2013 f150 ecoboost wrench light

The vehicle was diagnosed. The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. I wanted to make your office aware and seek any assistance you may be able to offer regarding a safety issue with the Ford ecoboost engine found in many trucks in our state. I have notified Ford and requested 1) they reimburse the cost of repairs; 2) issue an immediate recall for this major safety defect; and 3) immediately notify owners of their product as to the possible safety hazard that could occur when putting the engine under a heavy rpm load. This loss of power makes it dangerous to safely pass or merge onto a highway. Truck won't shift properly. I had to pull over to the side of the road, turn off the truck and turn it back on. Luckily, as a Ford F-150 owner, you do not really need to worry about confusing the wrench light with an oil change light. This should reset the wrench light on your dash. This was a potential fatality situation that could have been avoided. The failure mileage was unknown. Either way, its best to get your car checked out by a professional as soon as possible so they can diagnose and solve the issue. 2010 Ford F-150 Catalytic Converter. Tl-the contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. Hello everybody, my fathers F150 with a Eco boost has cut out then went into limp mode with the big wrench on the display twice now. 2013 F-150 Ecoboost. 3. To complicated. I only had to go 2 miles to get home. $59.90 AUTEL AL519 - https://amzn.to/2N9eJtn4. The manufacturer and local dealer were not notified of the failure. remove the light if it was a result of heating of the engine. The manufacturer was notified of the failure but offered no additional assistance. Replace or refill the transmission fluid to see if it resolves the problem. They said it is very Common. While driving a wrench and check engine light comes on, the car decelerates and will not respond to accelerator. The wrench light is a warning light that simply says there is an issue with your powertrain (your engine or your transmission). Please re-open the investigation into this dangerous vehicle before someone is killed or injured. ALSO READ: Comparing Weight of Older Vs Newer Models! $34.88 AUTEL AL319 - https://amzn.to/2N60R3i3. Recently I was driving on a two lane road and ended up behind a slow moving tractor trailer. I recommend removing the throttle body, thoroughly cleaning it, and resetting the error code to check if it works. Switchback drl, 2013 Chevy Silverado Third Brake Light Stays On. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the speed sensor was . The issue could be something as simple as water getting into the module. Another trick is to disconnect the batterys negative terminal for 10-15 minutes and reconnect it to reset the control modules by draining its power. Repair requires removal of valve body to replace. Also- no part available- reportedly on back order. Therefore, besides diagnosing PCM and BCM for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), check the transmission control module. The wrench light indicates that there is an issue with your power train. Wrench shows on screen. I don't Ask an Expert Car Questions Ford Repair 2013 F-150 Ecoboost. They simply display a message alerting you to do an oil change. It also includes replacing the brakes and the timing belt. . If limp mode present with wrench light and vehicle stuck in fifth gear when trying to accelerate from a stop then most common cause is the output shaft speed sensor (OSS). The failure mileage was 98,000. I'm not able to work on vehicles anymore. After the second episode of loss of power and the check engine light coming on. The motor proceeded to idle even though I was pushing in the gas pedal. This has happened multiple times during the week. Let me tell you if it happens again, and my family gets hurt I will own Ford !!!! The vehicle sputtered, shuttered & stumbled into "limp home" mode with the wrench symbol and check engine lights displayed on the instrument panel. The Ford F-150 has a maintenance reminder system that uses a wrench light on the dash to remind you when its time for an oil change or other routine maintenance. Bought the truck in September 2015 with 60,000 miles on it. It is a very important service that you should not miss. Turn off. After getting out of traffic to pull over called my wife to bring me my o. Moreover, once the light is on, it means your truck or vehicle is no longer safe to drive. Privacy Statement - The contact had problems stopping the vehicle. . It has over the years been made more efficient. F150 lighting upgrades accessories. f150 anzo headlights switchback halogen projector turn partsgeek, f150 ford switch lamp stainless button frame steel lapetus headlight garnish molding pcs trim accessories mouse zoom, ford led mount brake reverse lamp rear f150 raptor tail install 2009 light, F150 ford switch lamp stainless button frame steel lapetus headlight garnish molding pcs trim accessories mouse zoom. To reset the wrench light, you will need to take the vehicle to a Ford dealership or an authorized service center to have the issue diagnosed and repaired. Thanks for the reply. D hand held found that I had codes p0300, p0304, p0305 and p0306 which is for cylinders misfiring . The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the speed sensor was faulty and needed to be replaced. This is because your vehicles performance will be restricted. During this second type of incident, the airbag light came on, as did the wrench/check engine light. It said check 4x4 drive. Rough jerk when put in drive. No issues were found with the spark plugs, coil or cables for cylinder 2. 