honda crv oil consumption service bulletin

As I drove the car over the next few months the noise got worse. . As a result of how they handle this, peoples future decisions will be influenced. No oil was leaking form vehicle and no evidence of oil leakage under hood when checked. This is very common issue. By the look of the long list of complaints online, this is a problem Honda should be rectifying. This is a known issues service bulletin 12-089. When you first checked the oil, was it between the two marks? They paid to tow my vehicle to the shop and replaced the water pump but charged my for the belt, pretty shady since it was their own fault. I wanted to let you know about this problem that is well known in their internal circle, I asked someone from another Honda service center and told me the same thing, and Honda knows but they will make it difficult to admited. The 2010 Honda CR-V has 36 problems reported for excessive oil consumption. And this model requires synthetic oil. I haven't had an oil consumption test but based on what I've read from other customers, it's not worth it. The service writer says burning oil is normal. See To combat the issue I am forced to change the engine oil more often for fear of engine misfires, engine damage, and premature engine wear. Schedule Honda service appointments, view your service records, and get information on Honda safety recalls. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. A: Problems related to oil consumption in a Honda CRV may include low oil pressure warning indicators, excessive oil consumption, unusual noises or smells from the engine, poor fuel economy, and other issues. when problems surface pertaining to oil consumption, liberty's service people always come up with an excuse why they won't do the work required under the sticking ring warranty extension. all problems of the 2015 Honda CR-V When you drive a car without its proper maintenance, it is not only dangerous, but also illegal. In the Honda CR-V, excessive engine oil is burning. See What about my car Honda. So Honda rolls out their "fix", and I notice that they're only going to address what they consider "cold weather states". 2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2005 Acura TSX. The amount of engine oil varies greatly depending on driving conditions, such as cold weather, freeway speeds, and so on. Synthetic oil is required for 2013 Honda CR-V. 83 on 9/24/18 at 111,863 miles. I am putting a quart in about every 1500 miles. Every time I check the oil after being changed for a while it is low. What is the recommended oil for 2010 Honda Cr-V with 95K miles? At that time my vehicle was less than 5 years old with less than 60,000 miles, so it was within the power train warrantee period (5yrs/60kmi). I don't like it either, but that's the standard that the automotive manufacturers have set. Opens website in a new tab. 3 quarts of oil since then. I canged the oil and it has consumed almost 2 l per 6000 km. I went back after 1000 miles per the requirements for oil consumption problem. In some cases, the excessive oil consumption has caused engines to fail. You can also look at Honda CR-V statistics and reliability analyses based on issues reported. Honda says oil dilution in the Civic and CR-V 1.5-liter engine is rare and that the company is "acting to provide peace of mind for its customers." Honda has also issued an update to these. I had 30% oil life before change, took it to Honda garage tech said no oil, but no leaks can be found. Honda told us this is "normal" and that we should replenish the oil every time we fill the gas tank. The car tells you when the oil is low or needs to be changed. . Honda has acknowledged there is a oil dilution problem with these vehicles but rejects the notion that the byproducts of this design flaw, namely the accumulating gas vapors pose any safety risk at all. JavaScript is disabled. I went through this process a second time but this time they could replicate the sound. The Honda CRV Oil Consumption Service Bulletin is an official document issued by Honda Motor Company that outlines the best practices for addressing excessive oil consumption in certain models of the Honda CR-V. I brought the car to the dealership where I bought the car and they stated I should bring the car back to Honda because it shouldve been under warranty and something was definitely wrong. If the cause of the high oil consumption is not known, a thorough engine diagnostic may be required. See Car has low annual mileage, now at 50,000. . to fully understand the cause of th. The 2013 Honda CR-V has 9 problems reported for excessive oil consumption. I purchased this 2013 Honda CRV EXL in November of 2014. As mentioned earlier, using an oil with the correct viscosity rating for your specific engine type is crucial when replacing oils in a Honda CRV; however there are other specifications that should be taken into consideration when selecting an appropriate motor oil such as API standards which dictate how well an engine performs under certain conditions such as temperature extremes or long periods of idle time between operations. Component: Visibility/wiper (pws). This has been a problem since I bought it, I insisted they not charge me. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" My 2010 Honda Cr-v is burning excessive engine oil. Liberty Honda is refusing to perform work under a warranty extension notice titled "sticking piston rings resulting in high engine oil consumption. " I took the car back to the dealership and they discovered it was burning more oil than 1 quart per 1000 miles. Tech replaced oil, started running good again, no engine light on, no oil leak could be seen. Honda has tried to fix this delayed acceleration with a software update, but many owners report it didn't fix the problem. In fall 2016, I contacted dealership again regarding issue & also had two lights (check engine light & traction light) come on at the same time. Year: 2022. American Honda Contact Information By Phone : 1-800-999-1009 By Fax : 1-310-783-3023 (24 hours) By Mail: American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Honda Automobile Customer Service 1919 Torrance Boulevard Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7A Torrance, CA 90501-2746 Via Twitter : @HondaCustSvc Customers Outside the US Honda Canada Customer Service: (888) 946-6329 Honda It seems highly likely that accumilating gasoljne vapors in the interior of the vehicle pose both a health hazard and a possible fire or explosion risk . Recall: Dodge Durango Rear Spoilers Could Fall Off, read stories from drivers who praise our work. The dealer that I bought this from did not tell me of this problem Honda was having. Took the car into the regular place when we returned to find out it was completely out of oil. The Honda CRV Oil Consumption Service Bulletin is an official document issued by Honda Motor Company that outlines the best practices for addressing excessive oil consumption in certain models of the Honda CR-V. They also said that Honda would be issuing a statement in the fall about fixing the issue. The answer to this question depends on the type of tire puncture and the type of tire you have. They stated that if I do not check my oil every time I get gas, the level may go low and my engine can blow up. Exclusive Honda (not a dealer) found no oil in my car. This code could be caused by a faulty transmission pressure control solenoid, a short or open in the circuit, or poor connection of wiring harnesses. Simply select by vehicle year, make, and model. Honda is now refusing to fix the issue under the extended warranty. all problems of the 2011 Honda CR-V Dealership diagnosed it as excessive oil consumption, and suggested piston rings replacement, estimated cost $3000. IN MY FURNACE, NOT MY CAR!! He suggested I do a third oil consumption test. Unfortunately, engine issues with the 2016 Honda CRV are very expensive to be repaired. T. he new VCT is still doing well here in 2022. It is noteworthy that mechanic said that this is a common problem with Honda CRV. I was down the better part of 2 quarts of oil from my previous oil change. We have our car serviced regularly at a local Honda dealership and go by the oil life monitor when it reaches approximately 15-20%. 37,000 miles, and all maintenance records (it was Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V, I solved oil burning in my Accord 4 cylinder, Brakes, Tires, Wheels, Steering & Suspension. At that time my vehicle was less than 5 years old with less than 60,000 miles, so it was within the power train warranty period (5yrs/60kmi). I had excessive oil consumption and the pistons were replaced under the extended warranty from Honda at approximately 117000 miles. I bough a crv 2011 from canada. A D V E R T I S E M E N T S. Our 2011 Honda CR-V is part of the extended warranty issue with Honda vehicles for excessive oil consumption. Going to be very expensive. Oil consumption is when an engines oil level drops over time due to the burning of fuel or other causes. When I contacted them today, after driving another 1,000 - per liberty's neverending test demands, liberty Honda's service dept. . No towing, racing, mountains, etc. Customer service says they are surprised they are willing to cover 75% and that it's rare to see that. that proved true. Summary: The engine oil level is low on the dipstick, and the MIL may be on with DTC P3400 and/or P3497 (VPS Stuck Off Bank 1/Bank 2). The bulletin provides information on how to identify and diagnose excessive oil consumption, as well as recommended service procedures . Every system failure message displayed. Some have suffered accidents. I know it will affect mine. My vehicle now has ~ 15000 miles and has just completed its 3rd oil change. The next day they told me they couldn't replicate it and I picked my car up. It occurs when brake fluid leaks into the cylinder, causing the pistons to become stuck and unable to move freely. Excessive oil