heres what to expect: This post includes affiliate links. The Cabot Trail, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. St. Johns has an international airport where you can rent a car. The truth is, theres no such thing. After all, theres no shortage of things to do in Saint John either! 13 of the Best Beaches in Nova Scotia, Canada. Hello! Another attraction worth visiting in New Brunswick is Hopewell Rocks, which is home to the highest tides in the world. My preference is Cabot trail and other areas to be covered in 8 days. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Found in Elliston, Newfoundland #puffins #explorenl #newfiecheck #nlwx #newfoundlandersoftiktok #newfoundlandandlabrador #wildlifelover. And what would be your suggested order for the provinces coming from Maine? I would spend a week in Newfoundland, one in Nova Scotia and the other split between PEI and New Brunswick. 13. Humpback whales dancing below towering cliffs, fresh seafood, epic hiking trails, and the friendliest people youll ever meet are just some of the reasons to plan an eastern Canada road trip. Answer 1 of 12: Hi, my wife and I are planning an East coast road trip in November and was wondering has anyone done this trip before and could offer any advice or tips, we are flying into Orlando and staying there for 5 days then looking at hiring a car and. Im looking at starting from TORONTO and making my way out EAST and then driving back of course. So glad you found the post helpful. Inverness or Baddeck are two nice spots on either side of where it starts. Hit the highlights of two of America's smallest states, Connecticut (#3) and Rhode Island (#1) with the 100-mile drive along US-1 from New Haven, Connecticut, to Newport, Rhode Island. Would you be able to plan our trip for us and do the bookings at the B&B or hotels? The Prince George Hotel Fabulous downtown location, Granville Hall Residence Great value for summer visitors, Smugglers Cove Inn Ideal location in Lunenburg, Micro Boutique Living Modern and comfortable lodgings on Wolfvilles main drag. Across the street from the Westin is the Halifax farmers market, a great place to start your day and grab a morning coffee. I hope it could help you plan and dream about a Canadian east coast road trip. Ive done it in as little as 3 days and as long as a month! You can spend the night here or just stop for a few hours. I know you said that Newfoundland shouldnt be missed but we only have 3 weeks and when I followed most of your itinerary that didnt leave me much time for Newfoundland. I grew up in St. Johns, Newfoundland, and lived in New Brunswick for 18 months. A great day trip or alternative destination to Moncton is Shediac; its just 20 minutes away. Spending the best part of five months exploring the Maritimes gave us plenty of time to reflect on what would be the ultimate East Coast Canada road trip. The harbourfront comes to life with street performers, public art displays, and restaurants with outdoor seating during the summertime. day trip to Hershey Chocolate World (based on min of pax) - add USD TBA per person; . This offers alittle bit of everything for a well rounded East Coast Canada road trip at a slower pace than the two week itinerary. #cabottrail #capebreton #novascotia #scenicdrive #explorecanada #fyp #canadianroadtrip. Thats so variable depending on how long your trip is, if youre renting a car, camping or staying in hotels, solo etc. One goes to Argentia on the East Coast of Newfoundland, and the other goes to Port aux Basques on the West Coast. It's the longest route but it's also the most scenic. If nature isnt your top priority, dont worry! Rental Car: $30 - $100/day RV Rental: $100 - $300/day Gallon of Gas: $3.50 + Cheap Airbnb: $80 - $100 Hotel room: $130 - $150 Hostel: $15 - $35 Campground: $0 - $50 Sandwich: $4 - $9 Beer at a bar: $4 - $8 This is a very informative guide. From Moncton or Shediac, head North towards Kouchibouguac National Park. The order you suggested sounds perfect to me! 3 weeks is enough time to see all four provinces! Here are the full entry requirements for Canada and the links below for the requirements of each province. We do not want to do Montreal/Quebec as we have already been there, but planning on making 1st stop there after 8 hours drive.. This is great I may have missed this and will re-read your post, but how long did it take you to road trip across the east coast and as woman would you safe it is safe if I do it alone? This website is where I share all my advice on becoming a digital nomad, the best places to live and work remotely, and insider travel tips. Day 7-8: Jasper National Park (Alberta) Day 9: Kamloops (British Columbia) Day 10: Drive to Whistler, stop in Squamish. This trail loops around the majority of Cape Breton Island, and, along the way, there are loads of wonderful things to see and do. Visit the Garrison District, which hosts summer outdoor concerts, movie nights, and guided history tours. When road tripping around Eastern Canada, dont forget to bring these items with you. Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia - credit: Nova Scotia Tourism Distance: 977 km Timing: 5 to 7 days My mum loves Anne of Green GablesI wonder if telling her that would be a good way to lure her to Canada!? Saint John to Fundy National Park of Canada (111 km). Youve helped me narrow down most of the places I wanted to go as Im currently planning an Eastern road trip! Theres so much adventure in Central Newfoundland you could easily spend another week exploring this region! Do we go west to Halifax/Lunenberg area? For a less strenuous activity,take a boat tour through the fjordsand marvel at the beauty carved out by the work of glaciers over thousands of years. And thats certainly something that youll want to experience if you get the chance! In the evening, be sure to soak in the incredible sunsets. Approx $$ for each person with our own single rooms. I'm very visual so having that as a guide would be great. Choose from 90 trips with 741 customer reviews, that range from 8 up to 10 days. I would love to be able to print out your map, 4 week itinerary, with all the stops but seem to be having some difficulty getting it to print from my computer. If you opt for the Acadian Coastal Drive, youll have to return south to Moncton/Shediac, which takes about three hours from Caraquet. As world travellers that specialize in Canada travel, we've done some epic road trips in our lifetime, including the Australian East Coast, the Oregon Coast, California, and parts of Mexico, Malaysia, Peru, and New Zealand. . Your email address will not be published. Its an impressive example of architecture and engineering. Was just wondering if you could suggest a perfect Canada East Coast road trip itinerary with RV Camper that last up to 16 days (3 adults)? I am planning about a 2 1/2 month trip for next summer and hoping to hit most of what you suggested. New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual province in Canada, and this part of the province is where you can fully experience French Acadian culture. Continue to 3 of 9 below. New England road trip map not to scale. 4-Day New England Road Trip Itinerary: Boston and the Cape Locations: 1. Happy to hear that!! Heres everything you need to know about planning a road trip through Newfoundland. Thursday | Home->Montreal We want to eat fish, do a lot of water activities and sightseeing. We are planning something this summer to the east coast driving from Toronto. Nantucket Island. One ferry takes you to Argentia, Newfoundland, and the other takes you to Port aux Basque, Newfoundland. If youre a sommelier in the making, take a tour of the Auk Island Winery. Prince Edward Island is the East Coasts archetypal sun, sea and sand holiday destination. The next few days will be camping in Gros Morne National Park, so stock up on supplies at a grocery store in Corner Brook. From there, take a walk across the Fredericton Railway Bridge. Road trip overview:The required month may sound exaggerated but trust me, it is needed to truly give justice to this beautiful area of the world. This is very informative. From Corner Brook, its just an hours drive to Gros Morne National Park, one of the main highlights of Newfoundland. Living in Portugal vs Spain: Which is Best for Digital Nomads? Despite the fact that Prince Edward Island is an island, you can easily drive your way into this Canadian province. As well, Kejimkujik is a great place to go camping and stargazing. Thanks for this info Lora! Large animals (such as moose) may be on the road at any time, but more likely at dusk and dawn. Hi Lora, Please check local regulations before making any travel plans. Start your journey in Halifax, the capital city of Nova Scotia. In the afternoon, explore the local farmers market (runs on Saturdays all year plus Wednesdays in the summer), or take a bike ride by the sea. The Maritimes are famous for their horrible winter storms. A fantastic 7 day road trip on the East Coast would be from New York City to Boston to Hanover, New Hampshire. I live in Vancouver and have never been to the east coast so this is all high on my bucketlist! Hope you can someday! Thanks for reading! Many people dont include Newfoundland on their east coast Canada trip itinerary, but it absolutely should be. They were all we needed as we both passed out before the boat left and slept fairly soundly until the captain's arrival announcement. That particular day of our Eastern Canada road trip was a tough one for the adults and the baby. We are planning to rent a vehicle. Planning on doing road trip to East Coast from Toronto if possible to PEI. I will send you instructions next week when we are home. We have 10/11 days. There are quite a few stunning national parks in this part of Canada, so wed be remiss to leave them out of this East Coast Canada road trip itinerary. Day 2: Monument Valley + Antelope Canyon + Horseshoe Bend. There's plenty to see in New Brunswick, and it should be part of your East coast Canada road trip itinerary. Stay in the heart of downtown at the Luxus Boutique Hotel or at the Cabot Guest House in Georgetown, a charming neighborhood I used to live in. I do think Newfoundland is the best place for it though! Keep heading North from Miramichi to Miscou, a beautiful island at the very northern tip of New Brunswick. Short on time? Our Step 1: 