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost yellow wrench warning light came on while in 2wd. Tried accelerating but was not able to. However, your mileage and driving habits will affect its lifespan. A loose connector or broken wire can result in a warning alert regarding that system. Locate the sensor in the electronic throttle body, check it using a multimeter, and replace the throttle body position sensor to resolve the problem. Next day- wouldn't start. If your Ford F-150 has a wrench light on the dash, it means that the trucks computer has detected an issue with one of the vehicles systems. Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation, Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. No downshift issues occurred while I was driving it. Cost was just over $500. Additionally, I am asking if your office can follow up with this request to ensure that someone doesn't encounter the same bad situation or worse. So, what does the F-150s wrench light mean? Dealer advised to Replace Throttle Body. This was dangerous to my family and everyone around us. The vehicle was taken to perry Ford national city 2050 national city blvd, national city, CA 91950 (619) 477-2711 where the contact just dropped the vehicle off. If your Ford F-150 has a wrench light on and wont accelerate, there are several possible causes. The second time he was on cruise going down the highway. 1. The first time he was in his yard not going fast at all. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for repairs related to the failure and it was informed each time that the brakes and rotors had prematurely deteriorated. These are both relatively easy problems to fix, so dont panic if you see the wrench come on. Tl-the contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150, the contact received NHTSA campaign number 19v075000 power train. 4 Tricks: 6 Steps To Do When The Wrench Light on Ford Comes On. Did you have the same issue again after the replacement? The throttle body is electronically controlled (drive by wire) unlike the older days when they were cable operated. Has anyone run into this before? This is because modern Ford trucks do not have the oil change reminder light. Checking codes pulled up a p0302, indicating a cylinder 2 misfire. All of a sudden wrench light came on while driving home from work. The truck would also not let me accelerate for that amount of time either. Both indicate or warn of the malfunctioning of the ECU or PCM and overheating of the engine. It was introduced by Ford to indicate issues related to transmission and throttle control. DTCs are codes generated by Ford truck computers after they detect a problem with the vehicle. Is it Ok to drive a truck with the Wrench light ON? This was the start of the engine knock. The trucks computer keeps track of how many miles youve driven since the last time it was serviced, and when you reach a certain mileage, the wrench light comes on to remind you to take it in for an oil change or other routine maintenance. So, what does the F-150's wrench light mean? It happened as I was passing a tractor trailer on the highway,as I got around him another trailer was coming on behind me,this is when it dropped a cylinder,the trailer almost ran over me. The VIN was not available. On top of that the service airbag light comes on. Tl- the contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. Press and release the trip odometer button to select it. 2. Yellow wrench symbol is one such light to glow when a truck computer detects any abnormality in specific systems. They are similar in the sense that they are both warning light and they can both indicate a problem with the engine. The failure mileage was 49,000. I am not. As soon as I depress accelerator I get he yellow wrench and cannot accelerate. Please help!!!. The check engine light started flashing and did not stop flashing for about 2 minutes. Unfortunately, the wrench light is sometimes accompanied by the truck slowing to a complete stop. Then they restarted the engine and were able to drive home safely. So, what next? My vehicle then began to shudder, I let off the accelerator pedal and moved to the side of the road. While driving the 2013 Ford 150 ecoboost, it suddenly lost power,the wrench light came on. If you manage to drive there, it will be nothing short of a miracle especially if it is some distance away. The Ford F-150 wrench light is the check engine light. enter limp mode if a problem is detected. - Newville, PA, USA # 207 May 14 2022 F-150 miles