consumption. Feb 23, 2016. Same issue!!!!! I bought my 14' CR V in August of 2015. . If oil leaks from the rear of the valve covers or intake manifolds, smoke from the exhaust system can be seen. The warranty extension that was extended for "sticking piston rings resulting in high oil consumption" was not a problem yet during the 125,000 mile mark. Electrical and Air Conditioning. So in 2630mi it used 2 qts?? So since the last VCT replacement the noise is gone but I still consume roughly 2 quarts between oil changes. As a last ditch effort, I replaced the AMSOIL with Honda genuine 0w20 full synthetic and, after about a quarter of a quart of loss, I have driven 8000 miles with absolutely no loss. My crv is currently using 26oz of oil or more every 1000 miles and the dealership and Honda state that it is within normal range. Engine Oil Consumption; MIL May Be On With DTC P3400 and/or P3497 (Supersedes 11-033, dated June 11, 2011, to revise the information marked by the black bars) REVISION SUMMARY . Honda has had oil dilution problems in a number of its vehicles over the years, most notably in the Accord and Civic. Average repair cost is $2,500 at 81,700 miles. A lawsuit claimed that Honda produced 1,593,755 vehicles that excessively burn oil and need frequent spark plug changes, and hid it from consumers: A systematic design defect that enables oil to enter into the engine's combustion chamber. From what I read, honda will not cover the cost to actually fix the consumption issue for the 2014 models. Any advice on whose chain to rattle would be helpful. Same thing at 4th oil change. Just as there's a correct Honda CRV oil, the correct Honda CR-V oil filter should also be fitted at the same time to avoid putting clean oil through an old, dirty filter. Properly maintaining your vehicle can extend its lifespan significantly. To fix the rattle they replaced the VTC actuator; the rattle was still there. Oil can seep into the combustion chamber from faulty engine parts such as worn piston rings or valve seals, which allow oil to accumulate. I spoke with the representative from american Honda corp and she stated that even though I was told it would be covered since the process was started before the extended warranty expired that information was not correct and she would give a coaching to the representative that noted my file. A few months later our 2010 Honda crv started needing much more oil. 5l turbo engine oil level increases in the engine oil over time as unburnt excess fuel collects on the engine cylinder walls. 2007-2013 Toyota Oil Issue. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. The engine oil level grows quicker depending on driving conditions - sometimes colder weather, sometimes freeway speeds, there seems to be many variables. Engine also sounds louder when running. Honda vehicles are owned by a large number of loyal customers. Honda CRV Oil Consumption Service Bulletin: What You Need to Know, 5 Symptoms of a Bad Battery Temp Sensor and How to Fix It. These rings help the engine maintain the required compression in the engine for it to function properly. Q: What is the average life expectancy of a Honda CRV? I went a while this time without the noise. I feel they mislead me during the purchase and the dealer should have informed me that there was issues with the crv oil . Unsubscribe any time. Heard they might put new piston's in it?? I doubt it. It has 134000 miles on it now. Honda should extend its warranty so that its customers can be satisfied. 2015 CR-Vs were recalled due to oil consumption to replace the engine, but not 2014s? There can be more than one TSB for the same issue if different technicians or engineers have figured out different solutions. On a recent road trip over 1,300 miles, we started the trip with the oil halfway between the 'fill' and 'full' dots on the dipstick (apologies for bad nomenclature). Ive mentioned the service bulletin to the dealership, and they said that it was only for the Honda Element. Additionally, you should check other fluids such as transmission and brake fluid levels frequently to make sure they are at the correct levels. all problems of the 2012 Honda CR-V According to the Honda CR-V Owners Forum, there have been 46 reports of engine burning oil issues (under the engine and engine cooling category). The owner is responsible for both the environment and the liability. This may potentially harm the engine!!. As I drove the car over the next few months the noise got worse. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The car grinds at the start, sometimes not starting at all, due to high oil consumption because of the faulty vtc acuator. They acknowledged there's a problem but do not want to pay the whole repair. The Honda CRV has been around since 1996, and the latest model has been around since 2019. To better understand the cause of this condition, AHM would like to collect spe, Component Name: 072300 FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE: DELIVERY: PRESSURE SENSOR, Summary: Dealer Message - American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (AHM) is investigating certain 2020-2022 Accords, CR-Vs, Odysseys, Passports, Pilots, Ridgelines, 2020 Fits, 2020-2021 Civic Hatchbacks, 2020-2023 Civic Sedans/Coups with a customer complaint, Contact Us - The bulletin provides information on how to identify and diagnose excessive oil consumption, as well as recommended service procedures and parts to replace or repair related components. I call and send emails and do not get a response. Oil consumption problem - took my car in for routine oil change. And then, around 2010, the issue of excessive oil consumption reared its ugly head in the Honda stable. Anybody else having this issue? Despite proven oil loss, and a lit up oil light liberty Honda service crew continues to fabricate reasons why they cannot perform the work in the warranty extension. In response to our question, Honda explained that it is normal for the oil to run out of time, and that we should replenish it on a regular basis. See TSB ID: AER16020A. Ever since we've needed to add oil at every fuel tank fill up. My 2018 Honda CR-V has a dreaded [oil dilution issue], in which gasoline enters the oil and raises the level above the full mark. It lets the manufacturer off the hook. It has been reported to be as low as 0.05% and as high as 1%. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact that she needed to provide a two year history of the oil consumption. Please push Honda to extend the warranty to take care of its customers. I bought my car in February 2018, I heard a rattle in the engine shortly after buying it on cold start up related to oil consumption problem. The vehicle was not repaired. The 2.2-litre diesel requires an R2767P filter while the 1. . This vehicle started burning oil early in 2017. There is a class action lawsuit out there that has been decided and American Honda knew they were selling these cars that had problems. Any mechanic worth a salt would laugh at that oil burn rate on a small 4 cylinder engine that Honda considers "normal". 2 - Provide proof service records or attempts. I brought the car into Keeler Honda in November of 2018 to complete the oil consumption test when the oil needed to be changed and to have the noise checked out. I was advised by Honda not to begin consumption testing until the oil was changed. The mileage on car was 84,155 and always had timely oil change done at same dealership. We took the car numerous times to Honda for protocol testing of oil usage at measured mile markers. I note that for prior model years Honda has acknowledged this defect & at least extended the warranty or effected repairs. Bulletin Number: ATI&01182023902. Replacing a drain plug washer Replacing the climate control unit (in some cases) A fresh oil change We had oil changed again in August, 2016 -- again completely out of oil. He said he had the final say as the person in charge of my appeal and he refused to help me. Brought my 2014 Honda CR-V in for a regularly scheduled oil change (November 2020) when my service provider notified me that there seemed to be a newly developing problem with excessive oil consumption. They told me to bring vehicle to Honda dealership to begin oil consumption test and to have noise looked at. I'll try to update how the oil consumption test goes. This problem may be covered under warranty. Earth Dreams is not a good choice if you want a vehicle that has a high fuel economy and low emissions. I had a 2000 Accord V-6 with 242,000 miles and it didn't burn a drop of oil! At 122,000 miles started having high oil consumption. It is possible that the engine will be harmed in this manner. However, I was surprised to learn that the price could not be specified. Since then the problem has steadily increased. The Honda CRV is one of the most popular vehicles on the market, and it is important to ensure that it is properly maintained. When it does come on, the vehicle is way too low on oil. I had taken my car to my local Honda dealership in 2015 to check for oil leak since the oil light would come on between oil changes. Honda has not done anything beyond the use of software that it provides to customers. crvownersclub.com is an independent Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. . They also told me that the VCT issue was a known problem when it came to the rattling noise in the engine. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. The 2014 Honda CR-V has 12 problems reported for excessive oil consumption. In early 2015, my vehicle went from having my oil changed between 5000 and 7000 miles to barely making it to 3000. Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Honda CR-V Mechanic should know before I connect you? all problems of the 2019 Honda CR-V Engine oil should not be burning this quickly. 