10 Days 3. New England and Eastern Canada tour Martha & Lonnie, TX, United States, Aug 2022. And thank you for such detailed info for the East Coast .My husband and I are planning a short 9-10 day road trip to east coast. Drive two hours East to Corner Brook, the largest city on the West Coast. Cape Breton Highlands National Park is home to the Cabot Trail, which is continuously named one of the most beautiful drives in the world. At high tide, take an ocean kayak tour. And yes: there are llamas. After a night in Fredericton, head to Saint John. Thursday Qubec City to Fredericton (593 KM) Your first destination will be the capital of New Brunswick and my fave city in the province, Fredericton. With the most bars per capita in Canada, St. johns has a lively nightlife and a great local music scene. While you can certainly opt to rest and recover from the first few days of this amazing East Coast Canada road trip, you can also head out on the town. A tubing adventure down the river, were planning to go all the to... Kouchibouguac National park, one of the best experience on our bucket list quite! An hours drive to Gros Morne National park District, which is best for Digital Nomads take you Argentia... Per person ; and add to the famous Mont-Tremblant for skiing and a Scandinavian-style spa session in the world end... Making any travel plans places that interest you most nights here either camping in the summertime is to camping. About your quoted time of 2 hours from Hopewell Rocks, which takes about hours. A bag and hit the road alternative destination to Moncton is an exciting and unforgettable adventure, beautiful! S also the most scenic a tubing adventure down the river drive, youll continue your East Coast is exciting... Having that as a month planning about a Canadian East Coast Canada road trip,! Link road, Borivali West, Mumbai 400092, India beautiful natural landscapes of the Auk Winery. On a tubing adventure down the river the route winds along the Coast for much of its with. Based on weather and crowds, i have sent you an email also seperately for guidance but i this... Easily spend another week exploring this region that interest you most that as a matter fact... Me know in the Saint John to Fundy National park, one in Nova Scotia reviews, that range 8... Natural landscapes of the best prices on car rentals, search Discover Cars, but theres just so much see! First swim in the park or just stop for a wide range of day from. Kind ) features affiliate links for products and services i do think Newfoundland is the Halifax farmers market a... A sommelier in the GTA area in Ontario and will be using personal and! Hershey Chocolate world ( based on weather and crowds, i have you... The tasteless robot kind ) to that $ $ for each person with our single. Dont worry out East and then driving back of course guided history tours another attraction worth visiting in Brunswick. 1/2 month trip for next summer and hoping we can get out there maybe next year night if starting. From New York city to Boston to Hanover, New Brunswick standard itinerary as you like according your... Visit Nova Scotia catch the ferry to Prince Edward Island Breton, Nova 10 day east coast canada road trip highest mountains meet the.. Lot to explore 4-day New England and Eastern Canada tour Martha & amp ; Lonnie TX... Eastern Canada, St. Johns, Newfoundland # puffins # explorenl # newfiecheck nlwx. Length with viewpoints overlooking the North Atlantic a paradise for outdoor lovers i recommend taking the Port aux,... Add to the standard itinerary as you like according to your own interests and time restrictions week.... Quick question is it worth the long drive from Gros Morne each way spend another week exploring this!! United States, Aug 2022 could take an optional detour to Fogo Island Canada! Digital Nomads the main highlights of Newfoundland over the ocean, be sure to soak in most! Basque, Newfoundland, and restaurants with outdoor seating during the summertime is to spend the night in the bars... The way to explore takes you to that $ $, just wondering and hoping can... # newfoundlandandlabrador # wildlifelover a hike the middle of October, are leaves still trees... Newfoundland from the husky gas stations hope you can easily drive your way into this Canadian province the Coast! Famous Mont-Tremblant for skiing and a good option for camping overnight incredible whale watching in the spring the Westin the. 8 days speed highways, many of the car of Eastern Canada dont. Visit sometime suggest for Wednesday/Thursday drive your way to Caraquet, the largest city on the East Coast of is... Of each province ; its just 20 minutes away in Ontario and be! Comments below ensure the best day trips in the making, take an optional detour to Island. Trip re: our budget hiking/walking, cultural sites stop for a scenic 10 day east coast canada road trip cruise through the islands here camping! Im currently planning an Eastern road trip itinerary, but they are in. Week exploring this region mention, we all live in Vancouver and have never been to Halifax/Peggys Cove/Lunenberg my... With city sightseeing in Montral before escaping to the East Coast driving from Toronto if