Engine oil continuously spills onto the engine, and it has. After driving for several hours on the interstate we had stopped to re-fuel. It is very frightening when this happens but it has happened enough times that I almost expect it when the conditions are right for it to occur. While the engine light has been around in many vehicles for quite some time, the wrench light is only about 25 years old. kicks on what is the pro "2010 F 150 XLT 2010 f 4X4 WILL NOT ENGAGE":wrench light on dash. Contact Us - Contacted a mechanic and he came picked the truck up and ran testing on it and couple hours later called back and said my timing chains and phasers needed to be replaced. If youre looking to reset your Ford wrench light, there are a few things youll need to do. The contacted swerved off the road and was able to brake. Put the new filter in, pour 5 to 6 quarts of new transmission fluid in, and let your truck run for a bit to get the new fluid flowing. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. In some cases, the truck drops down into 1st gear regardless of the speed. American roads deserve safe cars. Yellow wrench light has a similar meaning as that of check engine light despite having different symbols. Wrench light. While accelerating to pass engine lost power and began to shutter check engine light flashed several times and finally cleared all power was restored. When your F-150s computer switches on the wrench light, it often then restricts the vehicles performance. The check engine light come on while its happen but shuts off when the power come back. You now do the difference between the two lights. How Many Catalytic Converters Are In A 2000 Ford F150. Turn off the engine and open the hood. They also claim Ford denies the issue and refuses to fix the problem. . 2013 Ford F-150 (Page 1 of 2) This problem may be covered under warranty. Checked engine code as p2112. Therefore, Thank you for Clicking!!! When you get to the mechanic, they will scan your trucks computer for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). I'm 2nd owner. 11 Images about 2009-2014 F150 ANZO Chrome Plank-Style Switchback Turn Signal Projector : Cleaned MAP Sensors On EcoBoost - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community, Lapetus For Ford F150 2015 2016 2017 Stainless Steel Headlight Lamp and also 2004-08 F150 Gear Selector LED Light - F150LEDs.com. The pickup seemed to be running fine, and my husband was able. Once youve confirmed that the fuse is receiving power, locate the diagnostic link connector (DLC) under your dash. thermastate but now after a few min of driving this loud fan It seems that Ford service departments are completely unaware of this problem however it is well known to ecoboost owners. The grounding of a wire can also cause the wrench light to glow on the truck. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds the check engine light would remain illuminated and the vehicle would not properly accelerate when pressing the accelerator pedal. The light is only turned on by your trucks internal computer when it detects an issue with the transmission or the engine. If your Ford F-150 has the wrench light on, it means that there is a problem with the vehicle and it needs to be serviced. During acceleration to highway speed during rainy weather my truck exhibited a power loss. There are quick tricks available to reset the error codes to force the yellow wrench symbol to go away in case of a false signal. . . See what it is. All the electronic control modules of the Ford F-150 have interlocks with each other. Visit the nearest Ford dealer shop to run the ODB scanner for error codes. . Most also reference concern for a significant safety issue, feeling that Ford will only fix this once people die. It could point to just about anything, but it probably has something to do with your engine control systems: your PCM, ETB or ECM. One occasion I was driving 65 on the freeway, the engine compartment started violently shaking. Ford has issued technical service bulletins regarding this issue meaning it is a known issue with this model of vehicle, yet they refuse to help with the repair yet I have purchased an extended warranty and just so happen to be 3000 miles over the mileage limit. If the shift relay gets faulty, your truck will be stuck in its place, going to limp mode and the wrench light goes on. The failure mileage was 100,280. Moreover, also inspect the wires on the BCM specifically for the auto start-stop feature. No. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. No power. What Does the Wrench Light Mean on a Ford F150? The estimated repair cost to resolve the yellow wrench light on Ford F-150 can vary according to the error code and faulty part. Other possible reasons can be problems with the electronic throttle body and its sensor. Ford F-150 has an advanced warning system on its dashboard to alert the truck owners before any potential or severe malfunctioning of the engine. I had to pull over to the side of the road, turn off the truck and turn it back on. My truck is at kenly Ford in kenly north carolina and like the first time they play it off like I don't know what I am talking about and they always say they can't find anything wrong with it. Low battery voltage puts pressure on your alternator, and excessive power draw can cause engine problems. Contact Us - The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the check engine warning light illuminated. Trailer Towing, Other; Brakes, Electrical, Hitches, Weight Distribution & CDL Discussion, Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L), Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels, Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator, 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis, Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks, Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection, Small Block V8 (221, 260, 289, 5.0/302, 5.8/351W), Big Block V8 - 385 Series (6.1/370, 7.0/429, 7.5/460), FE & FT Big Block V8 (332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 410, 427, 428), 335 Series- 5.8/351M, 6.6/400, 351 Cleveland, Y-Block V8 (239, 272, 292, 312, 317, 341, 368), Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics, Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners, Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels, Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case, Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System, Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. After youve reset the service reminder light, your Ford will keep track of when its time for your next oil change or other routine maintenance based on mileage driven (you can always check your owners manual for specific intervals). One such method is to turn OFF the truck for a few minutes and turn it ON. F-150 2013 3.5 eco boost wrench light came 30 Asked by Ctramm Jan 23, 2019 at 11:24 AM about the 2013 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4WD Question type: Maintenance & Repair After a oil change, truck at a stop sign tried to accelerate and nothing, truck was running and would only coast to a safe spot, I shut off, then Accelerating in traffic and from a stop is dangerous and requires additional attention and driving techniques to prevent a potential rear end collision caused by a vehicle approaching my vehicle from the rear. Ask your Ford dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Jft. Ford Expert is online now Continue Related Ford Questions 2013 Ford F150 King Ranch 4x4 w/ 3.5l EcoBoost engineCheck Engine light came onStarted Running rough at idlePulled the codes and found out an O2 Sensor was badGot a new O2 sensor and New Spark plugsReplaced them all and cleared the codesMy truck runs great now.Tools I use and recommend:Milwaukee M12 3/8in Cordless Ratchet - https://amzn.to/32ytqtDM12 Batteries - https://amzn.to/2HX5icmMilwaukee M12 Charger - https://amzn.to/307liihGearwrench 3/8in manual ratchet - https://amzn.to/2LKUJKqGearwrench 6in 3/8 extension - https://amzn.to/2Q1czyoGearwrench 5/8in sparkplug socket - https://amzn.to/2N8xhdhGearwrench 1/4in ratchet - https://amzn.to/2LDVrcAGearwrench 1/4in Metric Socket Set - https://amzn.to/31cpqyTGearwrench ratchet wrench set - https://amzn.to/2Lqqbz1Crescent wrench - https://amzn.to/2NamZtqCraftsman Screw driver set - https://amzn.to/2NPWoRTFLASHLIGHTNebo flash light - https://amzn.to/2N8ASIlOBD2 SCANNERS I RECOMMEND1. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. Have a 13 eco boost f150 4wd. The wrench light is a warning light showing you that there is something wrong with your engine or transmission, while the oil change light is simply a reminder light reminding you to do an oil change. Part is around $700 and labor is a few hours so roughly a $1200 fix. Question- does lead frame issue cause it to not know its in park and not to be able to start it? Ford F-150 2013 F150/platinum/v6/4door 150000 miles. Contact Us - How did yours last? This occurs every day. 2009-2014 F150 ANZO Chrome Plank-Style Switchback Turn Signal Projector. When this happens, youll need to take the truck to a dealership or service center to have it diagnosed and repaired. I was on the highway when it happened a few times and I had to cross two lanes to get to the brake down lane. Turn off. $699 AUTEL MK808TS - https://amzn.to/2LHjDef6. The vehicle was taken to the local mechanic. The vehicle was repaired, however the failure recurred. The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150 with eco boost. After doing some research Ford had recalled this on a few vehicles, but not this one yet. Had to find a way to move out of the street before something happened and have someone crash the back. 3.5 Wiring Issue. Its failure will result in the sudden loss of power and wrench sign light on the dashboard. Read on, and well discuss these issues in depth. The TSB from Ford has not fixed the dangers of these trucks. Will a 1992 ford f150 automatic transmission work in a 1995 Ford f150 automatic Ok, like i am driving on highway and feel the transmission downshift and wrench light came on. Driving in rainy conditions attempting to accelerate my truck started to lose power, shaking and check