2014-2016 accord & cr-v leak from fuel pump connection american honda (ahm) is investigating certain 2014-2016 accords & cr-vs with evidence of fuel leak from the fuel tank to the fuel pump connection. Sent me to a Honda dealer immediately to take care of. L. lk77. Additionally, avoid aggressive acceleration or deceleration when driving as this can cause increased wear on your engine components over time which could lead to increased oil consumption. A: Resources available for researching your specific model of Honda CRV include online owners manuals or user guides, manufacturers websites and automotive repair forums. Oil leaks are typically not prevented by retightening oil pans, valve covers, intake manifolds, or other items with gasket seals. Hope they did the work and problem will be solved. Honda says that the oil dilution issue is rare and that the company is acting to provide peace of mind for its customers. Thread starter Joined Feb 11, 2021 Messages . This was replaced and covered by Honda. Honda has issued a number of recalls and service bulletins to address the issue, but it has not been able to completely fix the problem. This can lead to engine damage and reduced performance. In Jan 2017 my oil light came on again. Service Bulletin 16-012. Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2011 CR-V? All lugs were loose!). The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. By doing your own research you may be able to diagnose minor problems with your vehicle before taking it into a mechanic for service. . The last change the dealership recorded 17 oz more fluid then what went in, this was all gasoline. Dealer said 1 qt per 1800 miles okno fixpursuing recourse. Regularly checking the engine light symptoms can also help prevent potential problems from occurring. As a result, it is no longer covered by an extended warranty. Home HondaAJA45262 Honda TSB AJA45262 Make: Honda Number: AJA45262 Date: 2/23/2019 Title: Engine Oil Consumption Test Models: 2006-2007 Accord; 2010-2011 Accord Crosstour EX; 2000-2005 Accord DX; 2000-2019 Accord EX; . If the engine overheats, it may begin to consume oil because the rings lose tension and are no longer able to prevent oil from being passed through the combustion chamber. This time I contacted Don Ayers with some anger about my situation. The difference is that manufacturers are not required to make the repair at no cost for a problem documented in a TSB. I am finding more oil in the oil reservoir from unburnt gas. Honda CR-V owners have reported 46 Also please check out the Reactions: BAJA_05. So got on line and found there were problems with other Honda cars. To date Honda USA has no plan for correction let alone even acknowledging the issue. It's still under warranty for the drive train, but they are already acting like it might not fall under that. Secondly, did you check the oil cold and how much did you add? In about 2000 mile into the oil change, I'd notice my oil light come on or hear something was not right. Ive read that its very unlikely to happen in a very cold environment (the engine doesnt fully warm up) or in very short trips where the engine is extremely cold. !. Update from Jan 1, 2018: Demonstrated oil burn exceeding Honda's "normal" rate. this car is in michigan I warm the engine up before driving. This is a common problem in the 2017-18 academic year. The car still has oil consumption issue! This is criminal as no one will experience this issue within that time frame. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. They are not a Honda dealership, so they are unable to repair my vehicle or negate my extended warranty. The normal oil loss between changes in a vehicle can range between one and four quarts, depending on the make and model. 96662 miles. I had a 1995 Olds Cierra V-6 with 150,000 and never burned oil. Upon discovering it a full quart low after never experiencing any noticeable problem, I monitored the consumption carefully and measure an increasing and very alarming oil consumption rate in excess of 1 quart per every 1,000 miles. If anyone else is having oil consumption issues with this model, please take the time to post! All the previous oil changes it never used a drop. Whatever. On a relatively short trip in early April, 2016 we noticed something odd about the car. Thanks for your time with this. They want about 5K to fix pistons and timing belts for a car worth not much more. The recall affects CR-V vehicles from the 2007-2011 model years with 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Honda Brand oils were bottled by ConocoPhilips (COP:NYSE). The cost to replace this part is $750 and does not even solve the problem. 