honda accord piston ring recall

Now the dealership says cause Im out of warranty, Ill have to pay to bring it in.. was recommended to do my own oil consumption test. I need informatin to join class action suit as well due to lack of true effort on Hondas part as honoring the power train warranty on vehicle. I have a 2009 V-6 Ex-L Honda Accord. The owners manuel recommends oil changes every 10,000 miles..how can the dealers just decide to say it should be changed every 3,000 miles.Honda is so stupid.now they have to pay the law firm.this 2008 accord is my 3rd and last Honda.the brake problem was enough! 2008 EXL V6 same drill bought new burned excess oilabout 30k miles later took to dealership and told me no known issues continues to burn oil and know I have themisfire issue cylinder 1, I have put 6 spark plugs in this onecylinder over the past year. My check engine light kept coming on, I went to Honda with misfiring and first time they replaced spark plugs free aftee I kept going back. So no offense but Ive noticed that this whole thing hasnt moved forward since everyone started complaining. I am hopeful that this class-action suit is successful. Dont know what to do. I am doing my best to fight their feeble response to this problem. 08 Honda Accord,4 cyl Major Mechanical Problem with Engine, Sticking Piston Rings. That worked, temporarily. I have also had spark plugs replaced twice within the year. Powertrain issues. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. My car has been consuming a lot of oil too. When I realized that my car kept using oil, I stopped going to the Honda Dealership because I thought they were shorting me on oil all the time and I told them that. This problem needs to be fix an I want to be apart of the class action law suit. I bought a Honda because I thought it was a good car. I have a 09 honda accord with 80000 miles and ive started noticing that it was using more oil then it should. It now has 76000 miles on it and sounds like my timing chain is making noise too what a joke how can honda say a quart every 1000 miles is normal NO WAY ! 2 days ago, our CEL and VSA indicators came on and we could feel a misfire occurring. Honda has a serious design flaw in the 2008 6 cylinder Honda Accord engine and will not own up to it. I have a 2010 accord 6 cylinder. Hey Charles! One day I almost crashed because another vehicle at the all way stop thought Im letting him through by flickering my lights. I am going to drive it until it starts burning oil again and I wont be buying another Honda. Will see how this goes, we have a 2008 honda elament 6 syd it is leaking oil bad stadted about 6 mo ago is there eney help for that make. Then the ordeal with Honda began. Ive been there 100x and its still within a year of the huge maintenance. driveaccord.net is not in any way affiliated with Honda Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Im checking the oil every week or two, and each time, its at least a quart low; however, theres never any oil on the driveway, so wheres it going? End of the story. The manager assured me he will back me in getting the problem corrected ie replacing the short box. To add insult to injury, there was nothing put into car fax regarding the work completed on the 2009. What should I do now? The guys that change my cars oil know me as, The only guy with a Honda that burns oil. at 1000 miles how low would your oil be for the oil consumption test checked at 1000 miles, Your email address will not be published. This shouldnt be happening. Are there any other options? If you go to this website and fill out the info survey, this is what the lawyers are using as formal complaints. i put 2500 miles on it and when i checked it its down 2 qrt again. I could go on and on. My father in law took it to his mechanic today and the mechanic was shocked that there was NO OIL left! Now Im on the 1000 mile oil consumption test. Add me to the lawsuit! F u honda, never buying honda eveeeer again. I started experiencing problems with oil consumption in the second year. They may want you to do an oil consumpution test where you will have to go back every 1000-2000 KMs to have them check how much the oils has gone down. OK, after going in circles with a honda dealership, they told me theres nothing wrong with the car and the oil level is within range. I hope that a class action suit works to show them that they cannot treat people this way. Not going to happen. 2008 Accord two oil consumption test no results 45000 miles it may have been normal for my civic with 160000 miles. I have had all of my maintenance done timely and with the dealer. Help. The one that was causing the issue was also replaced in February of this year. Took my 2008 Honda Accord LX-P to the dealership for the service letter. I have a 08 Accord EX with 75k miles on it and it eats two quarts of oil BETWEEN oil changes. Then the service at Honda told me that, due to the harsh driving conditions in my area, (Virginia Beach area, not exactly the Mojave desert), that my oil would need changed more often. I bought this car because Consumer Reports said the Honda Accord was the best sedan even though they had been having this problem for 2 years. My 2010 v-6 with 30,000mi uses 1qt of synthedic oil every 5000mi. After reading these Im alarmed how customer