alderman for mequon

Nerbun was appointed to serve as the alderman for District 8 in April 2017 and elected in 2018. As I have watched this city grow, I am often concerned about runaway development and its impact on our our land, our quality of life, and ultimately our taxes. The new lawsuitcomes after Gierl won his original lawsuit in October. They won 48 times. I tried to follow these rules when I served on the Council, and I will try to follow themagain if I am reelected in April. Term limits ensure that, at least occasionally, seats are contested. A complaint filed Feb. 22 in Ozaukee County Circuit Court said Gierl is requesting emaildistribution lists and emails sent to such lists, which distribute information todistrict alumni, recipients ofthe district's Momentum newsletter and Mequon-Thiensville Recreation Department participants. That suit was filed inAugust 2020 and sought a court ruling asking the Mequon-Thiensville School District to turn overthe email addresses of those who received a link to "The Talk: A necessary conversation on privilege and race with our children." Only one incumbent, in 2006, lost. They have areas of expertise. Great job, thanks for posting! 117 likes. Robhas extensive experience in marketing, business management, printing, organizational branding, and consulting for a wide array of businesses. ARGUMENT: Experience is lost through term limits.THE TRUTH: Experience is important. I suspect that would happen here, but voters are unlikely to get the chance, Mequon has few referendums. Additionally, Daleis a member of Howard Schroeder Post 457 American Legion of Mequon, Wisconsin and Chevrolet Mark of Excellence. Ozaukee County Economic Development Corporation, Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission. He previouslyserved as the Alderman for District 7 from April of 2012 to March of 2017 and Alderman for District 8 from April of 2017 to April of 2022. Additionally, Daleis a member of Howard Schroeder Post 457 American Legion of Mequon, Wisconsin and Chevrolet Mark of Excellence. Alderman District 5 4/2014-Present Safe, peaceful neighborhoods Budget & spending accountability Selective, quality development Support for educational excellence Reduction of government waste and inefficiencies Better service and lower taxes Impartiality in decision making Honesty and transparency in government My wife, Vanessa, and I made the decision to move to Mequon in 2004. Mark Gierl won an open records lawsuit against the Mequon-Thiensville School District in October, he is suing the district again, seeking to obtain access to other email distribution lists after saying the district denied his requests. Andrewcurrently works atLeonardo DRS, where he holds the position as Director of Mechanical Engineering. Term limits do that. Remember, 48-1. Andrew Nerbun was elected as Mequons 12th mayor in April of 2022. If a policy or law is wrong, change it. MEQUON A 40-acre development proposed for the northwest corner of Port Washington and Highland roads which would require rezoning left aldermen with mixed reactions during a preliminary . They > are: In District 2, incumbent Alderman Connie Pukaite will not be seeking > reelection. Kathleen is an activemember of the Thiensville-Mequon Rotary Club. Talk to the press. Glenn has experience as a credit analysis, small business owner, project manager, and data analysis. Most of the time, when there is an open seat, a couple of people run. Additionally, the Mayor is the head of the fire and police departments. You can disagree with other aldermen without being disagreeable. . The Big Picture is not enough. Additionally, Brian has been a volunteer and (Past) President for several Wisconsin professional trade associations. Daleis currently the General Manager of Newman Chevrolet in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address. Gierl, who has represented Mequon's. Bill (and his wife, Janet) have positively impacted Mequon for many years, and he looks forward to giving back to the community by serving in this role. Contact Information City Clerk's Office 11333 N. Cedarburg Road Mequon, WI 53092 Caroline Fochs City Clerk (262) 236-2912 Email Janet Meyer Deputy Clerk (262) 236-2911 Email Kathy Andrykowski Deputy Clerk (262) 236-2914 Email View Full Contact Details Upcoming Events 11333 N. Cedarburg Road Gierl's attorney, Tom Kamenick, who is the president and founderof the Wisconsin Transparency Project, said in an emailed statement Feb. 22 that the district not only refused to turn over the lists but also refused to provide any emails it sent to that list even after Gierl narrowed the timespan of his request. Please vote to re-elect him April 4, 2023. Brian is actively supportive of social justice organizations that advocate for women, children and families in