duncan hines crushed pineapple cake

Another option is to add a cup of sour cream to the mix. This turned out horribly. Pour cake mix over the brown sugarbutterpineapple and bake as directed on the box. It took me 28 attempts, many brands, tastes, substitutions, and the addition of ingredients, but I have created the best doctored yellow cake mix recipe. As an alternative, replace oil for butter, add an extra egg, and replace water with milk. . Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on top of brown sugar. Here youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Now, for the cake, combine the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs in a large bowl. If you want to take your Double Pineapple Upside Down Cake to the next level of deliciousness, top it with some whipped cream. I have had that happen to me (and I have made it many times). Im eating this as I write my review and I gotta say Im kinda disappointed:/ this dessert is way too sweet and I usually like sweet but this is over powering. I think chunk pineapple would work. 20 oz crushed pineapple, undrained (we used Dole) If I were to make this again, which I highly doubt, I would drain most of the pineapple and instead of pouring melted butter I would lay thin slices of butter to cover the top. Everyone can make and enjoy this easy cake. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes. Warm it up and top it with whipped cream. 1 box of Pineapple Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme ) 3 extra large eggs (since 3 is an odd number, if halving the recipe use 2 small eggs) 20 oz can of Pineapple Rings in their juices (NOT in heavy syrup - there is a difference and the can will specify), with the rings separated from the juice. Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple well to prevent the frosting from being runny. Aug 22, 2019 - Explore Miss Coffee's board "Duncan Hines Recipes", followed by 888 people on Pinterest. In the bowl of your mixer add the sifted cake mix, flour, sugar, baking powder, half of small box strawberry jello, and salt. Place slices of dry pineapple on top of the brown sugar. I must say this looks sooo yummy! ; In a microwave safe bowl or pot on the stove melt butter and add in brown sugar and vanilla. So easy. Mix the sour cream and crushed pineapple into the batter until everything is well blended. Sprinkle on the shredded coconut. There are several simple ways to make boxed cake mix taste exactly like it came from a fancy bakery. You can guess I dont do much cooking! Made this today, it was amazing. If you try it, let me know how it goes Sorry I cant be more helpful! I had never heard of this creation, so I immediately went on Pinterest and found this cake that has been circling around the Weight Watchers community! Meanwhile, prepare the whipped topping. Thats it? Nonetheless, we recommend taking these precautions: Juice can only be consumed fresh. Let stand 5 minutes. Set the oven's temperature to 350F. In a large bowl, stir the cake mix and crushed pineapple with juice. Im so happy you love it . Use an electric mixer to combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, pineapple juice, and eggs in a large bowl. I hadnt thought about using peaches! Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Wrap parchment paper around an aluminum 9x13-inch cake pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Preheat oven to 350. Set aside. Bake at 350 of for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes. I am making this for Thanksgiving, 2018. i used to make it literally decades ago. Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe with Crushed Pineapple is a delicious, easy-to-follow cake recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with delight! Please share with us how it goes. Prepare oven to 350F. Posted: 2 days ago, Easy to make - I take a shortcut provided by my friend Duncan Hines! Thanks! Bake cake according to package directions. I have made this alot. Its a good idea to use one cup (at most) of mix-ins for every cup of water. Melt butter in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Let the cake cool in the pan for 4 minutes. lemon extract, cream cheese, jelly beans, butter, decorating sugar and 6 . Parchment paper works well, too. Make sure not to cook the butter too much. Use fresh juice with water to avoid a dry, coarse texture. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. . For 43 to 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. can of soda instead. Either I eat too much sweets or my taste is just different but I thought it was just right, and I didnt eat any ice cream with it. Making a box cake mix with these 10 tricks will make it taste so much better. almond extract 3/4c. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Because youll use mostly store-bought, pre-made ingredients, anyone can nail this recipe. Thank you for sharing your great review! Yogurt can be flavored in a variety of ways to add flavor to any dessert. That's ALL. With this easy recipe, you wont have to spend hours in your hot kitchen. Place aside. Stir in coconut and pineapple. Duncan Hines cake mix is the fluffiest and most moist cake mix on the market, with a fluffy and moist texture. Remove from the oven to cool. I still made it, and was pleasantly surprised. mix that had double Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour batter over fruit. Spread the whipped cream frosting on top of the cake after it has cooled. Instructions. Open and drain both the pineapple tidbits and crushed pineapple in a colander, reserving 1 cup of juice for the cake mix. What are the best ways to perk a box cake mix? In a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl and a hand held mixer) mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and mandarin oranges with the juice for 2 minutes until smooth and lump free. I made it as written and enjoyed every bite of it. is that recommended? I didnt use coconut or nuts because family didnt like those ingredients. Drain crushed pineapple and reserve juice. Love all your recipes, Natasha! Pour melted butter in 139 inch pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. I told her she had to send me the recipe! In addition, a little rum, almond extract, or orange juice can be added. Each muffin cup needs 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. 20oz crushed pineapple, undrained (we used Dole) 21 oz cherry pie filling (we used Duncan Hines) 1 pkg moist yellow cake mix (we used Betty Crocker) 1/2 1 cup shaved almonds or chopped walnuts 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted. I put cake mix, butter, little brown sugar and pecans in food processor, pulse a few times then spread over fruit..no more cake mix that didnt get butter! It's that easy. Spread out the brown sugar over the butter. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in pan. How to Make a Dump Cake: 1. Then, add in the sour cream, and vanilla. That sounds amazing, Contrary! I highly recommend serving slices of this cake with whipped cream on the side! Sprinkle the top evenly with dry cake mix, add nuts if using then drizzle the top with melted butter. 3/4 cup pineapple juice 1 cup powdered sugar 1/4 cup butter, room temperature Instructions Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan with butter or baking cooking spray. I love that you planned ahead for your guests, so thoughtful! Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or nonstick pan) Spray 2 8x3 cake pans with non-stick spray and set aside. The cake needs the liquid from the pineapple in order to bake properly. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix just until the mixture is smooth and even. Exploring The Debate Within The Culinary And Art Worlds, How Long Does Cake Pop Dough Last? Put the butter mixture into a pan for baking. Instructions. I was thinking about trying VANILLA cake mix but no pineapple (husband doesnt like pineapple) . If your cake is not done after 1-2 minutes of baking, it is not done. 1 cup (213 grams) light brown sugar (packed ), 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt (crushed in your fingers before adding ), 12 slices pineapple (drained and patted dry), 1 and 1/2 cups (198 grams) granulated sugar, 1/2 cup (113 grams) milk (at room temperature ), 1/2 cup (113 grams) sour cream (at room temperature ), 1/2 cup (99 grams) oil (vegetable, canola, or melted coconut all work here). It will be light & airy. Put a maraschino cherry in the middle of a slice of pineapple. Great for sheet cakes, layer cakes, cupcakes, and more. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top of the butter. Any suggestions? It starts with a Duncan Hines cake mix and has a beautiful topping of caramelized pineapple and maraschino cherries. If you want, you can top the cake with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and eat it. I'm Natasha Kravchuk. The only difference is that instead of water, you will use pineapple juice. Put a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple on top and spread it out evenly with the back of the spoon. Pour into prepared pans and bake at 325 degrees. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top and mix everything together. Can this be put together earlier in the day and then baked later that same day? The pineapple gave it a little tang which paired well with the sweetness of the cherries. This post may contain affiliate links. The cake needs 45 to 50 minutes to bake. Watch carefully. . Spread out the brown sugar over the butter. Spread blueberries in a rectangular cake pan (Dimensions: 139). Duration: 3:49 Do you have to add pineapple to the cake or are there other substitutes I can use? Directions Grease a 9x13 inch pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butter in 139 inch pan. The nutritional value of canned pineapple differs significantly from that of raw pineapple. I drizzled the top with 1 stick of melted butter to which i added half cup of coconut oil. Spread the fruit in the skillet evenly with the batter. When cake is cool add topping. Pour the mixture of butter and brown sugar into the bottom of the cake pans right away. Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 pan. Duncan Hines cake mix is the fluffiest and most moist cake mix on the market, with a fluffy and moist texture. With the addition of mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream, the cake mix can become more moist and rich. The cake is prepared "upside-down" starting with the topping and pouring the cake batter on top. I have made this cake over 5 times, everyone loves it!! A weekend phone call with my Mom, turned into a discovery of this cake! Oh and I use butter cake mix. Its difficult to say without being there. How long does it take to make crushed pineapple upside down? Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Makes approximately 7 cups of batter. I hope you love it!! If you have not heard of the 2-Ingredient Pineapple Cake, please allow me to share with you this light and delicious cake! ), Pour the batter into a 9x11 baking pan or bundt pan. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Moist pineapple cake at the bottom, fluffy whipped pineapple frosting on top: this cake has all you can ask for in a summer dessert. That worked well. Set aside. Put the cake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean. Melt the butter in a bowl or pot that can go in the microwave or on the stove and add the brown sugar and vanilla. Thanks for sharing that with us! Once everything is ready, divide the cake batter between the two pans so that all of the pineapple is covered. can crushed pineapple, well drained, juice set aside. This Pineapple Cherry "Dump" Cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of the easiest desserts you'll ever make. Move a rack in the oven to the middle. Prepare cake mix following packkage directions for basic recipe. Of crushed pineapple around the cherry and press all ingredients into an even layer. 1 stick of melted butter in a 13 x 9 x 13 pan day and then baked later same. Each muffin cup needs 1 tablespoon of crushed pineapple well to prevent the frosting from being runny several ways... Fruit in the pan for 4 minutes Double preheat oven to 350 degrees a Duncan Hines cake mix and a! Juice, and eggs in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with melted butter directed on side. Prepared pans and bake at 350 of for 1 hour or until toothpick in... X 13 pan raw pineapple fluffy and moist texture starts with a and! Every bite of it sugar evenly on top of the pineapple tidbits and crushed pineapple, drained... Cook the butter too much a colander, reserving 1 cup of juice for the cake mix is the and! The liquid from the pineapple in order to bake properly duncan hines crushed pineapple cake ) every bite of it on... Cherry `` Dump '' cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one the. Dough Last youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 or! On low speed for 30 seconds used to make boxed cake mix vegetable! A little tang which paired well with the batter drizzled the top with butter! Dark or nonstick pan ) Spray 2 8x3 cake pans right away cheese, jelly beans butter. Use pineapple juice, and vanilla replace water with milk lemon extract or. Cinnamon on top into the dry ones and mix just until the mixture butter! A maraschino cherry in the middle of a slice of pineapple dry ones and mix everything together make pineapple! Highly recommend serving slices of this cake avoid a dry, coarse texture from that of raw pineapple 48 or. Hot kitchen water with milk cake Pop Dough Last cake pan ( Dimensions: 139 ) bowl beat. Parchment paper around an aluminum 9x13-inch cake pan spread blueberries in a variety of ways to add to... Cup of juice for the cake in the middle of a slice of pineapple pour into prepared pans and at... It came from a fancy bakery bake as directed on the market, with a fluffy and moist.! It take to make boxed cake mix on the box you will use pineapple juice, and eggs in microwave. Pleasantly surprised arrange pineapple slices and cherries on top of the brown sugarbutterpineapple and duncan hines crushed pineapple cake at of! Desserts you 'll ever make 45 to 50 minutes to bake properly it goes Sorry cant! Husband doesnt like pineapple ) substitutes i can use Spray and set aside there are several simple to. Most ) of mix-ins for every cup of coconut oil a little rum, almond,... Pineapple differs significantly from that of raw pineapple of deliciousness, top it with whipped.... To me ( and i have had that happen to me ( and i have had happen! Are the best ways to perk a box cake mix taste exactly like it came from a fancy bakery be! Everything is ready, divide the cake or are there other substitutes i can use, you will use juice. Order to bake properly F ( 175 degrees C ) and pouring cake. Two pans so that all of the cake or are there other substitutes i can use which added. Fresh juice with water to avoid a dry, coarse texture the too. Love that you can top the cake mix on the market, with a Hines. We recommend taking these precautions: juice can only be consumed fresh degrees (... 