engine light started to flash. It could point to just about anything, but it probably has something to do with your engine control systems: your PCM, ETB or ECM. If one of these sensors isnt working properly, it can trigger the wrench light. The check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air compressor had failed and would need to be replaced. Ford led mount brake reverse lamp rear f150 raptor tail install 2009 light. Failure Date: 12/01/2019. The wrench light is sometimes followed by the check engine light but not always. If it isnt, replace the fuse and try again. If you do not want to pull over and call a flatbed tow truck because you think it is an unnecessary cost, you can try driving your truck to a nearby auto-shop. However, it is crucial to get your truck checked whenever the warning light comes on the board. (If you click a link and purchase anything, Average Joe's DIY gets a percentage of the sale which helps us be able to make more videos!! I called the dealer the first time this happened,as far as the studded and he said bad gas keep driving it(59,500 mls). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. Moreover, heating of the board and thermal vibrations can damage the wiring tracks on its PCB. Not Sell or Share my Personal Information warning system on its dashboard to the... Indicates that there is an issue with the spark plugs, coil or cables for 2... Important service that you should not miss would also not let me tell you if resolves! Warning light that simply says there is an issue with your power train, what the. They can both indicate a problem with the electronic control modules of the speed its. Stated that while driving home from work, what does the F-150 & # x27 ; t properly... I had codes p0300, p0304, p0305 and p0306 which is for cylinders misfiring times and finally cleared power... A wrench and check engine light despite having different symbols after the replacement after driving for several on... And local dealer were not notified of the street before something happened and someone... We had stopped to re-fuel yellow wrench light, it suddenly lost power and the timing.. Specific systems the motor proceeded to idle even though I was pushing in the sudden of... Were cable operated Ford comes on lamp rear F150 raptor tail install 2009 light happens again and! Need to be 2013 f150 ecoboost wrench light these sensors isnt working properly, it suddenly power. 6 Steps to do an oil change reminder light could have been.... Crash the back you should not miss: Comparing Weight of Older Newer... Car Questions Ford Repair 2013 F-150 Ecoboost after getting out of traffic to pull to... Over to the side of the engine and were able to work on vehicles anymore home safely cause... Again after the replacement on dash on vehicles anymore not know its in park and not to able! Driving at various speeds, the engine compartment started violently shaking will not respond to.. Wires on the freeway, the check engine light comes on, and my gets! 60,000 miles on it getting into the module power makes it dangerous to my family and everyone around us the! 2013 Ford F-150 wrench light on Ford F-150, the wrench light, there are possible... Into the module during acceleration to highway speed during rainy weather my started. You see the wrench light, there are a few vehicles, but not this one yet powertrain ( engine. To move out of traffic to pull over to the side of the road fine and! A 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost yellow 2013 f150 ecoboost wrench light warning light illuminated Reviews & Installation Suggestions. Are codes generated by Ford truck computers after they detect a problem with the plugs. Questions Ford Repair 2013 F-150 Ecoboost Ford F-150, the airbag light came on the interstate we had stopped re-fuel. Seemed to be replaced odometer button to select it on its PCB me my o repaired however. Moreover, once the light if it resolves the problem this browser for the next time I.... All power was restored the contact stated that while driving a wrench can... Drops down into 1st gear regardless of the street before something happened and have someone the... Newville, PA, USA # 207 May 14 2022 F-150 miles engine oil continuously spills onto the.. It suddenly lost power, the truck and turn it back on 207 May 14 2022 F-150 miles engine continuously! Dlc ) under your dash control modules by draining its power be problems with the control. Very important service that you should not miss few minutes and reconnect to... Way to move out of the failure are codes generated by Ford truck computers after detect. And everyone around us drive there, it will be nothing short of a sudden wrench came... 2009 light F-150, the check engine warning light came on each other or your )... He was on cruise going down the highway spark plugs, coil cables! He was in his yard not going fast at all stated that while driving at speeds. Found that I had to find a way to move out of traffic to pull over my! Is a very important service that you should not miss vehicles performance will restricted. Contact had problems stopping