our community and beyond. The map for Aldermanic District 8, which occupies the southeast corner of Mequon, can be found here . Even 100 people showing up at a meeting does not necessarily indicate a majority opinion. Brian serves as alternate on the Planning Commission. Dale has been a resident of Mequon/Thiensville area for 38 years. where he holds the position as Director of Mechanical Engineering, Ozaukee County Economic Development Corporation, Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission, Aldermanic Districts and Voting Wards (2022), Sewer Utility District Commission Regular Meeting. Nobody will do that for you. My proposal is considered a "charter ordinance"; therefore, it will require six of the eight Council members are elected for three-year terms. Kathleen currently serves on thePublic Welfare Committee andthe Public Safety Committee. As a new homeowner in Alderman Gierl's district who needed support, I was very impressed by his responsiveness and resolve to help me navigate a pool ordinance issue that I was unaware of when I purchased my home. Listen to your constituents. You will accomplish more if you get along with other aldermen. Jeffrey has called Mequon home since 1993. Alderman Gierl again is being opposed by Gregg Bach for the April 4th, 2023 election.Please be sure to vote either absentee or in person! Push hard. Right or wrong, they are good people. Additionally, the Council relies on input from residents and recommendations from many volunteer citizen committees to ensure a citizen-centered process. The selected candidate will then be sworn and seated at the meeting. The Common Council reflects the residents of the community. Thank you. You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address. On the other hand, remember that their jobs only exist to serve the City. Nancy Urbani - Mequon District 8 Alderman, Wisconsin Political Candidate Directory > Wisconsin Political Candidates > Nancy Urbani Nancy Urbani Office: Mequon District 8 Alderman Party Affiliation: Next Election: 2023 City: Mequon State: Wisconsin Website: https://www.urbanimequon.com Occasionally, they may have their own politics and agenda and, on some issues, they might not agree with you and your constituents. Flexibility is important, but consistency and fairness are even more important. Mequon, Wisconsin 53097, SIGN ORDINANCE AND FREE SPEECH: An open letter to the Common Council. Even on a local level, it is much easier to win reelection as an incumbent. Mark Gierl won an open records lawsuit against the Mequon-Thiensville School District in October, he is suing the district again,. They care, work hard and generally do a good job. On Tuesday, August 14, the Common Council will consider an ordinance I proposed that would create term limits for the mayor and alderman. Right or wrong, they are good people. These are obligations and are necessary for good government. Daleserved in the US ARMY from 1974 1979. As the President and CEO of Corporate Group, Inc., Bill brings 30+ years of Executive Leadership experience specializing in operational and managerial success to the Common Council. Usually anxiety and fear of the unknown cause the complaints. M-F: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. Deputy Clerk Jeffrey serves as an alternate on the Economic Development Board. New ideas are at least considered and possible deficiencies at City Hall are debated. Additionally, Brian has been a volunteer and (Past) President for several Wisconsin professional trade associations. Propose things. Additionally, Glenn has been an avid volunteer for non-profits, such as The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Moreover, to ensure it is not personal, the new ordinance would only kick-in after an existing alderman or the mayor is elected four more times (I promise you I will not run four times I term limited myself as an alderman). Glenn holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics from UW- Milwaukee, Mathematics, a Master of Science Degree in Economics from UW-Madison, and a Master of Science Degree in Engineering from the University of Illinois. Robcurrently serveson the Finance-Personnel Committee andthe Planning Commission. The Committee, once interviews conclude, will make a recommendation to the Council, which will take formal action on the recommendation at the June 14, 2022 Council meeting. Kelly Tolocko, Mequon WI, Candidate for Alderwoman District 2. Over the years, some of your most ardent adversaries will become your friends. Authorized and paid for by Friends of John Wirth. Glenn Bushee has been Alderman for District 2 since April of 2017 and currently serves on theFinance Personnel Committee andthePublic Safety Committee. Community New Residents Community Survey Community FAQ City of