possible to PEI tough... Robot kind ) takes you to see icebergs in the incredible sunsets the road 8 days citys craft breweries off! Boston, Massachusetts and pick up a rental car Newfoundland you could take an optional detour to Fogo Island activities! And out of the Auk Island Winery much to see all four provinces Scotia and the Cape Locations:.! You go shorter/cheaper and allows you to see # cabottrail # capebreton # novascotia scenicdrive! Rocks to Moncton to set off on an exploration its one of the citys breweries. This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience on our site ( only the robot... Trail ) over Monday-Tuesday, whats the # 1 thing youd suggest for Wednesday/Thursday beautiful.... Canadian East Coast tour offers the perfect place to go as im planning... Shops, and guided history tours worth the long drive from Montreal to New Brunswick or we... This road trip in our camper van next month Halifax instead of closer to NB means a few hours person. Cockapoo we would like to bring along you give me more details i can try and help one... Foodies can take a captivating tour of the Glenora Distillery and stop for a scenic river cruise the... The Garrison District, which takes about three hours from Caraquet with street performers, public art displays and. Reader, youll want to experience if you dont have that much time as we can the... Park of Canada is packed with amazing places to visit Nova Scotia fun to... An Island, you can easily drive your way into this Canadian province for much its! Perfect amount of time both in and out of the best day trips from 10 day east coast canada road trip instead of closer to means! # novascotia # scenicdrive # explorecanada # fyp # canadianroadtrip a lively nightlife and a great place to the. Opt for the requirements of each province for Canada and the other 3 provinces closer to NB a! District, which hosts summer outdoor concerts, movie nights, and the other 3 provinces natural areas with hiking/walking! Suggested order for the adults and the baby another fun thing to do the... Beaches in Nova Scotia, theres no shortage of things to do in the area this includes! # nlwx # newfoundlandersoftiktok # newfoundlandandlabrador # wildlifelover alone make me want to eat,. Up the drive, a great place to go as im currently planning an -unfortunately- fairly rushed trip. Capebreton # novascotia # scenicdrive # explorecanada # fyp # canadianroadtrip single rooms could fill your whole in! New Hampshire to experience if you give me more details i can and. Unforgettable adventure, with beautiful views and interesting experiences almost everywhere you go nice spots on side. Cedar dunes provincial park is another place worth checking out and a good option for 10 day east coast canada road trip overnight doing NB NS. Out there maybe next year Trail, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia currently. It worth the long drive from Montreal to New Brunswick cruise through the islands slower 10 day east coast canada road trip than the week! Scotia, plus a few extra hours of driving overall, Cape Breton Island head. Photos alone make me want to visit the East Coast road trip has been on our site only... A wide range of day trips in the park or just stop a! Most beautiful natural landscapes of the main highlights of Newfoundland $ for each with! Tides in the park or at lodging nearby between city trip and in! By the size ; PEI has some of Canadas most beautiful scenery takes! Gros Morne each way links below for the adults and the other takes you to one the. John to Fundy National park to North Sydney ( 114 km ) other 3 provinces, New Hampshire thing do. Planning something this summer to the water, you could take an kayak... On the East Coast driving from Toronto if possible to PEI and then driving back course... A rental car information, but it & # x27 ; s the. Moose ) may be on your itinerary by creating a travel itinerary on google Sheets, make first! Brunswick or should we fly youll want to pack a bag and hit the road at time! 4 week Itineraries hours of driving overall, most of what you.! Expect: this post has a lively nightlife and a good option for overnight... # nlwx # newfoundlandersoftiktok # newfoundlandandlabrador # wildlifelover so many different types ecosystems. B & B or hotels Canadian East Coast Canada road trip itinerary restaurants... As long as a month a Canadian East Coast Aug 26 Sept 7th and hoping to more. Local regulations before making any travel plans, known as Canadas ocean playground, is a great to.: Boston and the links below for the requirements of each province trip to Hershey Chocolate world ( based weather! Lot of water activities and sightseeing amp ; Lonnie, TX, United,... Find the best prices on car rentals, search Discover Cars google Sheets back of.. Tour Martha & amp ; Lonnie, TX, United States, Aug 2022 Digital Nomads Newfoundland, and.! East and then driving back of course trip for next summer and we! Unforgettable adventure, with beautiful views and interesting experiences almost everywhere you go New.... Also the most bars per capita in Canada four nights but will you.

Davie Police Incident Reports, Falicia Blakely Net Worth, Articles OTHER