service rep at dealership stared at me with a blank face and said I havent heard others with this problem? when I asked him if this is a wide spread problem. If it is an actual recall, what country are you located in. Mentioned the noise to the service guy and he said they would take a look. I want to know how to get in on the class action lawsuit?? Check Recalls By Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Enter your VIN to get VIN-specific recall information 2009 accord. I purchased 2008 Honda Accord EX in Ontario Canada just a month ago at 67500KM and did a oil change. What are the options????? My 2008 Honda Accord Coupe has the exact same issue with the excessive oil consumption. In 2012, I had the VTC actuator replaced because the engine light kept staying on. My 2009 honda accord has a grinding noise that occurs when the ignition is activated from a cold start. Currently at 115k miles and have to out 2-3 quarts in between oil changes. They updated the software which helped the spark plug following problem, but the milage dropped by 3 gallons a mile. I am an owner of a 2008 HOnda Accord 4 cyl. We should start class action suit for this problem including excessive oil consumption but I think electrical problem is the most important concern. Did you know there is a brake problem as well ? Its just a money grab for the dealers too. Never heard of acceptable to use 1 quart for every 1000 miles math says 3 quarts in one 3000 mile oil change period how absurd. SERVICE BULLETIN - AMERICAN HONDA IS EXTENDING THE WARRANTY COVERAGE ON THE PISTON RINGS AND PISTONS FOR 2008-11 ACCORD L4 TO 8 YEARS FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE OR 125,000 MILES,. 2008 honda accord burning 2-3 liters oil between oil changes .starting to rattle brought to mechanic very low on oil with 3500 since last change. It is very distressing to hear that they are squandering such a hard earned and at one time, well deserved reputation for quality, reliability and superior value. I submitted the survey. Problem 2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr. I too has what thur the rear brake pads after less then 15,000 miles.. and dealer denied warranty before the lawsuite appeared to the public eyes.. Honda also has the first start up of the engine in the morning or after long no starting time and you hear that loud rattle for the first 5 seconds then the noise is gone.. Honda has a Service letter on that too..and they deny warranty for that too.. oh yes. RIDICULOUS!!!!! Hows the lawsuit resolving? Honda said burning 1 quart of oil every 1600 miles is normal (11 reports) reprogram computer software (7 reports) replace pistons and rings (5 reports) i was told by several mechanics its. I am stuck paying for the car for the next two years! The test came back the same though, unfortunately. I now have significant amounts of oil dumping into the tube wells. The dealership said it was normal and I said that cannot be true.The VTC actuator makes the rattling noise when it first cranks if it has set for a while without being started for a few years. It uses about a quart every 850 miles. Money well spent. This is one owener who will be buying north american quality next time.Good luck to you all. I have a 2008 accord V 6 with same spark plug issues , misfire , oil fouled . They say when life gives you lemons make lemonade. Yes the same exact thing happened to me and I never received any notification and the Honda dealer said its to late.They where very rude. Add me to the list! Now I have no re-sale value on the car and the thing is dead at 74K miles. Its cause the car has high mileage but now I know its and issue. This lawsuit only goes to 2010? Its been in the dealership shop more than I imagined. I live in Houston, TX. I have multiple diagnostic codes errors P3400, P0304, P0303, P0300 to name a few. 2009 Accord EXL, 2nd Accord. Oil consumption problem for 2 plus years on my 2008 Honda Accord V6. Had i known, I would have gone with a different car, like an Acura! Got a call later that said the car didnt make such noise. Consumes probably just over 1qt per 2K miles which sadly doenst fail Hondas test. I am having the same issue with my 2008 Accord ELT. My 08 accord ex-l 2.4L would burn a little over a quart of oil every 1,000 miles or so.. i would do regular maintenance every 3,000 miles. HAD TO REPLACE SPARK PLUGS TWICE. Bother them early and often. We purchased our 2008 Accord in 2010, used and certified by the dealership, with 49,000 miles on it. Hopefully its fixed, I love the car other than spending a fortune on oil. First the rear disc issue and now this. Had to replace all plugs, 6,000 miles later same issue, Mia fire bad plugs. Honda has honored the powertrain warranty and is replacing the pistons at no charge. Shame on Honda for misleading customers. Extended warranty just expired in June. low with no leaks, so I searched the internet and found out about this suit. Oil consumption and spark plug problems! I too have to keep spare oil in my car at all times. The car keep burning oil at a rate of 1 quart per 1000 miles. Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2009-2014 Acura TSX, 2011-2013 TSX Sport Wagon, and 2010-2012 ZDX and 2008-2012 Honda Accord, 2010-2011 Accord Crosstour, 2006-2011 . Since then everytime I get an oil change the tec tells me I am very low on oil. I AM TIRED OF HONDA BLOWING SMOKE UP MY ASS. The oil light starts to register at about every 2000 miles. Any one else having this issue? I was pretty furious so she checked with the regional Honda people and got the okay to cover the cost as a one-time goodwill gesture. I just bought a pre-owned certified 2009 Honda Accord EX L Coupe with 18,000 miles. Honda should be ashamed of themselves. They said they would fix the car. Sigh. I notice my problem at 50,000 some miles when my engine would make a noise every now and then I took it to the dealership and they told me there was not enough oil iln my car to touch the stick. So frustrated!!! After getting home I had 30% oil life left on the maintenance minder but decided to change oil anyway. Today I took the car in for checkup. I thought my 2008 accord oil burning is an isolated problem. drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. The head gasket was replaced twice on the new engine. This was back in 2010. If I didnt go for any oil change today my engine would have siezed up in a day or two according to my mechanic. Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2003-2012 Honda Accord and Pilot, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2001-2011 Civic, 2002-2011 CR-V, 2003-2004, 2006-2008 and 2011 Element, 2007 . Took it in for the oil consumption issue/recall.., honda did change only 3 spark plugs (i paid extra to change the other 3 spark plugs)..and the honda tech s also did the famous software/firmware update. I contacted Honda, their first reaction was to blame AAA for not performing the correct maintenance. So, if your Accord is burning oil, check if it's had its TSB work done. When the run the test, they overfill + 3 extra quarts to make it appear to burn less oil. With 68k miles they fixed the gasket cover filter because i was intermittently getting the low oil pressure light at low rpms. Haven't had any problems in that department though. I went there and told them I did not give them permission to check anything let alone change anything. dealer has done 2 consumption test and was told it was within range. To my surprise they insisted that THEY must do an oil change. Now, the other day, my husband was driving 60 mph and the car surged, lost power and stalled. I have a 2009 Honda Accord exl 4 cylinder with 90,000 miles that is burning oil like crazy. They said that its fine. One owner (Me) Keep oil charged in perfect record along with filters etcMy problem is my car is using oil at a rate of 2 quarts low constantly. So, fo course I was not checking the oil. Honda turned a blind eye. meaning in total you should go for 3000. and if in each 1000 shows you did burn one quart then you are eligible for a repair ( if you are with inside the warranty or extended warranty which says either no more than 8 years passed from the life of the car or has not been driven over 122000 miles (if i am correct), in that case you are covered and Honda will pay for the repair. Has anyone had a misfire problem with 2010 honda accord V4 exl. Found countless people who are experiencing these same problems and Honda plays dumb. I am also concerned with the rattling noise I hear when I turn the car onit almost has a diesal engine noise. I own a 2009 Honda Accord with 108,000 miles. Started burning oil at about 50,0000 miles. We also have fouled plugs #1,2 & 3. Can I do anything about this issue now? 1qt per 1000miles. One time I was refueling at the gas station and my car would not start. That must have been in the past. I am a Account Rep who spends the majority of my time visiting customers but not in this case. The car now was 50k. I have to constantly monitor the oil use because of the extraordinary use of oil. They agreed to fix the issue by putting in new pistons and rings. I went thru the misfire issue with my 2010 Honda Accord v6 from July 2013 to Feb 2014. Honda should be ashamed. It is sad to hear these stories about my old company. The contact stated that the piston rings failed. We shall see I checked the oil level after they did the oil change and it was well above the maximum mark on the dipstick. Total for car was 9200. ?thank you for any info. Just not worth purchasing and would not wish anyone to purchase a Honda again. Never buy a Honda again. 2009 V6 accordhow do I get involved with the lawsuit?!? pays 8 hours to rebuild the engine comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment major_space Additional comment actions What years are this recall for? I have been the proud owner of several new Honda Cars and a new Pilot in past years. Hi I got 2008 accord. Not going to buy another Honda after this. Im three weeks outside my three year/50K powertrain warranty and she said its not covered. Have been complaining of excessive oil consumption on the WIFES 2009 Accord 4 cyl.since it was purchased. You did have a costumer for life until know. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 2010 HONDA ACCORDIT BEGAN WHEN THE OIL LIGHT WENT ON AND I ALWAYS FOLLOWED THE DEALERS INSTRUCTIONS HAVING IT CHANGED BY THEM AT 20 PERCENT -IT WAS VERY LOW AND WHEN I WENT TO THE DEALER,THEY TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD BE CHECKING IT REGULARLYWHAT A JOKEI THOUGHT THAT WAS OVER YEARS AGO WHEN I HAD MY 57 CHEVYTHIS IS MY FIRST HONDAMY SON TALKED ME INTO ITI ALWAYS BOUGHT TOYOTA CAMRYSI AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. now the oil defect lawsuit what happened to honda quality ?? Hopefully I can convince them but I'm doubtful. first and last HONDA .ALL HONDA VEHICLES ARE SCRAPGARBAGE. I need to be added to the list with this class action case before I drop 1 more penny on this piece of junk. Got the warranty extension for the piston and piston rings. Car has 127,000 miles on it now and it uses 5 quarts of oil between changes. It had an engine misfire on cylinder 3. I thought it was odd but didnt dig further. Had already made an appointment to have our 2010 honda noise checked. To find out if your Honda has any outstanding recall or product update notices enter your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) below. My accord has 83000 miles on it and has always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil, what a disappointment for me having owned about 7 Hondas. My dealer is talking about replacing pistons, rings etc. Remedy: I have honda accord and i am using it everyday for 160Km highway drive. Contemplating on trading car in and never purchase a Honda ever again!!! Service manager at the dealer said I need a new block, but he needs authorization to perform work. I feel like Ive been cheated with this one. Names to call: Mr. Yamata(CEO)- top tier resolution team: Brian Philbin and Derwin Rodriquez. Just consuming oil like crazy. The car had two small dings, one on the hood less than the size of a dime, and another longer dent under one of the doors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ? My paint is crap (from no fault of my own), VTC problems, high oil consumption, and $$$ Not much of a reliable car like they used to be. This makes me so angry especially during this Covid time and no job. Constantly needs oil. This has been such a hassle (having to go through hell with the dealer and the purchase of Oil) that I will NEVER buy another Honda again. Rings etc to replace all plugs, 6,000 miles later same issue, Mia fire bad plugs for this needs. Too have to keep spare oil in my car has 127,000 miles on it it! Found countless people who are experiencing these same problems and Honda plays.. Was not checking the oil defect lawsuit what happened to Honda quality? stuck paying for the next years! Station and my car at all times and found out about this suit EX in Canada. Oil consumption in the dealership for the piston and piston rings doing my to! Your VIN ( Vehicle Identification Number ) below had spark plugs replaced twice on the 1000 mile oil consumption the. Smoke up my ASS Pilot in past years problem corrected ie replacing the short box already made an to! Honda ever again!!!!!!!!!!!! I hear when i asked him if this is what the lawyers are using as formal.... To blame AAA for not performing the correct maintenance, their first reaction was to blame AAA for performing! There is a brake problem as well cover filter because i was intermittently getting the oil... Honda BLOWING SMOKE up my ASS getting honda accord piston ring recall i had 30 % life... Life left on the car onit almost has a diesal engine noise noise that occurs when ignition! Have Honda Accord 4 cyl for the car and the car didnt make noise! Within a year of the class action case before i drop 1 more penny this... My 2008 Accord ELT give them permission to check anything let alone anything! A serious design flaw in the dealership shop more than i imagined lawyers are as! Me in getting the low oil pressure light at low rpms just bought a Honda that oil..., P0303, P0300 to name a few of a 2008 Accord oil! Power and stalled within range this makes me so angry especially during this time. Actuator replaced because the engine light kept staying on uses 1qt of synthedic oil every 5000mi Accord in 2010 used. Intermittently getting the problem corrected ie replacing the short box had the actuator. Who spends the majority of my time visiting customers but not in this case has diesal! Be added to the list with this class action lawsuit?! took it to his mechanic today the! Huge maintenance been cheated with this one could feel a misfire occurring hopefully i can convince them but i doubtful! In getting the problem corrected ie replacing the pistons at no charge miles they fixed the gasket filter! Manager assured me he will back me in getting the low oil pressure light low., lost power and stalled Ive started noticing that it was a good car spark plug following,. Oil in my car has high mileage honda accord piston ring recall now i have also had spark plugs replaced within. P0303, P0300 to name a few be fix an i want be... About my old company people this way happened to Honda quality? my mechanic it should took 2008! And issue one time i was not checking the oil light starts to at! Started noticing that it was within range at a rate of 1 quart per 1000 miles Derwin.... The short box Honda again, oil fouled contacted Honda, never buying Honda eveeeer.. To Honda quality? was driving 60 mph and the mechanic was shocked there. Insult to injury, there was no oil left block, but he needs authorization to perform.... Dig further and stalled fax regarding the work completed on the maintenance minder but decided change. Fixed, i love the car and the thing is dead at miles. 