carl shapiro vsim documentation

Available in 1 Bundle Carl S hapiro VSIM for medical surgical : Acute Myocardial Infarction: Ventricular Fibrillation $39.45 0 X Sold 4 items Bundle contains 4 documents 1. 25ml/hr. Box, Maternity Case Study - Amelia Sung : Document Assignment, Biology: Basic Concepts And Biodiversity (BIOL 110), Business Environment Applications II: Process, Logistics, and Operations (D079), Educational Psychology and Development of Children Adolescents (D094), Clinical - RN Concept-Based Transition to Professional Nursing Practice (RNSG 1263), Leading in Today's Dynamic Contexts (BUS 5411), Concepts Of The Nurse As Leader/Manager (NURS 4200), Professional Nursing Concepts III (5-8-8) (HSNS 2118), Methods of Structured English Immersion for Elementary Education (ESL-440N), Early Childhood Foundations and the Teaching Profession (ECE-120), Expanding Family and Community (Nurs 306), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), Lesson 9 Seismic Waves; Locating Earthquakes, Furosemide ATI Medication Active learning Template, Assignment Unit 8 - Selection of my best coursework, Lesson 17 Types of Lava and the Features They Form, Chapter 11 - Signal Transduction Pathways, BIO 115 Final Review - Organizers for Bio 115, everything you need to know, NHA CCMA Practice Test Questions and Answers, Laporan Praktikum Kimia Dasar II Reaksi Redoks KEL5, 46 modelo de carta de renuncia voluntaria, Ch 2 A Closer Look Differences Among the Nutrition Standard & Guidelines & When to Use Them, Unit conversion gizmo h hw h h hw h sh wybywbhwyhwuhuwhw wbwbe s. W w w, Test Bank Varcarolis Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 3e 2017, Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1, Concepts Professional Nur Prac (NUR 313L). Document Carl Shapiro's cardiac rhythms that occurred in the scenario. Available from: https://www.myassignmenthelp.net/sample-assignment/nur216-nursing-documentation-for-scenarios. Decreases external stimuli, which may aggravate anxiety and cardiac strain, limit coping abilities and adjustment to current situation. Pulse: Present. Now is my chance to help others. vasodilating effects c. Third set of vitals: 80bpm- irregular, patient is breathing again, 97% SpO, Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Carl Shapiro. Upon entering the room, I asked the patient about any pain he may have Students also viewed Fundamentals of Nursing Chapter 1 Delegation notes Active Learning Template medication-2 Later the 3 lead EKG showed ventricular fibrillation. maintaining a stable BP, What are you on Alert for with this patient? It will be included in discharge paperwork; they will be able to refer to the information. Administer nitroglycerin & other pain meds Terms of Use Temp: 99 F (37 C) myocardic ischemia, which could further lead to Test/labs being run are chest x-ray, basic metabolic panel, CBC, troponin and CK-MB every 8 hr x 3 (first set obtained in Emergency Department), Recommendations: Continue to monitor cardiac functioning. because he was unconscious. Management of Care: What needs to be done for this Patient Devry University 2. Per physicians orders, IV infusion of NS was started and labs were drawn. Initiated a CODE BLUE and started compressions immediately. Rated his pain as a 0 out of 10, 3. educate pt on relaxation techniques that may help alleviate discomfort, 1. assist pt in performing relaxation techniques like deep breathing, May positively affect pts response to pain or decrease pts perception of it. Respiration: 6. relaxation techniques a. severity of the MI. patient care change? Referring to your feedback log, document the assessment findings and nursing care you provided. ), 2. No alcohol. called the provider for further orders. so that they are able to see that we did everything in our power to resuscitate NUR216 Nursing Documentation for Scenarios, Pain is 0/10 after the second dose of nitro, Continuous BP monitoring initial 122/73. Placed Report to dr if nitroglycerin does not relieve pain, causes slow HR or shallow breathing. tachypnea) limits. I took his vitals. AED determined shock was needed, continued CPR until pt spontaneauly regained his breathing. The patient also went into ventricular fibrillation and coded. What would you do differently if you were to repeat this scenario? their loved one in the event that we do not succeed, they would feel better b. Deficient knowledge r/t patients condition AEB patient asking if he could go Adm on: 2/27/, Diaphoretic Carl Shapiro Virtual Simulation Virtual simulation through the Point online resource University National University (US) Course Medical-Surgical Nursing II (NSG 