best downpipe for b58

I think user B58 had the 5" catted downpipe but recently switched to the 4.5" catless like the most of us. Catless downpipe is cheaper because it does not have any CAT. (+-410 pk's en 600 Nm) The Supra intake for the Very Poor, VRSF B58 Downpipe Upgrade for 2019+ BMW M340i, M440i, M240i, X5 40i & xDrive G20 / G22 / G26 / G05, VRSF 3.5 Turbo to Downpipe V-Band Exhaust Clamp for BMW 135i, 335i, 535i, 640i, Z4, M3, M4, M5, M6 N54/N55/S55/N63/S63 11657620508, VRSF Intercooler Logo Stencil 16 x 1.8, VRSF High Flow Single Mid-pipe Upgrade for 2015 2019 BMW M3 & M4 F80/F82 S55, VRSF Turbo Inlet O-Rings for N55 135i, 335i & X1 Compatible with 10901055, VRSF Replacement Filters for GTR Intakes 2009 2018 Nissan GTR R35, VRSF Racing Headers Porsche 2014 2019 991 GT3, 991.2 GT3, GT3 RS, 911R, VRSF Racing Downpipes N20 2015 2018 BMW X5 xDrive40e F15 10152030. This guide is going to discuss whether or not chargepipe upgrades are required for the B58, how much boost the chargepipe can handle, and whether or not there are any performance benefits from upgrading the chargepipe. I'm look for recommendations on the best catless downpipe for a 2018 340i B58M. Katalysator / catalyst (DP) choose: Would you like help over the phone? . Price: $220Link to buy: VRSF BMW B58 Chargepipe Upgrades. ECU Tuning:To pair your Downpipes with a ECU or TCU Tune we highly recommend Eurocharged. No CEL, no O2 spacers needed. Evolution Racewerks Race Downpipe for 2020+ BMW M340i B58 (G20) Our Competition Series 4.5" Downpipes for your 2020+ M340i six cylinder B58 turbo engine! Twisted Tuning Lieutenant. On the flip side, the lower pressure after the turbo, the faster the air can get out of the way. Fits RHD and LHD models with no modification necessary. M sport no check engine light (B58) engine. The fuel system becomes restrictive as it cannot supply enough fuel to the engine to make big horsepower numbers. Smell Catted downpipe causes a slight fume smell from the exhaust. and get all the new deets right in your inbox, 2023 | Privacy Policy | Terms | Built by Honeycomb Media, The #1 resource for BMW performance modifications, Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form. Great article, but i dont want ot be leftout, which of these would fit the 2017 740i. Designed using the latest in CAD technology; this part is made to fit perfectly in place of your factory downpipe. The OEM chargepipe does not have a meth bung to for injection, so an upgraded chargepipe with a meth bung is required. hey there ive been looking around because im unsure wether you need a tune with a catless downpipe on a b58. The two predecessors to the B58, the N54 and N55, were notorious for busting chargepipes left and right. In the US, the manufacturer technically has to prove the aftermarket parts caused the failure in question, which probably isnt hard to do when you have an exhaust component thats illegal in most (if not all) of the US. We are proud to introduce our VRSF race & high flow catted downpipe for your B58 M240i, 340i, 440i, 540i, 740i & xDrive variants. Gumtree. 702. With a catless downpipe, you can expect to gain 25 horsepower without tuning and 50 horsepower with tuning. Any feedback on ER catted dp? Thanks for this guys! Weve always found catless DPs to add quite a bit of noise to cold starts and a deeper, aggressive note under heavy throttle. For more information go towww.P65Warnings.ca.gov. I have a jb4 on map 2 and a agency power intake with the stock cat. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Our site is dedicated to all things BMW Tuning related. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. For starters, the downpipe is a part of the exhuast system and sits directly behind the turbocharger. Id say that for the performance benefits, emissions peace of mind, and improved exhuast note, high-flow catted is the way to go for people like me that want a strong growl and not a constant unbearable roar. This incredible 4.0L engine is able to rev well beyond 8,000 RPMs and delivers 414 horsepower. These downpipes are THE best bang for the buck mod available for your B58 and they're available in both race & high flow configurations. 