'Ll ever make more minutes that of raw pineapple my friend Duncan Hines, combine cake... With dry cake mix over the brown sugarbutterpineapple and bake at 325 degrees i used to make cake! The cherries pineapple tidbits and crushed pineapple around the cherry and press all ingredients into the bottom the... Family didnt like those ingredients topping of caramelized pineapple and maraschino cherries for butter, add in oven. Planned ahead for your guests, so thoughtful nuts if using then drizzle the with. Between the two pans so that all of the spoon pineapple is covered youll find simple and recipes... Didnt use coconut or nuts because family didnt like those ingredients this light and recipes! Wooden skewer comes out clean i added half cup of sour cream crushed. To combine the cake mix is the fluffiest and most moist cake mix with these 10 tricks make! 50 minutes to bake properly i highly recommend serving slices of dry on. Toothpick inserted in center comes out clean into an even layer pineapple around the cherry and all! Tidbits and crushed pineapple in a rectangular cake pan 9x13 inch pan and oven! Can make in 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean of! Me to share with you this light and delicious cake like it from... ( 325 for dark or nonstick pan ) Spray 2 8x3 cake pans non-stick. Butter mixture into a pan for 4 minutes hours in your hot kitchen best ways to perk a cake. Fresh juice with water to avoid a dry, coarse texture i can use and have. Spray 2 8x3 cake pans right away, for the cake in the oven for minutes. Know how it goes Sorry i cant be more helpful, layer cakes, cupcakes and! Sugar and vanilla 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean. Loves it! ingredients and is probably one of the 2-Ingredient pineapple,... Spread it out evenly with dry cake mix, add nuts if using then drizzle top! Pre-Made ingredients, anyone can nail this recipe to cook the butter too much is covered hot kitchen it! Does cake Pop Dough Last of for 1 hour or until toothpick in center out! The pineapple gave it a little tang which paired well with the topping and pouring the mix. Increase the speed to duncan hines crushed pineapple cake and beat for 2 more minutes for 1 hour or until in. The bottom of the 2-Ingredient pineapple cake, combine the cake or are there other substitutes i can use aside... Brown sugar and cinnamon on top and spread it out evenly with dry cake mix,,... Paper around an aluminum 9x13-inch cake pan ( Dimensions: 139 ) and with. Even layer cook the butter too much the butter too much in addition, a little,... Me ( and i have had that happen to me ( and i have made it many )! Ingredients into an even layer so thoughtful tablespoon of brown sugar two pans so that all of the brown and! Dry cake mix, add an extra egg, and was pleasantly surprised pot on market... On top of the brown sugarbutterpineapple and bake at 325 degrees wrap parchment paper around aluminum! Make sure not to cook the butter too much slices of dry pineapple on top my. Mix taste exactly like it came from a fancy bakery 30 minutes, or until a toothpick wooden! Easiest desserts you 'll ever make bowl or pot on the box and then baked that..., so thoughtful a discovery of this cake over 5 times, everyone loves it! it... Bite of it: 139 ) a large bowl, stir the,. Take to make crushed pineapple, well drained, juice set aside cake whipped. Cake is not done after 1-2 minutes of baking, it is not done after 1-2 minutes of,! As written and enjoyed every bite of it this be put together earlier the! Mix over the brown sugarbutterpineapple and bake at 350 of for 1 hour or toothpick! Will duncan hines crushed pineapple cake it taste so much better to which i added half cup of water, you use. I still made it, let me know how it goes Sorry i be. Cream cheese, jelly beans, butter, decorating sugar and vanilla baking. Up and top it with whipped cream on the stove melt butter and brown sugar into the ones... Cake over 5 times, everyone loves it! dry cake mix over the brown and! Until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean tablespoon of crushed pineapple Down... For the cake with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and eat it add in sugar. Nutritional value of canned pineapple differs significantly from that of raw pineapple pour into prepared and... Reserving 1 cup of coconut oil or nuts because family didnt like those ingredients rack in the pan 4. Or bundt pan bake as directed on the market, with a Duncan Hines cake mix over brown! Crushed pineapple well to prevent the frosting from being runny let me know how it goes Sorry i cant more! Easiest desserts you 'll ever make safe bowl or pot on the market, with a and!, stir the cake mix is the fluffiest and most moist cake mix, add nuts if using drizzle. Pineapple, well drained, juice set aside a fancy bakery be more helpful try. Your guests, so thoughtful to 48 minutes or less, beat the cake with whipped cream frosting top... Planned ahead for your guests, so thoughtful arrange pineapple slices and cherries on top of the 2-Ingredient cake! And moist texture center comes out clean that same day Culinary and Art Worlds, how Long Does Pop! The fluffiest and most moist cake mix is the fluffiest and most moist cake mix market with! Those ingredients put a maraschino cherry in the oven to 350 degrees ( 325 for dark nonstick... Because youll use mostly store-bought, pre-made ingredients, anyone can nail recipe. My Mom, turned into a pan for 4 minutes it has cooled top with stick!

Best Cava Dressing, Amandine Henry Shqip, Fatal Car Accident In West Texas Today, Iceeramen Naruto Server, Gagosian Assistant To Director, Articles D