Mequon Weekly Bulletin City Maps The case was alsopublicized by Amber Schroeder, an organizer of a recall effort last November against four Mequon-Thiensville School Board members. Deputy Clerk 1 talking about this. Jeffrey holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Regular and Special Education from UW-Whitewater. Mequon, WI 53092, Caroline Fochs 11333 N. Cedarburg Road Borrowing - Mark Gierl for Alderman Mequon District 5 Borrowing Borrowing Rates With an MBA, professional 40 year career in finance, and as a retired Certified Investment Management Analyst (Wharton School of Business) it was easy to see that interest rates were at historical lows in early 2022. ~M, Authorized and paid for by Friends of John Wirth. Elect Andrew Nerbun, Alderman District 8, City of Mequon. Do not expect a bunch of lazy bureaucrats. 512.9358 info@mtchamber.org Alderman Mark Gierl has been a great alderman, friend and neighbor. Listen to staff. In fact, with term limits, they are more likely to have a choice. I am a wife, a mother, a lifelong resident of Mequon, and I am passionate about our community.I have spent my adult life as an active participant here in Mequon, as a registered nurse in our local hospital, as a volunteer . Those interested will participate in an interview session conducted by the Committee of the Whole at 6:30 P.M. on June 7, 2022. Kathleencompleted a residency in both Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Brian currentlyserves as Common Council President and sits on the Park & Open Space Committee and Finance & Personnel Committee. Many people want someone in government to listen to them. His determination in the face of some significant head winds made it possible for the City of Mequon to pass good common-sense . But, if you wait for staff to put something together, your term will be over and you will have accomplished nothing. . Prioritize. After all, their aldermen the man or woman who lives down the street is a good person (this is one of the same reasons congressional incumbents often win). Phone messages were left with and emails were sent to Mequon-Thiensville School District officials, who did not immediately respond. These standing committees make recommendations to the full body regarding municipal projects, facilities, services, finance and personnel and the communitys health, safety and welfare. My name is Kelly Tolocko, and I am running for District 2 Alderwoman of Mequon. In most every instance in communities in Wisconsin and around the country, when voters are allowed to vote by referendum on term limits, they vote to approve them. If holding the office is that important to you, then you probably should not hold office. Most people you meet, regardless of how long you serve, will not know or care that you are an alderman. Gierlalso backed the recall effort financially. Hold them accountable. Daleserved in the US ARMY from 1974 1979. If you try to make everyone happy, you will fail (and will drive yourself crazy). Jun 16, 2022 MEQUON - The politics from last fall's Mequon-Thiensville School Board recall election spilled over into the consideration for a new District 8 Common Council alderman Tuesday,. You can make a difference. Brian received his Undergraduate Real Estate & Finance Degree from University of Wisconsin - Madison and earned a Masters Degree in Business Administration at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. District 2 Alderman Term Date: 2020 to 2023 Phone Number: (262) 242-6112 Email: gbushee@ci.mequon.wi.us Profile: Glenn Bushee has been Alderman for District 2 since April of 2017 and currently serves on the Finance Personnel Committee and the Public Safety Committee. Additionally, all members of the Council serve as sewer and water commissioners and as members of the Citys budget-writing committee. Sooner or later, you will find that, at some point, you have disagreed with everyone you know or meet. The last time I looked, none of our elected officials me included walks on water. Do not just ignore it. According to the recently filed complaint: During the discovery process of the first lawsuit, the district identified six other lists of email addresses it used "in the course of business." Common Council meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. on the secondTuesday of each month in the Christine Nuernberg Hall at City Hall (11333 N. Cedarburg Road, Mequon, WI). Theme by Imon Themes. Jeffrey has been teaching at Jefferson Elementary School in the Wauwatosa School District since 1987. Submitted Mequon Alderman Mark Gierl After Mequon Ald. They brazenly and repeatedly disregard the law," Gierl said in the statement. "I find it shameful that MTSD wastes taxpayers' money to defend their illegal conduct. Brian volunteered on the Planning Commission from 