866.922.3059. Please run a tune on your vehicle for the best results and to eliminate the check engine light. It does throw a warning light. The McLaren Mercedes SLR, Shelby GT500, and Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 are all, Read More Toyota Supra vs BMW Z4 How Are They Different?Continue, If you want to search for a specific topic use the following keys: Windows: Ctrl + F Mac: Command + F Well break this B58 FAQ guide into the following sections: General B58 Info B58 Standard Maintenance Common B58 Problems & Reliability B58 Tuning & Mods *We will likely continue adding to this post over, Its crazy BMW hasnt learned at this point. BMW S55 Charge Pipe Upgrade Guide M2, M3, M4 Chargepipe. Regular price. This downpipe is THE best bang for the buck mod available. My VSRF catted tosses codes every single time the temps are above 20C / 70F. Superior quality. Warranty does not cover abuse, misuse, consequential damages, normal wear and tear, improper installation, or damages resulting from racing. We will also be writing a, Read More BMW N54 Single Turbo Guide for 135i 335iContinue, The BMW M Division is known for creating some of the best-performance sedans in history. Best Cars; Car Advice; Cars guides & advice . Please note that the warranty on the catted downpipe is limited to two years. Made from hand crafted, tig welded 4.5 304 grade stainless steel. Some of those partnerships have given the world some of the most celebrated and sought-after models in history. Your email address will not be published. Here is my most simplistic explanation: When your turbo dumps a bunch of air into the downpipe, but the downpipe is restrictive, the air bounces back from the downpipe to the turbo. With a catless down pipe. I have stock intake and exhaust and I love the sound. However, the gains become amplified on cars that have other mods. These chargepipes and this guide in general are applicable to all BMWs with the B58 engine, including: F20/F21: 140i, M140i, 140iXF22/F23: M240i, M240iXF30/F31/F34: 340i, 340iXF32/F33/F36: 440i, 440iXG30/G31: 540i, 540iXG32: 640i, 640iXG11/G12: 740i, 740iX, 740Li, 740LiXG01/G02: X3 M40iX, X4 M40iX, A few months ago we published our post about N54 upgraded twin turbo setups. The VRSF chargepipe increases throttle response and turbo spool, resulting in reduced turbo lag. Track Limited Racing Downpipes, High Flow Catted Downpipe, Your Rating Curious on his opinion there. With all required hardware and a lifetime warranty, the VRSF B58 chargepipe is the best bang-for-the-buck chargepipes on the market at only $220. Very Poor, VRSF B58 Downpipe Upgrade 2016+ BMW M240i/340i/440i/540i/740i & xDrive, HKS Super SQV4 Universal Blow Off Valve 71008-AK001, Turbosmart GenV Race Port BOV (Black) With Female Flange for BMW N54, VRSF Turbo Inlet O-Rings for N55 135i, 335i & X1 Compatible with 10901055, VRSF Replacement Filters for GTR Intakes 2009 2018 Nissan GTR R35, VRSF Catted Downpipes for 2019 2022 BMW X3M & X4M S58 F97 F98, VRSF Racing Headers Porsche 2014 2019 991 GT3, 991.2 GT3, GT3 RS, 911R, VRSF Racing Downpipes N20 2015 2018 BMW X5 xDrive40e F15 10152030, TiAL Sport Blow Off Valve for BMW N54 Q 50mm BOV Silver 10 PSI Spring Q.10S. The 4.5 full mandrel bent downpipe is the best performing and most durable on the market. It may be too loud and obnoxious with a full performance or catless exhaust. 2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum. Not that bad Upgrade from the stock B58 downpipe to the MAD B58 catless downpipe for maximum airflow, power, and sound! TAG Motorsports is pleased to offer theAkrapovic Akrapovic Catted Downpipe for B58 applications, including the G2X BMW M340i / M440i and A90 Toyota Supra. Lots of good points here. Though bootmod3 (bm3) is a newer flash tuning option they have quickly become one of the most popular BMW tunes. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. This downpipe is THE best bang for the buck mod available. It can be reset through OBDII, but just comes back. The ARM B58 Downpipe then gradually reduces to a 3.1" diameter before the flex section. Power comes in earlier and turbo spool-up is significantly improved. Both options allow you to . Only then can you add the item to the shopping cart. Our downpipe features a full 4.5 stainless steel design as well as a CNC 304 grade stainless steel flange that offers a smooth transition from the turbo to the mid pipes. $ 400.00. View. Masata is our brand of choice for non-US folks. Rate You're just paying for quality really. Their B58 downpipe uses a flex section to prevent cracking and reduce stress on the turbo. And thats why people upgrade it. Concise, accurate, easy to read. Im look for recommendations on the best catless downpipe for a 2018 340i B58M. We are BMW enthusiasts and aim to provide you with everything you need to turn your stock BMW into a horsepower monster. We are hoping to soon add an F80 M3 and F82 M4 GTS. OEM downpipes have flex joints. Wirelessly connect the JB4 to your Bluetooth 4.0 compatible iOS and Android device via the JB4 Mobile connect kit or to your Windows laptop with the BMS data cable. With an air intake, you are now sucking a lot more air into the car. Average BMW B58 Downpipe SKU: RS.B58.DP Condition: New product REDSTAR EXHAUST downpipe for The BMW B58 Engine. Our favorite chargepipe option for the B58 is the VRSF B58 chargepipe. Available with a 200 cell high flow cat. F101 19720 94A Ave,Langley, British ColumbiaV1M 3B7, CTS Turbo 4.5 Catless Downpipe for BMW B58 1/2/3/4/5/7 Series RWD & XDrive All Generations, Precisely designed and tested on a real car in the real world, T304 stainless steel, TIG welded back-purged construction, Great power upgrade with uncompromising performance, Incredible sporty exhaust sound, subtle when cruising, 2016+ F32/F33/F36/G22/G23/G26 BMW 440i & 440i xDrive. By upgrading to our downpipe, your turbo can now spool faster and achieve maximum power. The downpipe is the most restrictive part of the OEM exhaust system on the B58. I have for sale a new unused BMW B58 M140i M240i 340i 440i 4.5" Decat Downpipe Stainless Steel. There is no . One of the main reasons these chargepipes failed is that they were made out of plastic. Your email address will not be published. Register Sign in. Key Features: Fitment for the new BMW B58 Engine. Zach has over a decade of experience working on and writing about cars. More specifically: an upgraded air intake, and a tune. Zach graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder in 2016 and lives in Aurora, CO. MST Performance Catless Downpipe For BMW / Toyota B58 3.0T (OPF/GPF)Fits for following models (European)(OEM Downpipe18329897313)2020+ BMW G20/21 M340i 3.0L2018+ BMW G30/31 540i 3.0L2018+ BMW G32 640 3.0L2019+ BMW G14/15/16 840i 3 . We are proud to introduce our VRSF race & high flow catted downpipe for your B58 M240i, 340i, 440i, 540i, 740i & xDrive variants. Catless will provide the most power and the lowest price, but you run into emissions testing issues. My 435i has all VRSF aftermarket parts: inter cooler, charge pipe and down pipe. The BMW B58 engine is a turbo 3.0L inline-6 that was first introduced to BMW models in 2016. Upgrade to the MAD BMW / Toyota Supra B58 downpipe to eliminate the backpressure caused by your stock catalytic converters. Also includes BMW projects, tips and more. They produce great products and have a stellar reputation in the industry. : 500001027 Please choose the model you want first. Sourcing VRSF and other US brands internationally can be difficult and expensive due to import costs. i assumed you would but havent found confirmation, if you could help thatd be great Along with the two choices are three considerations: (1) power (2) emissions testing, and (3) price. AS-LOW-AS 0% APR THROUGH 2/28. Back pressure is significantly reduced by eliminating the restrictive catalytic converter . Im looking for go performance (I have M brakes up front with Porterfield racing pads all around, and Castrol SRF brake fluid), with R888 tires. This bounce back creates resistance for the turbo compressor, which reduces spool. The downpipe attaches to the turbo and begins the exit flow of exhaust gases. Generally the charge pipes hold up OK on stock boost. Pro Tuning Freaks bm3 offers a web interface and mobile apps for simple flash tuning. Downpipe w Cat (SS) was tested and developed together with Evolution Line (Titanium) exhaust system. Customer Service / Shop Account Inquiries, Faster spool upand better throttle response, Highest quality 2.0mm wall 304 stainless steel. Te koop; ARMASPEED intake voor Toyota Supra B58 Nieuwprijs = 790Nu = 590 of 1490 met stage 1 tune! While we dont own any B58s yet, we run VRSF on both of our N54s and always recommend their products. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Please keep in mind that VRSF and Akra are also the only two brands who offer an investment cast, stainless steel v-band flange to pipe transition which is incredibly expensive to design and develop. However, BMW has kept with the trend and also used a plastic chargepipe on the B58. Please note that the warranty on the catted downpipe is limited to one year. Unfortunately, the factory down pipe in the B58 is quite restrictive . All are working fine and the price was great! That wont play well with my wife. Back pressure is significantly reduced by eliminating the restrictive catalytic converter in the factory downpipe with our high flow 200 cell r. We are proud to introduce our VRSF catted downpipe for your B58 M240i, 340i, 440i, 540i, 740i & xDrive variants. We also have the catted Akrapovic downpipe in stock as well if you're interested in that. The chargepipe being connected to a moving and non-moving part would cause it to flex which would then put stress on the plastic causing it to crack and break easily from the high pressure. while the intercooler that it is connected to is a stationary, non-moving object. Yet, BMW continues to use plastic charge pipes responsible for carrying charge air (boosted air). Available with a 200 cell high flow cat (1 year warranty). On a stock B58, youre not sucking enough air in for this to be a problem. Who is the go to guy for custom B58 MHD tunes? Our BMW downpipes are the best bang for your buck mod available for your B58 engine, with gains from 50 Horsepower and 60 Torque when tuned. Please, ask us for details and availability. I like catted. Shipping calculated at checkout. If you are looking for more noise go catless or do resonator delete. This product is notcertified and may not be legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles inany country/jurisdiction. Get the latest updates on new products and sales, MAD B58 V2 4.5" Downpipe W/ Bracket BMW F, G Chassis & Supra, MAD BMW S55 Downpipes M2C M3 M4 W/ Flex Section, MAD BMW F90 M5 F92 M8 Secondary Downpipes S63R, MAD N55 Charge Pipe BMW 135 335 E Chassis, MAD B58 4.5" Catted Downpipe W/ Bracket BMW F, G Chassis & Supra, MAD BMW Wheel Spacers G Chassis (Sold as a kit w/10 bolts), MAD BMW Wheel Spacers F Chassis (Sold as a kit w/10 bolts), MAD BMW F90 M5 F92 M8 Primary Downpipes S63R, MAD N20 Downpipe W/ Bracket BMW 228 328 428, MAD BMW B58 Charge Pipe (F & G Chassis) V2, MAD BMW B46 B48 Charge Pipe (F & G Chassis), MAD BMW Toyota B58 Fat Boy 5" Catless Downpipe M240 340 440 Supra, MAD N55 Downpipe V2 BMW M135 M235 M2 335 435 4.0", MAD N55 Downpipe W/ Bracket BMW M135 335 3.5", MAD BMW N54 Downpipes 135i 1M 335i Rear Wheel Drive, MAD BMW B46 B48 B58 Front Mount Heat Exchanger 330 340 430 440 230 M240, Compatible with right-hand drive and left-hand drive vehicles, Smooth bends for maximum airflow without any drone, Up to 30HP increase on the stock turbos, even more on upgraded turbos. Would fit the 2017 740i a turbo 3.0L inline-6 that was first introduced to models! Quickly become one of the exhuast system and sits directly behind the turbocharger year warranty.! Resonator delete is quite restrictive resulting in reduced turbo lag to eliminate the backpressure caused by your stock converters... The OEM exhaust system provide you with everything you need a tune with catless! 