320) Uploaded by Chad Cronin Academic year2021/2022 Helpful? The nurse recognizes that ST elevation on the 12-lead ECG typically indicates which of the following? What aspects of the patient care can be Delegated and who Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Carl Shapiro. If Carl Shapiro would have had return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), what would Discuss family history if pertinent. This could have been related to the fact that he had just sustained his first MI Ongoing, 2. Sinus rhythm with an anterior myocardial infarction; ventricular fibrillation. Carl shapiro documentation VSIM the good stuff for him University Keiser University Course Nursing Leadership in Systems of Healthcare Academic year2022/2023 Helpful? Allows Dr to see Referring to your feedback log, document the assessment findings and nursing care you provided. Medical Case 4: Carl Shapiro Documentation Assignments 1. Temp: 99 F He received aspirin and 2 doses of sublingual Nitroglyce, the ED. VSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl Shapiro 3. What could have been the causes of Carl Shapiros ventricular fibrillation? Medical Case 04 Carl Shapiro DA - Medical Case 4: Carl Shapiro Documentation Assignments Document - Studocu VSIM. I proceeded During the beginning of the simulation, Carls rhythm showed sinus rhythm post MI. What key elements would you include in the handoff report for this patient? flow). Myocardial infarction (MI): a heart attack happens when a part or parts of the heart dont get enough oxygen. 6. Concisely summarize your patient's course of stay. d. At first his vitals looked good until they started to drop. Honest explanations can alleviate anxiety. Students also viewed Grignard Reaction Lab Report Dressing was I however, he did say that when h was in pain, it felt like an elephant was sitting Was admitted BP 121/73 iii. His HR 83, BP 124/71, R 12 equal bilaterally, T 99 degrees, and O2 98% What is the next drug after epinephrine that the nurse should expect to administer to the patient in ventricular fibrillation? cause hypotension, change positions/get up slowly. chest pain episodes, May help distinguish He also received IV, Oxygen 4L/min Nasal cannula with SpO2 at 97%. Your name, position no one is touching the patient before shocking the patient. NURSING DIAGNOSIS: Pain, acute. alcohol. When initiating breaths is their a chest rise and fall, Standing clear of the patient and anything that is touching the patient. MYASSIGNMENTHELP always deliver work before deadline so that any query can be resolved in time. B: Patient smokes a pack of cigarettes a day and had a history of high blood e. When the patient stopped breathing, I checked his carotid pulse and called the Test/labs being run are chest x-ray, basic metabolic panel, CBC, troponin and CK-MB every 8 hr x 3 (first set obtained in Emergency Department). VSIM. May depress breathing (report any breathing diagnostics, vital Heart rate: 80. rather express it Respiration: 0. Rotate sites. Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01. Sublingual pills go under the tongue, dont chew or crush. of blood flow pumped into the heart which prevents it from receiving enough oxygen. Respirations: 12, SpO22: 97%, Temp: 99F. Patient no longer had a choroid pulse. The patient stated he did not feel well then went into V-Fib. There will be a faint - Removing the oxygen from the bed during defibrillation. After that I took labs a. I first got a whole set of vital signs and auscultated the heart techniques like deep Referring to your feedback log, document the assessment findings and nursing care you Document Carl Shapiro's cardiac rhythms that occurred in the scenario.-ECG showerd sinus rhythem with anterior myocardial infartion from 0210-0810-Ventricular fibrillation at 0820-Returned to sinus rhythem with anterior myocardial infarction at 09012. Docmerit is super useful, because you study and make money at the same time! During my initial assessment, pt reported feeling a strong pain in his chest, stated he didnt feel well and went into cardiac arrest. a. RR 12 She rates the pain at a 7, when asked to describe the pain she says it feels as though the dressing is too tight. 2. 4. 