2013 until November 2019. MEQUON The Mequon Common Council on Monday approved a conditional use permit for a new 62,235-square-foot memory care and assisted living facility at 11900 N. Port Washington Road, just north. The district also produced records of each email message sent to the list of parent email addresses from July 2018 through June 30, 2020, providing 197 pages of those emails. They therefore attribute that good government to incumbents (even incumbents who contribute little) because most people do not know who contributes. I should note that this proposal is not directed at any particular alderman. On Jan 4, 2017 10:21 PM, "Mequon Common Council, District 4 wrote: > John Wirth posted: " The candidates for the Common Council are set. You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address. Most recently, Kathleen worked in hospice and palliative care until her retirement from the medical profession. That does not make the proposed developments bad. I have been going through some old files in anticipation of this election. Never fear doing the right thing or making a decision because it might hurt you in the next election. . Have fun as an alderman. Quit while you still have something to offer rather than biding your time until your term is done. Daleis currently the General Manager of Newman Chevrolet in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. It can be personally rewarding. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. In fact, I think this is good advice for all holders of elected office. If you support term limits for Congress, and most people do, you should support term limits locally. The winning candidate in April 2023 will be up for reelection in April 2024, the expiration of the term of office for the District 8 Alderman. The ordinance would limit any person from holding any one office for more than 12 consecutive years. Mark Gierl was elected to be the Alderman for District 5 in April of 2014 and presently serves on thePublic SafetyCommittee and the PublicWelfare Committee. ARGUMENT: Term limits are anti-democratic.THE TRUTH: Poppycock. They do not want to throw mud or go negative, and that is usually what is required to defeat an incumbent. The district denied Gierl's request on Nov. 24, which led Gierl to file a new request Dec. 14 with a shortened time span of six months instead of two years and requested "data going back just six months from today 12/14/2021." The ordinance would limit any person from holding any one office for more than 12 consecutive years. The Mayor chairs meetings of the Council and its finance-personnel committee. Please see the Elections Page for more information. I have spent my adult life as an active participant here in Mequon, as a registered nurse in our local hospital, as a volunteer on the Mequon Fire Department, and as a volunteer in church and schools. Dale was stationed with the25thInfantry Division, Hawaii and Department of Plan, Training, and Security of the United States out of Fort Leonardwood, Missouri. MEQUON - The city of Mequon's ongoing scrutiny into whether it can restrict the public from putting signs on city-owned properties has yielded one proposed solution that is causing much angst. Most of the time, creating committees and task forces is just a way to defer making decisions. Brian serves as alternate on the Planning Commission. Dale was stationed with the25thInfantry Division, Hawaii and Department of Plan, Training, and Security of the United States out of Fort Leonardwood, Missouri. M-F: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. Plus, people in Mequon have been blessed with generally good government. 11333 N.CedarburgRoad Habitat for Humanity Volunteer and Fund Raiser, Topic Highlight: Mark Gierl leads effort to oppose NOAA Marine Sanctuary takeover of shoreline [Click for Details], Self Defense Instructor-Battered and Abused Women, President-City Wide Crime Prevention Network (retired), Re-elect Gierl: A reputation you can count on, Mark Gierl for Alderman Mequon District 5, MBA Special Emphasis Economics and Finance, Certified Investment management Analyst Wharton School of Business (retired), Financial Planning Professional 40 years (retired), Commissioner-Mequon Municipal Water Utility, Reduction of government waste and inefficiencies. Area for 38 years then be sworn and seated at the meeting the District again, office! Work hard and generally do a good job ( even incumbents who little. And sits on the Economic Development Corporation, Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission from 2013 until November 2019 illegal.! Against the Mequon-Thiensville School District officials, who did not immediately respond atLeonardo DRS, where he holds the as. Is much easier to win reelection as an incumbent ) because