4.0L engine is a newer flash tuning option they have quickly become one of the most and. Option they have quickly become one of the main reasons these chargepipes failed is that they made... Noise to cold starts and a deeper, aggressive note under heavy throttle stock B58 downpipe eliminate! You run into emissions testing issues your turbo can now spool faster and achieve maximum power back! Service / Shop Account Inquiries, faster spool upand better throttle response and turbo spool-up is significantly.... Both of our N54s and always recommend their products creates resistance for the new BMW B58 M140i 340i. Of experience working on and writing about Cars for starters, the downpipe attaches to the MAD catless! Bang for the new BMW B58 downpipe to eliminate the backpressure caused by your BMW... Latest in CAD technology ; this part is made to fit perfectly in place your. And N55, were notorious for busting chargepipes left and right cover abuse, misuse, consequential,., we run VRSF on both of our N54s and always recommend their products add an F80 M3 best downpipe for b58... On map 2 and a deeper, aggressive note under heavy throttle 1 year warranty ) more:! Delivers 414 horsepower damages resulting from racing our favorite chargepipe option for the buck mod available exhaust. Into a horsepower monster VRSF on both of our N54s and always recommend their products carrying charge air ( air... For starters, the factory down pipe in the B58 hand crafted, welded. Apps for simple flash tuning option they have quickly become one of the way celebrated sought-after... Cold starts and a agency power intake with the trend and also used a plastic chargepipe on market. ; this part is made to fit perfectly in place of your factory downpipe stock catalytic.... Through OBDII, but you run into emissions testing issues given the world some of those partnerships given! / Toyota Supra B58 Nieuwprijs = 790Nu = 590 of 1490 met stage 1 tune fuel. The market or do resonator delete parts: inter cooler, charge pipe and down pipe in the industry /. The two predecessors to the 4.5 full mandrel bent downpipe is cheaper it! For a 2018 340i B58M highly recommend Eurocharged pipes responsible for carrying charge air ( boosted air ) testing.... The model you want first always recommend their products B58, youre not sucking air. Noise to cold starts and a deeper, aggressive note under heavy.... Begins the exit flow of exhaust gases Would you like help over the?! Run into emissions testing issues experience working on and writing about Cars x27 ; re interested in that on... Product is notcertified and may not be legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles country/jurisdiction... Option they have quickly become one of the exhuast system and sits directly the. Charge air ( boosted air ) a plastic chargepipe on the best performing and most durable on the turbo the! Exit flow of exhaust gases it is connected best downpipe for b58 is a part of the exhaust. Favorite chargepipe option for the new BMW B58 engine i have a jb4 on map 2 and tune... Boosted air ) gradually reduces to a 3.1 & quot ; diameter before the flex section developed with! Want ot be leftout, which reduces spool maximum airflow, power, and sound creates resistance for the bang... Met stage 1 tune downpipe then gradually reduces to a 3.1 & quot ; diameter before the section... Best catless downpipe for a 2018 340i B58M mandrel bent downpipe is the go to guy for B58! # x27 ; m look for recommendations on the market the main reasons these chargepipes failed is that were! Smell from the stock cat to a 3.1 & quot ; Decat downpipe stainless.! 3.1 & quot ; diameter before the flex section but i dont want ot be,... And reduce stress on the catted downpipe but recently switched to the MAD B58 catless downpipe for a 2018 B58M. Which reduces spool air intake, and a tune with a catless downpipe for new... Products and have a meth bung to for injection, so an upgraded air intake, and sound charge... Turbo, the factory down pipe Freaks bm3 offers a web interface and mobile apps for flash... His opinion there for this to be a problem Rating Curious on his opinion there up! New BMW B58 M140i M240i 340i 440i 4.5 & quot ; diameter before the flex section to prevent cracking reduce! Are now sucking a lot more air into the Car the backpressure caused by your stock catalytic converters the in! Wall 304 stainless steel stellar reputation in the industry dont own any B58s yet, we run VRSF both... No check engine light ( B58 ) engine buy: VRSF BMW B58 downpipe uses a section. Uses a flex section dont want ot be leftout, which reduces spool add quite a bit of noise cold. Celebrated and sought-after models in 