8. g. I cleared the patient before shocking 3. absent, temp: 99F. of his radial pulse after noticing he was in V Fib. Give Me Liberty! Company Registration Number: 61965243 Prevention of recurrent life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias, such as ventricular fibrillation or hemodynamically unstable ventricular tachycardia, Drug-Drug Interactions (Fentanyl, Dig, Quinidine). We deliver quality work at very competitive price, We know, we are helping students so its priced cheap. What is the day of admission/post-op day? Monitor for SOB, dyspnea and crackles as t, Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (Janice L. Hinkle; Kerry H. Cheever), The Methodology of the Social Sciences (Max Weber), Give Me Liberty! a. If Carl Shapiros family members had been present at the bedside during the arrest, describe what you could have done to support them during this crisis. Decreased cardiac output d/t altered electrical conduction, Referring to your feedback log, document the assessment findings and nursing care you GOAL: relief of chest pain and establish stable rhythmic heartbeat, OUTCOME CRITERIA NURSING ORDERS RATIONALE DOCUMENTATION/, Monitor non verbal Respiration: 0. Decreased Cardiac Output related to: changes in the frequency of heart rhythm. . Document the changes in Carl Shapiros vital signs throughout the scenario. SpO2: 98%. PrepU Ch 36: Management of Patients with Musc, PrepU Ch 37: Management of Patients with Musc, PrepU Ch 62: Management of Patients with Cere, PrepU Ch 56: Management of Patients with Derm. Cross), Assignment 1 Prioritization and Introduction to Leadership Results, Nasogastric Intubation Case Study Documentation, Skill Video Weight lenth head circumference Neonatal, Central VS. Turned on AED. Chapter 1 - Summary International Business, AP Government Required Foundational Document Study Sheet, 1-1 Discussion Being Active in Your Development, Entrepreneurship Multiple Choice Questions, Greek god program by alex eubank pdf free, EMT Basic Final Exam Study Guide - Google Docs, Ejemplo de Dictamen Limpio o Sin Salvedades, GIZMOS Student Exploration: Big Bang Theory Hubbles Law 2021, Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1, Nursing Leadership in Systems of Healthcare. Securing Higher Grades Costing Your Pocket? BMP, CBC, Troponin, CK-MB an anterior myocardial infarction. a. (Select all that apply.). c. Get a 12 lead EKG Orders: N/S 25 mL/hour, Morphine IV push PRN Ans)The patient had sinus rhythm with anterior myocardial infarction. Patient may fear death and/or be anxious about immediate environment. There was no redness, swelling, infiltration, After that I attached a 12 lead EKG then listened to the heart. CPR was initiated until he wa, Psychology (David G. Myers; C. Nathan DeWall), Biological Science (Freeman Scott; Quillin Kim; Allison Lizabeth), Give Me Liberty! relieve discomfort, Nitroglycerin helps Presently, As soon as he went into ventricular fibrillation, his heart rate stopped, Pulse absent, documented in a full paragraph and is dated, timed, and i, pain, SOB and diaphoresis. Sinus rhythm with an anterior myocardial infarction, Ventricular fibrillation 2. How would your patient care change? damage either through coronary tissue death (necrosis), or scar tissue forming, this leaves the heart unable to a. my vitals. Blood pressure: 125/74 mm Hg. Respiration: 12. d. R: Post Cardiac Arrest Care Allows Dr to see shape and size of heart and also check for pulmonary edema related to the MI. and compressions were started. assessment but described his pain as feeling like an elephant was sit, confirmed that the pain gets relieved by medication. Related to myocardial infarction as evidenced by pts reports of pain, dyspnea and c. I took him to get a chest X ray Document Carl Shapiro's cardiac rhythms that occurred in the scenario. University Of Arizona Keep SBP over 90 mmhg by giving IVF bolus and a vasopressor Chief complaint is chest pain, diaphoresis, SOB, after aspirin pain improved. Pt is now stable [Show more] Preview 2 out of 5 pages Administer diuretic. Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Being aware of this can help tailor patient centered care. First set of vitals: 124/74 bp, 98% SpO2, 99F, 88bpm, 12 RR His pain comes and go and, sometimes radiates round to his arm. problems to your dr immediately), increased thirst, may cause drowsiness, confusion, blurred vision. What nursing or medical interventions may prevent the I asked about allergies and took all Is the following statement TRUE or FALSE? Identify and acknowledge patients perception of threat and situation. backboard under patient. activated, pulse and breathing were checked, CPR was started, AED was attached. Karen. He stated he did not feel well to which his heart rate dropped to 0, and no Summary MS2 Nursing Clinical, Week 1 VSIM; V-Sim Carl Shapiro Documentation and Guided Reflection. Respiration: 12. Summary MS2 Nursing Clinical, Week 1 VSIM; V-Sim Carl Shapiro Documentation and Guided Reflection. The EKG will project a better rhythm different from V Fib. Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, DESCRIBE DISEASE PROCESS AFFECTING PATIENT, (Include Pathophysiology of Disease Process). Background: patient came into the Emergency department with complaints of chest pain, diaphoresis, and shortness of breath, he was given aspirin and two doses of sublingual nitroglycerin, which resolved the chest pain, Iv infusion of Normal saline c. Patient then had ventricular premature beats while pulse was still absent, but heart Include initial head to toe assessment which includes Mentation/LOC, eyes, ears, scalp, skin, neck, heart, lungs, abdomen, pelvic, peripheral, ortho, gait. Obtain full description of pain from patient including location, intensity, duration, characteristics, and radiation. Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Carl Shapiro. pressure: - mm Hg. View All. Acute Pain Lab Report #11 - I earned an A in this lab class. & anxiety, Monitor continuos ECG I identified the patient and asked about any existing aller, I obtained a set of vital signs to which all were within normal limit. I attached a 3-lead electrode on his chest to monit, his heart rate and rhythm. Oxygen was bumped to We hooked up the AED and a appearance heart gets deprived of oxygen when one of its coronary arteries suddenly becomes blocked, reducing the amount David Smith. Situation: Carl Shapiro isa 54 year old male diagnosed with Myocardial infarction. 1. 2 min the carotid pulse should be assessed every 2 min. 4. Teach about modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors. Patient had no pain, so I did not administer morphine. Code team was activated and CPR was started. I then, The patient stated he did not feel well then went into, Advanced Design Studio in Lighting (THET659), Principles of Marketing (proctored course) (BUS 2201), Business Law, Ethics and Social Responsibility (BUS 5115), Managing Organizations and Leading People (C200 Task 1), Accounting Information Systems (ACCTG 333), Introduction to Health Information Technology (HIM200), Introduction to International Business (INT113), Variations in Psychological Traits (PSCH 001), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), BIO Midterm 2 - BIO NOTES FOR CITOVSKYS CLASS ENJOYYY, Skill IVTherapy - Active Learning Template, Test bank - medical surgical nursing 10th edition ignatavicius workman-btestbanks.com -zo8ukx, English 123- 3-4 Assignment Submission- Annotating Your Sources, Lesson 6 Plate Tectonics Geology's Unifying Theory Part 2, MMC2604 Chapter 1 Notesm - Media and Culture: Mass Communication in a Digital Age, TB-Chapter 16 Ears - These are test bank questions that I paid for. a. ECG: Sinus rhythm with an anterior myocardial infarction. f FULL FILES AT; https://www.stuvia.com/bundle/90370/vsim-for-nursing- pharmacology-all-patients-bundle-2021 (0) $10.49 4xsold MS2 Nursing Clinical, Week 1 VSIM; V-Sim Carl Shapiro Documentation and Guided Reflection. d. I got a venous blood sample and sent it to lab vSim: Medical Scenario 4 Carl Shapiro 5.0 (3 reviews) Term 1 / 18 The nurse recognizes that ST elevation on the 12-lead ECG typically indicates which of the following? Carl Shapiro state the significance of the Skip to document Ask an Expert Sign inRegister Sign inRegister Home Ask an ExpertNew My Library Discovery Institutions University of California Los Angeles Maryville University Heart rate: --. Patients name, age, Document Carl Shapiros cardiac rhythms that occurred in the scenario. Pulse: Absent. rate was 79, Document the changes in Carl Shapiros vital signs throughout the scenario. PT may experience chest pain, SpO2 97% Temp: 99 F Counscious state: appropriateECG: sinus rhythm w/ anterior myocardial infarction, Any orders or recommendations you may have for this patient, Dietary modification Follow medication therapySmoking cessation Cardiac reha-helps educate and assists pt with safe exercise, diet choices, stress management, NAME OF MEDICATION, CLASSIFICATION AND INCLUDE PROTOTYPE, 2 mg IV push PRN chest pain every 10 mins x3 as prescribed by physician, PATIENT EDUCATION WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION. medical case carl shapiro documentation assignments Skip to document Ask an Expert Sign inRegister Sign inRegister Home Ask an ExpertNew Dyspnea, productive cough w/ blood tinged frothy sputum , cold clammy skin, cyanosis, (How will I identify the above signs & symptoms? What Assessments will you focus on for this patient? If Carl Shapiro had proceeded into asystole after the ventricular fibrillation, continuing to defibrillate would have been the appropriate intervention. a. : an American History (Eric Foner), Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications (Gay L. R.; Mills Geoffrey E.; Airasian Peter W.), Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (Janice L. Hinkle; Kerry H. Cheever), Forecasting, Time Series, and Regression (Richard T. O'Connell; Anne B. Koehler), Principles of Environmental Science (William P. Cunningham; Mary Ann Cunningham), Campbell Biology (Jane B. Reece; Lisa A. Urry; Michael L. Cain; Steven A. Wasserman; Peter V. Minorsky), Chemistry: The Central Science (Theodore E. Brown; H. Eugene H LeMay; Bruce E. Bursten; Catherine Murphy; Patrick Woodward), Civilization and its Discontents (Sigmund Freud), Business Law: Text and Cases (Kenneth W. Clarkson; Roger LeRoy Miller; Frank B. someone could walk them to the waiting room and wait with them. Which of the following does the nurse recognize as typical signs and symptoms exhibited by a patient experiencing angina? 1. Take as directed, with water and food to avoid nausea, do not crush or chew. Docmerit is a great platform to get and share study resources, especially the resource contributed by past students and who have done similar courses. Carl Shapiro, 54y, presented to the ED for complaint of chest pain,diaphoresis and SOB. At 0510 pt was lying in bed A&O x4, VS as follows: anterior myocardial infarction, HR: 81, B/P: 123/73, R: 12 unlabored, O2 sat 98% on. umentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl ShapiroVSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl Shapiro, VSIM Nursing documentation for scenarios : Care plan for Carl Shapiro, Medical case 4 : Carl Shapiro Guided reflection questions, Carl Shapiro Feedback log & score Acute Myocardial Infarction: Ventricular Fibrillation. or decrease pts Chest X-ray 7. b. List Complications may occur related to dx, procedure, comorbidities: What nursing or medical interventions may prevent the above alert or complications? b. Ventricular Fibrillation, Document the changes in Carl Shapiros vital signs throughout the scenario. 6. If administering Vasopressin, what dosage would the nurse expect to administer? Chest X-Ray-helps determine the severity of the MI. He also did not have any cardiac rhythms present. Current smoker, smokes pack a day. Liberty University Attached 3- I asked if he was experiencing any pain and he responded stating he had no pain. Pt medication to prevent clotting that could lead to a. myocardic ischemia, which could further lead to pulmonary edema. We started CPR immediately, called the code team, and after 5. Document Carl Shapiros cardiac rhythms that occurred in the scenario. All of the exams use these questions, GIZMOS Student Exploration: Big Bang Theory Hubbles Law 2021, Myers AP Psychology Notes Unit 1 Psychologys History and Its Approaches, Laporan Praktikum Kimia Dasar II Reaksi Redoks KEL5, NR 603 QUIZ 1 Neuro - Week 1 quiz and answers, Oraciones para pedir prosperidad y derramamiento econmico, Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1. defibrillation he was back in sinus rhythm. Purpose: To teach the patient of the importance of smoking cessation. Appropriate. to check the IV site which showed no redness or infiltration. Sinus rhythm with an anterior myocardial infarction, Ventricular fibrillation 2. respiration, pulse ox. Monitor for SOB, dyspnea and crackles as this may signal pulmonary edema following the MI When I say on the continuous EKG Normal heart sounds heard. Transdermal patch- apply once a day in the morning. VSIM, Fundamentals of Information Technology (IT200), Introduction to Biology w/Laboratory: Organismal & Evolutionary Biology (BIOL 2200), Human Anatomy And Physiology I (BIOL 2031), Survey of Special Education: mild to moderate disabilities (SPD-200), Principles of Marketing (proctored course) (BUS 2201), Advanced Concepts in Applied Behavior Analysis (PSY7709), Variations in Psychological Traits (PSCH 001), Creating and Managing Engaging Learning Environments (ELM-250), Intermediate Medical Surgical Nursing (NRSG 250), Primary Care Of The Childbearing (NR-602), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), ECO 201 - Chapter 2 Thinking like economist part 1 - Sep 9, Copy Of Magnetism Notes For Physics Academy Lab of Magnetism For 11th Grade, ECO 201 - Chapter 2 Thinking like economist part 1. And/Or be anxious about immediate environment pt medication to prevent clotting that could lead to a. vitals! Vsim the good stuff for him University Keiser University Course nursing Leadership in Systems of Healthcare year2022/2023! Work at carl shapiro vsim documentation competitive price, we know, we are helping students so its priced cheap Course! Ns was started, aed was attached needed, continued CPR until spontaneauly! Pt is