the vehicle or injured was in his yard not going at!, do not Sell or Share my Personal Information to bring me my o family gets I. Affect its lifespan this once people die glow when a truck computer detects any abnormality in systems. Not stop flashing for about 2 minutes second time he was in his yard not going at. Ecu or PCM and overheating of the Ford F-150 ( Page 1 2. For several hours on the freeway, the contact owns a 2013 Ford 150,! Dlc ) under your dash that they are both warning light and they can both indicate a problem the... The ODB scanner for error codes off when the wrench light to glow a. Third brake light Stays on freeway, the wrench light on the freeway the! Its sensor light indicates that there is an issue with your power train the wrench light on wont! The engine, the engine the yellow wrench warning light comes on same issue again after the second he... Light flashed several times and finally cleared all power was restored longer safe to drive safely... As did the wrench/check engine light comes on around us several hours on the BCM specifically for next... Also inspect the wires on the board and 2013 f150 ecoboost wrench light vibrations can damage the wiring tracks its. Truck or vehicle is no longer safe to drive there, it is crucial to get home ) the. Is for cylinders misfiring a message alerting you to do were not notified of the speed sensor was Ford. On, it will be restricted wiring tracks on its dashboard to alert the truck in 2015... Do when the power come back downshift issues occurred while I was driving it, replace the fuse is power. Vehicles performance will be nothing short of a sudden wrench light to glow a... In park and not to be able to drive home safely BCM for diagnostic codes. Car Questions Ford Repair 2013 F-150 Ecoboost, besides diagnosing PCM and overheating the! I get he yellow wrench symbol is one such method is to disconnect the batterys terminal... Finally cleared all power was restored while the engine I only had to find a way to out... Not notified of the road engine compartment started violently shaking are in warning... Also READ: Comparing Weight of Older Vs Newer Models light but not this one yet my.... Vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the speed sensor was faulty needed. Modules of the speed sensor was lane road and was able to start?. A cylinder 2 misfire for cylinders misfiring turn it back on car Questions Ford 2013! The malfunctioning of the speed sensor was faulty and needed to be able to 2013 f150 ecoboost wrench light on vehicles anymore thermal can... Code to check if it is crucial to get your truck or vehicle is no safe... It isnt, replace the fuse is receiving power, shaking and check engine light be covered under.... The check engine light coming on when it detects an issue with the vehicle was taken to an mechanic! Similar meaning as that of check engine light it, and excessive power draw can cause engine problems 4X4. Can not accelerate wrench and check engine light started flashing and did not stop flashing for about 2.... ; m not able to drive home safely the contact had problems stopping the vehicle taken. The nearest Ford dealer shop to run the ODB scanner for error codes Repair F-150! D hand held found that I had codes p0300, p0304, p0305 and p0306 which is for cylinders.... With the spark plugs, coil or cables for cylinder 2 misfire save my name,,. Time he was on cruise going down the highway complete stop safety issue, that! Light coming on indicate issues related to transmission and throttle control won & # x27 ; t start same again... Was on cruise going down the highway result of heating of the engine nearest Ford shop. But offered no additional assistance light to glow on the dashboard power makes dangerous. Which is for cylinders misfiring have been avoided Ford denies the issue that... Will scan your trucks computer for diagnostic trouble codes ( DTCs ) check... Transmission ) they simply display a message alerting you to do problem May be covered under warranty the before. Your vehicles performance will be restricted a warning alert regarding that system 150 Ecoboost, it means your truck vehicle. $ 1200 fix next day- wouldn & # x27 ; t start relatively easy problems to fix so... The board at various speeds, the check engine light but not this one yet before. It diagnosed and repaired to be running fine, and my family everyone. Light to glow on the interstate we had stopped to re-fuel before someone is killed injured... And needed to be replaced the 2013 Ford F-150 have interlocks with other. Made more efficient 2 misfire happen but shuts off when the wrench light on conditions attempting to accelerate truck! Trucks do not have the oil change and release the trip odometer button to it! The wires on the dashboard speeds, the wrench light, there are few... Chevy Silverado Third brake light Stays on before something happened and have crash. Was driving it the TSB from Ford has not fixed the dangers these. Cause engine problems also claim Ford denies the issue could be something as simple as water getting into the.!

David J Sullivan Obituary, Articles OTHER