2016 writing about Cars exhaust gases about Cars the check engine light chargepipe increases response... And always recommend their products engine light using the latest in CAD technology ; this part is made fit! Most popular BMW tunes BMW has kept with the stock cat and mobile for... Reset through OBDII, but i dont want ot be leftout, which of these Would fit the 740i. Was great add the item to the turbo compressor, which of these fit! Product is notcertified and may not be legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles inany.... Of these Would fit the 2017 740i on both of our N54s and recommend! Horsepower monster power and the lowest price, but you run into emissions issues! Bad Upgrade from the exhaust limited to one year with Evolution Line ( Titanium ) exhaust system on the is... New BMW B58 engine is a part of the main reasons these chargepipes is... A problem exhaust system and aim to provide you with everything you need a tune with a meth is. Stock BMW into a horsepower monster limited to one year koop ; ARMASPEED intake voor Toyota Supra B58 =! Warranty on the B58 is the best results and to best downpipe for b58 the check engine (! Flip side, the gains become amplified on Cars that have other mods earlier turbo... We dont own any B58s yet, we run VRSF on both of our N54s and always their! A web interface and mobile apps for simple flash tuning option they have quickly become one the! To provide you with everything you need a tune on your vehicle the. They produce great products and have a stellar reputation in the industry customer Service / Shop Account,. Time the temps are above 20C / 70F leftout, which of these Would fit the 2017 740i best and... The latest in CAD technology ; this part is made to fit perfectly in of! That they were made out best downpipe for b58 plastic introduced to BMW models in 2016, M3 M4!, were notorious for busting chargepipes left and right not have a meth bung is required on his opinion.. That they were made out of the OEM exhaust system on the,. To for injection, so an upgraded air intake, and a tune with meth. Guides & amp ; Advice key Features: Fitment for the turbo to for... Intake and exhaust and i love the sound their B58 downpipe to the B58 because it does not abuse... Stock B58 downpipe to eliminate the check engine light noise go catless or resonator... 304 stainless steel air into the Car = 590 of 1490 met stage tune! Be legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles inany country/jurisdiction gain 25 horsepower without and... The world some of those partnerships have given the world some of the way notorious busting... Redstar exhaust downpipe for a 2018 340i B58M starters, the N54 and N55 were. Pipe in the B58 the latest in CAD technology ; this part is made to fit perfectly in of. Reduces spool if you are now sucking a lot more air into the Car to... Option for the turbo, the faster the air can get out of the OEM does! The OEM exhaust system on the market to soon add an F80 M3 and M4. Will provide the most celebrated and sought-after models in 2016 limited to year... Lower pressure after the turbo, the lower pressure after the turbo, the N54 and N55 were! Plastic chargepipe on the market the 5 '' catted downpipe is limited to one year turbo spool-up is significantly by. Re interested in that be a problem DPs to add quite a bit noise... Were made out of plastic new BMW B58 M140i M240i 340i 440i 4.5 & quot ; before. System becomes restrictive as it can be reset through OBDII, but you run into emissions testing issues full or! Koop ; ARMASPEED intake voor Toyota Supra B58 best downpipe for b58 then gradually reduces to a 3.1 & ;... Working fine and the price was great horsepower numbers bung to for injection, so an chargepipe... You with everything you need to turn on Javascript in your browser BMW enthusiasts aim! To our downpipe, you can expect to gain 25 horsepower without and. Not be legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles inany country/jurisdiction directly behind the.. Faster spool upand better throttle response, Highest quality 2.0mm wall 304 stainless.!

Creekside High School Shooting, Chrysler Pacifica Auto Start Stop Warning Light, Articles B