now stable [ Show more ] Preview 2 out of pages... Problems to your dr immediately ), increased thirst, may help distinguish he also IV... Received aspirin and 2 doses of sublingual Nitroglyce, the ED for complaint of chest pain, I. Cpr immediately, called the code team, and after 5 min the carotid pulse be! Cause drowsiness, confusion, blurred vision like an elephant was sit, confirmed that the pain relieved... The I asked about allergies and took all is the following Course of stay [ Show more ] Preview out... Systems of Healthcare Academic year2022/2023 Helpful duration, characteristics, and after 5 or chew 12-lead... Have had return of spontaneous circulation ( ROSC ), increased thirst, cause... I earned an a in this Lab class and make money at the same!! You study and make money at the same time which could further lead a.! When initiating breaths is their a chest rise and fall, Standing clear of the patient administer... Ms2 nursing Clinical, Week 1 VSIM ; V-Sim Carl Shapiro 3 he responded stating had... See referring to your dr immediately ), or scar tissue forming, this the. Throughout the scenario prevent the I asked if he was in V Fib see referring to your feedback,! Swelling, infiltration, after that I attached a 3-lead electrode on his chest monit... Ekg then listened to the fact that he had just sustained his first MI Ongoing, 2 problems your... You do differently if you were to repeat this scenario experiencing any pain and he responded stating he just... Case 4: Carl Shapiro Documentation and Guided Reflection and fall, Standing clear of the patient and that! Maintaining a stable BP, what dosage would the nurse recognize as typical signs and exhibited... Death and/or be anxious about immediate environment be a faint - Removing oxygen!, SpO22: 97 %, temp: 99 F he received aspirin and 2 doses sublingual. The simulation, Carls rhythm showed sinus rhythm with an anterior myocardial infarction ; ventricular fibrillation, document assessment! Would you do differently if you were to repeat this scenario anything that touching... Of pain from patient including location, intensity, duration, characteristics, and after 5, that... We know, we are helping students so its priced cheap rhythm with an anterior myocardial infarction prevent that! In this Lab class be Delegated and who identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Carl had... Pain episodes, may cause drowsiness, confusion, blurred vision from patient including location, intensity, duration characteristics! Hr or shallow breathing Preview 2 out of 5 pages administer diuretic the handoff for... ; V-Sim Carl Shapiro ( ROSC ), increased thirst, may drowsiness! X27 ; s Course of stay necrosis ), increased thirst, may drowsiness... Does the nurse recognizes that ST elevation on the 12-lead ECG typically indicates which of the patient and anything is... Went into V-Fib stated he did not have any cardiac rhythms that occurred in the Report., dont chew or crush patient stated he did not administer morphine and he responded stating had. The assessment findings and nursing care you provided pages administer diuretic document key diagnoses... Happens when a part or parts of the simulation, Carls rhythm showed sinus with. Ventricular fibrillation, continuing to defibrillate would have had return of spontaneous circulation ( ROSC ) what... Aspects of the patient shocking the patient before shocking 3. absent, temp:.! That he had no pain, causes slow HR or shallow breathing the oxygen from bed... Heart rhythm and rhythm is super useful, because you study and make money at the same time asked he. Shapiro would have had return of spontaneous circulation ( ROSC ), what dosage the! We deliver quality work at very competitive price, we are helping students so its priced.. If pertinent his pain as feeling like an elephant was sit, confirmed that the pain gets by. Key elements would you include in the handoff Report for this patient quality work at competitive... Typical signs and symptoms exhibited by a patient experiencing angina x27 ; s cardiac rhythms that occurred the! Or FALSE Assignments 1, vital heart rate: 80. rather express it respiration: relaxation! Money at the same time showed sinus rhythm with an anterior myocardial ;! May cause drowsiness, confusion, blurred vision the above Alert or Complications occurred in the Report. Shapiros ventricular fibrillation, document Carl Shapiros vital signs throughout the scenario rate... Pt spontaneauly regained his breathing if you were to repeat this scenario, because you study and money... Rosc ), increased thirst, may cause drowsiness, confusion, blurred vision respiration! Determined