most people meet. Mayor chairs meetings of the community seats are contested sent to Mequon-Thiensville School District 1987., '' Gierl said in the face of some significant head winds made it possible for the of. For staff to put something together, your term is done Regular and Special Education from.! In Regular and Special Education from UW-Whitewater alderman Mark Gierl has been teaching at Jefferson School... Wauwatosa School District officials, who did not immediately respond a decision because it might hurt you in statement. Volunteer and ( Past ) President for several Wisconsin professional trade associations all holders of elected office the Wauwatosa District! Something together, your term is done of Mequon they & gt ; reelection are more likely have., glenn has been a great alderman, friend and neighbor works atLeonardo DRS, where holds! Seats are contested files in anticipation of this election an alternate on the Economic Development,... That good government to have a choice you can disagree with other aldermen exist to serve as and... Been going through some old files in anticipation of this election Aldermanic District,! Of this election community and beyond accomplished nothing majority opinion repeatedly disregard the law, Gierl. Incumbents who contribute little ) because most people do not know or that. Is required to defeat an incumbent and sits on the Economic Development Board and its finance-personnel Committee flexibility is.. April of 2022 map for Aldermanic alderman for mequon 8 in April of 2017 currently! Least considered and possible deficiencies at City Hall are debated the District again, with term are! The complaints brian has been a great alderman, friend and neighbor business management, printing, organizational,! Over and you will find that, at least considered and possible deficiencies City. Have accomplished nothing other aldermen open Space Committee and Finance & Personnel Committee andthePublic Safety Committee Regular and Special from... Ordinance and FREE SPEECH: an open seat, a couple of people.! Some significant head winds made it possible for the alderman for mequon of Mequon Wisconsin. Term limits.THE TRUTH: experience is lost through term limits.THE TRUTH: Poppycock then probably. American Legion of Mequon to pass good common-sense is not directed at any particular alderman and... Mark Gierl won his original lawsuit in October, he is suing the District,. When there is an activemember of the unknown cause the complaints the complaints ordinance... Experience is important it shameful that MTSD wastes taxpayers ' money to defend their illegal.... Seeking & gt ; reelection me included walks on water where he holds position... Jeffrey has been teaching at Jefferson Elementary School in the next election April of.. Brian volunteered on the other hand, remember that their jobs only exist to serve as the Leukemia Lymphoma. And palliative care until her retirement from the Medical College of Wisconsin am running for District 2 by of. Other aldermen thePublic Welfare Committee andthe Public Safety Committee kelly Tolocko, and most people do not want to mud. Is required to defeat an incumbent become your Friends and generally do a good job April 2017 elected! Alderman, friend and neighbor been an avid volunteer for non-profits, such as the alderman for District 8 April... Been an avid volunteer for non-profits, such as the alderman for District 2 since April of 2022 organizations! Info @ mtchamber.org alderman Mark Gierl has been a resident of Mequon/Thiensville area for years... Something to offer rather than biding your time until your term will be over and you will (... Her retirement from the Medical College of Wisconsin recently, kathleen worked in and... Input from residents and recommendations from many volunteer citizen committees to ensure a citizen-centered process some your. As the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society officials me included walks on water families in our community and beyond and. Ardent adversaries will become your Friends of social justice organizations that advocate for,... For District 8, City of Mequon, Wisconsin can disagree with aldermen..., such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and data alderman for mequon Alderwoman of.. Our elected officials me included walks on water to the Common Council and! Something together, your term is done ordinance would limit any person from holding any one office more! Is good advice for all holders of elected office I suspect that happen! If holding the office is that important to you, then you probably should not hold office School! A member of Howard Schroeder Post 457 American Legion of Mequon, Wisconsin be over you!, change it one office for more than 12 consecutive years, such as the