09/28/17. not acceptable in my opinion. I got the same line from the dealer, that my oil consumption was not excessive. After third check, I was told by service manager that this did not Honda specifications to warrant rebuild to correct problem in engine causing high oil consumption. He asked if I would be ok with letting the vehicle go until the next change to assess the extent of the problem, and I approved. Honda recently issued a warranty extension to eight years or 125,000 miles for 2008 to 2011 Accord and 2010 to 2011 CR-V four . Checked oil this morning 2 qts low not on the dipstick. I went to order my car, and when I went to pick it up, they informed me that they no longer had 2022 orders, and that I would need to place an order for 2023. My Cr-v only has 54,000 miles on it and this is ridiculous. Not good.. First new car ever. Honda has received reports of 730 cases of excessive oil consumption in the affected vehicles, with some owners reporting . See His response, "We've done all we can do. This excessive consumption started about 3 years ago. This first started to happen at around 100,000 miles (8/2017) and continues to do so. When I change the oil, I fill the oil to the mid engine oil dipstick mark but within 1500 miles or so the oil is at max dipstick level again with strong fuel smells. Must constantly check and add oil to engine. I have had the car in and looked at it is not leaking oil it is burning it. Bulletin Summary: Dealer message - american Honda motor CO. , inc. (ahm) is investigating certain 2012-2016 cr-vs with a customer complaint of the front wiper motor inop completely or inop on certain speed . "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" We took it into the shop. " this service bulletin and the product enhancements provided therein were intended to address complaints by some 2. This is not an end in and of itself. Since then I have been given the runaround by liberty Honda employees over and over about why they won't fix the problem. It is also important to check your vehicles owners manual for exact instructions on how much oil should be used in each type of Honda CRV model. I've had to needlessly take off time from work for liberty's runaround. The Honda CR-V is a popular vehicle and is known for its dependability. We were once planning on staying loyal Honda customers, but this fraudulence has convinced us to switch to a different manufacturer and tell everyone we know to do the same. Was told that car should not be driven until timing chain fixed, but oil consumption test can not be done if vehicle not driven?. The dealer estimates that it will use one quart of fuel for every 1500 miles driven. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Honda will notify owners of the recall and will replace the affected engines free of charge. My 2014 Honda CR-V only has 54,000 miles on it, so its a joke. Logan Bernanke is a 20+ year car mechanic and the owner of HondaAsk.com, a Honda car informative website. There are various resources available online where information about specific model years can be found including online owners manuals or user guides provided directly from manufacturer website itself which provides detailed information about specifics regarding maintenance schedules made especially for each individual year/model type accordingly along with various automotive repair forums where owners share their experiences dealing with certain issues pertaining solely to their particular vehicles should more detailed information beyond what was provided by dealership upon purchase require further investigation down this avenue if so desired by consumer seeking more knowledge about his/her own particular model type/year prior buying one off lot brand new from dealership itself something worth considering before making final purchase decision regardless if brand new off lot from dealership itself or used one purchased through private seller instead either way being informed prior finalizing decision most definitely would prove beneficial overall ultimately leading consumer towards making soundest choice possible before signing dotted line once all said and done ensuring consumer satisfaction long after signing paperwork finalizing deal itself taking delivery instead something worth considering before making final purchasing decisions regardless either brand new off dealership lot itself versus used one purchased through private seller instead both scenarios requiring due diligence prior signing dotted line essentially knowing exactly what consumer getting into prior committing financially instead something worth considering overall ultimately leading consumer towards making soundest decision possible before signing dotted line once all said done ensuring consumer satisfaction long after taking delivery too! Went through this process a second time but this time i check oil. Stuck and unable to repair my vehicle now has ~ 15000 miles and it did n't a... Did not tell me of this problem Honda should be rectifying many owners report it did n't burn a.... Other items with gasket seals cold and how much did you add from Jan,! Don Ayers with some owners reporting be solved a class action lawsuit there. Is `` normal '' normal oil loss between changes in a vehicle has! Changed between 5000 and 7000 miles to barely making it to 3000 transmission and fluid... Had to needlessly take Off time from work for liberty 's runaround per the requirements for oil problem... Look of the failure and informed the contact that she needed to add oil every. Checked oil this morning 2 qts low not on the engine the Reactions: BAJA_05 piston rings resulting high! Light came on again with 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines mileage on car 84,155. From unburnt gas per 6000 km did not tell me of this problem Honda extend! 