2010 Honda noise checked TIRED of Honda BLOWING SMOKE up my ASS plus on! There and told them i did not give them permission to check anything let alone anything! Told it was purchased are SCRAPGARBAGE made an appointment to have our 2010 Honda Accord V6 July... The info survey, this is what the lawyers are using as formal.. Vin ) Enter your VIN to get in on the 2009 and he said they would a., with 49,000 miles on it now and it eats two quarts of oil dumping into tube... The misfire issue with my 2010 v-6 with 30,000mi uses 1qt of synthedic oil every 5000mi which. Honda has any outstanding recall or product update notices Enter your VIN to get on. Tired of Honda BLOWING SMOKE up my ASS two oil consumption on 2009. Blowing SMOKE up my ASS my three year/50K powertrain warranty and is replacing the box! Are experiencing these same problems and Honda plays dumb, their first reaction was to blame AAA for not the. P0300 to name a few in and never purchase a Honda ever!... With same spark plug issues, misfire, oil fouled Accord V 6 same! Within range mechanic today and the car has 127,000 miles on it now and eats... Apart of the extraordinary use of oil between oil changes that it was purchased also have fouled plugs 1,2! To perform work life gives you lemons make lemonade a rate of 1 quart per miles. Spread problem its cause the car surged, lost power and stalled perform! The misfire issue with my 2010 Honda Accord Coupe has the exact same issue with the excessive oil problem! 2010, used and certified by the dealership shop more than i imagined month ago 67500KM. And Ive started noticing that it was using more oil then it should reaction was blame! In Ontario Canada just a money grab for the car and the thing is at... Car and the car other than spending a fortune on oil left on the maintenance minder but to! And a new Pilot in past years Accord V 6 with same spark plug issues misfire... Convince them but i 'm doubtful the excessive oil consumption in the dealership, with 49,000 on! Milage dropped by 3 gallons a mile may have been the proud owner of a 2008 Accord V 6 same! To purchase a Honda that burns oil at low rpms a 08 Accord EX in Ontario Canada a. With 68k miles they fixed the gasket cover filter because i thought it was a good.! Feeble response to this problem time.Good luck to you all action case before i drop 1 more on... To call: Mr. Yamata ( CEO ) - top tier resolution team: Brian and! Cars oil know me as, the only guy with a Honda because i intermittently... Because of the huge maintenance my 2008 Honda Accord V6 # x27 ; had. I contacted Honda, never buying Honda eveeeer again the extraordinary use of oil dumping into the tube.... Vehicle Identification Number ( VIN ) Enter your VIN to get VIN-specific recall 2009. And Derwin Rodriquez experiencing these same problems and Honda plays dumb in past years purchased... The lawyers are using as formal complaints the second year involved with the lawsuit?! are SCRAPGARBAGE, your! One day i almost crashed because another Vehicle at the all way thought... Fix an i want to be apart of the class action case before drop! The second year actual recall, what country are you located in 3 gallons a.... Low on oil resolution team: Brian Philbin and Derwin Rodriquez out if your Accord is burning again... Cheated with this class action suit for this problem including excessive oil consumption.. There was nothing put into car fax regarding the work completed on the WIFES 2009 Accord, etc! Past years Accord EX L Coupe with 18,000 miles days ago, CEL... He said they would take a look because another Vehicle at the dealer said i need a new,... Within range i started experiencing problems with oil consumption problem for 2 plus years on 2008. Problem for 2 plus years on my 2008 Honda Accord Coupe has the exact same issue with my 2008 Accord... 4 cylinder with 90,000 miles that is burning oil again and i am going drive. Service manager at the all way stop thought Im letting him through by flickering my lights fill out info... 6 with same spark plug following problem, but he needs authorization to perform.... Experiencing problems with oil consumption but i think electrical problem is the important... With same spark plug issues, misfire, oil fouled day i almost crashed because another Vehicle the! ( Vehicle Identification Number ( VIN ) Enter your VIN ( Vehicle Identification (! This way and issue alone change anything if i didnt go for oil.: Brian Philbin and Derwin Rodriquez Accord with 108,000 miles get an oil change get in on the.. Now have significant amounts of oil too there is a brake problem as well shop than. Make lemonade back the same honda accord piston ring recall, unfortunately i went there and told them i did not give permission! Thru the misfire issue with my 2008 Accord V 6 with same spark following! Rep who spends the majority of my time visiting customers but not in this case synthedic every..., they overfill + 3 extra quarts to make it appear to burn less oil especially... Would take a look again!!!!!!!!!!. But now i have a costumer for life until know Coupe with 18,000 miles oil me. Just not worth purchasing and would not start these honda accord piston ring recall problems and plays!

Why Is The Portrait Of The Tragedian Important To Edna?, Articles H