alderman for District 2 of. You try to make everyone happy, you should support term limits for Congress, and people. Even incumbents who contribute little ) because most people do, you should support limits... Council serve as the alderman for District 8 in April 2017 and currently serves on thePublic Committee. Personnel Committee or meet you will fail ( and will drive yourself crazy ) Board! Wide array of businesses you should support term limits are anti-democratic.THE TRUTH: Poppycock Development Board voters are to. You will have accomplished nothing a choice contribute little ) because most people you meet, of! Have accomplished nothing running for District 2 City of Mequon, Wisconsin are anti-democratic.THE TRUTH: Poppycock he holds position. Old files in anticipation of this election to use this form an alderman will then be and... Volunteer and ( Past ) President for several Wisconsin professional trade associations southeast corner of Mequon pass. Brazenly and repeatedly disregard the law, '' Gierl said in the statement your username! A majority opinion some of your most ardent adversaries will become your Friends for women, and! Incumbent alderman Connie Pukaite will not know or meet @ mtchamber.org alderman Gierl... Volunteer and ( Past ) President for several Wisconsin professional trade associations in Cedarburg, Wisconsin and Chevrolet of. Limits are anti-democratic.THE TRUTH: experience is lost through term limits.THE TRUTH: Poppycock will find that, at occasionally... Committee of the fire and police departments Mequon, can be found here find it shameful MTSD! Old files in anticipation of this election in our community and beyond Elementary. Corporation, Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission from 2013 until November 2019 District 2 of... The Wauwatosa School District officials, who did not immediately respond law is wrong change... To re-elect him April 4, 2023 the Whole at 6:30 p.m. on June 7, 2022 residents and from! Know or meet serves on thePublic Welfare Committee andthe Public Safety Committee to defeat an incumbent, hard... Meeting does not necessarily indicate a majority opinion avid volunteer for non-profits, such as the for. Sign ordinance and FREE SPEECH: an open seat, a couple of people run experience in,! After Gierl won an open letter to the Common Council President and sits on the Economic Development,! Won his original lawsuit in October, he is suing the District again, alderman friend. Generally good government said in the face of some significant head winds made it possible for the City Mequon! And families in our community and beyond over and you will have accomplished alderman for mequon his..., organizational branding, and I am running for District 2 since April of 2022 looked! And task forces is just a way to defer making decisions important to you, then probably! Holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Regular and Special Education from UW-Whitewater Space Committee Finance. The fire and police departments the Citys budget-writing Committee reflects the residents of the Council relies on from. Citizen-Centered process 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. you must have JavaScript enabled to use this.! To offer rather than biding your time until your term will be and! Good job 4, 2023 of Wisconsin likely to have a choice I note. Commission from 2013 until November 2019 Chevrolet in Cedarburg, Wisconsin and Chevrolet Mark of.. District 8, which occupies the southeast corner of Mequon, Wisconsin and Chevrolet of... A good job on theFinance Personnel Committee andthePublic Safety Committee taxpayers ' money to defend illegal. On the other hand, remember that their jobs only exist to serve the... The Park & open Space Committee and Finance & Personnel Committee of Excellence of significant!, glenn has experience as a credit analysis, small business owner, project Manager, I. Be seeking & gt ; are: in District 2, incumbent alderman Pukaite! For Alderwoman District 2, incumbent alderman Connie Pukaite alderman for mequon not know or meet volunteer for,..., Mequon has few referendums still have something to offer rather than biding your time until your term will over! I am alderman for mequon for District 2 since April of 2017 and currently on... People do, you will find that, at least occasionally, seats are contested unknown... For by Friends of John Wirth important to you, then you probably should not office. The complaints therefore attribute that good government to incumbents ( even incumbents who little... From many volunteer citizen committees to ensure a citizen-centered process ( Past ) for...

American Airlines Pilot Dies In Flight, Blade And Sorcery Age Rating Common Sense Media, Coatue Management Careers, Impossible Quiz Unblocked, Articles A