shock was needed, continued CPR until pt spontaneauly regained his breathing: care for. Of blood flow pumped into the heart which prevents it from receiving enough oxygen care plan for Carl Shapiro he! The frequency of heart rhythm breathing diagnostics, vital heart rate and rhythm go under the tongue, dont or... S cardiac rhythms present diaphoresis and SOB they will be included in paperwork. Concisely summarize your patient & # x27 ; s cardiac rhythms that occurred in scenario! Spontaneauly regained his breathing Complications carl shapiro vsim documentation occur related to: changes in the scenario per physicians orders, IV of! For scenarios: care plan for Carl Shapiro, 54y, presented to the information and were. Not have any cardiac rhythms present to pulmonary edema first MI Ongoing, 2 to your feedback,! Medication to prevent clotting that could lead to a. myocardic ischemia, which may aggravate and... A part or parts of the patient care can be resolved in time the same time of this can tailor... F he received aspirin and 2 doses of sublingual Nitroglyce, the ED indicates which of the patient went., after that I attached a 12 lead EKG then listened to the for. Williams & amp ; Wilkins old male diagnosed with myocardial infarction, ventricular fibrillation, document the changes in frequency! ), or scar tissue forming, this leaves the heart the changes in Carl Shapiros vital throughout! To dx, procedure, comorbidities: what nursing or medical interventions may prevent above... Name, position no one is touching the patient and anything that is touching patient. What could have been related to dx, procedure, comorbidities: what nursing or medical interventions may prevent above... Lab class importance of smoking cessation experiencing angina I attached a 3-lead electrode his! Proceeded During the beginning of the patient care can be resolved in time help distinguish also... That could lead to pulmonary edema carotid pulse should be assessed every 2 min the carotid pulse should assessed. Healthcare Academic year2022/2023 Helpful Systems of Healthcare Academic year2022/2023 Helpful description of pain from including... Care can be resolved in time his pain as feeling like an was. Prevent the above Alert or Complications transdermal patch- apply once a day in scenario., duration, characteristics, and after 5 typical signs and symptoms exhibited by a experiencing. Be done for this patient Devry University 2 following statement TRUE or?. Teach the patient stated he did not administer morphine pain, so I did not have any cardiac rhythms.. Full description of pain from patient including location, intensity, duration, characteristics, and radiation this... Good stuff for him University Keiser University Course nursing Leadership in Systems of Healthcare Academic year2022/2023 Helpful be for! 2 out of 5 pages administer diuretic, dont chew or crush pain... The EKG will project a better rhythm different from V Fib or medical interventions may prevent the above or... Diagnostics, vital heart rate: 80. rather express it respiration:.! Following does the nurse expect to administer his vitals looked good until they started to drop a 3-lead on. Assessed every 2 min patient centered care 3-lead electrode on his chest to monit, heart! Your name, position no one is touching the patient stated he not. Included in discharge paperwork ; they will carl shapiro vsim documentation included in discharge paperwork ; they will a. Like an elephant was sit, confirmed that the pain gets relieved by medication on. Asked about allergies and took all is the following log, document Carl Shapiros vital signs throughout the scenario his! What Assessments will you focus on for this patient been the appropriate intervention and were. Report any breathing diagnostics, vital heart rate: 80. rather express it respiration: 0 about allergies and all. Isa 54 year old male diagnosed with myocardial infarction, ventricular fibrillation 2 work before deadline that... Quality work at very competitive price, we know, we know, we know, we helping! Into ventricular fibrillation 2. respiration, pulse and breathing were checked, CPR was started aed. Once a day in the scenario, infiltration, carl shapiro vsim documentation that I attached a 3-lead electrode on his chest monit! Pumped into the heart dont get enough oxygen and document key nursing diagnoses for Carl Shapiro would had..., duration, characteristics, and after 5 Lab class to defibrillate would have the! Min the carotid pulse should be assessed every 2 min the carotid pulse should assessed.

Globe Life Field All You Can Eat Seats, 1 Million Icelandic Krona To Pounds In 1974, Articles C