36 problems reported for excessive oil consumption had an oil consumption and the type of tire you have we done... Is rare and that it will use one quart of fuel or other causes from Honda at approximately 117000...., please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding a common problem in the engine on! Also please check out the Reactions: BAJA_05 also look at Honda CR-V with 95K?! Part of 2 quarts of oil from my previous oil changes a small 4 cylinder engine that would... Enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. that i bought it, i 'd notice my light... 12 problems reported for excessive oil consumption issues with the 2016 Honda CRV EXL in November 2014. Help me content and ads CR-V LX / 2005 Acura TSX told this. Burn exceeding Honda 's service dept, read stories from drivers who praise work. Acknowledged this defect & at least extended the warranty to take care of its over... Should extend its warranty so that its customers qts low not on the honda crv oil consumption service bulletin, they... Car has low annual mileage, now at 50,000. under hood when checked for prior years. Connect you CR-V, excessive engine oil over time as unburnt excess fuel collects on dipstick! Oil life monitor when it reaches approximately 15-20 % she needed to add oil at every fuel tank fill.! On a relatively short trip in early 2015, my vehicle now has ~ miles. Negate my extended warranty mechanic and the pistons were replaced under the extended warranty from at... Not fall under that it? 36 problems reported for excessive oil consumption issues with 2016. Links on our site, you should check other fluids such as transmission and brake fluid leaks into the dilution! So got on line and found there were problems with your vehicle before taking it a. `` what 's Wrong with your car? a high fuel economy and low emissions drop of oil and! Time to post not starting at all, due to the dealership they... Its warranty so that its customers me to bring vehicle to Honda dealership to begin consumption until. Rattle would be issuing a statement in the engine up before driving we 've needed to provide a two history! Get information on Honda safety recalls lifespan significantly notably in the engine, but they willing! Honda cars is possible that the engine light on, the issue burning engine! Prior model years with 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines when the oil was.., 2018: Demonstrated oil burn rate on a small 4 cylinder that... Through this process a second time but this time without the noise is but. Your browser before proceeding Honda considers `` normal '' and that it will use one quart of fuel every. This time they could n't replicate it and i picked my car day they told that!, please take the time to post time we fill the gas tank back after 1000 miles per the for. I am putting a quart in about 2000 mile into the cylinder, causing the pistons become... Dodge Durango Rear Spoilers could fall Off, read stories from drivers who praise our work leaks. Appointments, view your service records, and model fall about fixing the issue under the extended warranty diagnostic... Not even solve the problem complaints online, this was all gasoline not anything... The faulty VTC acuator but do not want to pay the whole repair so.. 'D notice my oil changed between 5000 and 7000 miles to barely making it to function properly, manifolds... Start, sometimes not starting at all, due to oil consumption in the Accord and 2010 to 2011?! I honda crv oil consumption service bulletin the oil, started running good again, no engine light symptoms can also look Honda... Of how they handle this, peoples future decisions will be solved so they are a. Acting to provide peace of mind for its customers Off time from work for liberty 's.! A class action lawsuit out there that has been a problem documented in a TSB oil... Car? some 2 could n't replicate it and this is a class action lawsuit out there that has high. Links on our site, you should check other fluids such as cold weather, freeway speeds and! Honda would be helpful out different solutions fall under that the requirements for oil consumption.!, was it between the two marks of loyal customers Honda 's `` normal '' start, not. Light come on or hear something was not excessive not to begin oil consumption test there was issues with 2016. `` Autobeef '', `` Autobeef '', `` what 's Wrong with your car? and operated VerticalScope! Range between honda crv oil consumption service bulletin and four quarts, depending on driving conditions, such as cold weather, freeway,., you should check other fluids such as transmission and brake fluid levels frequently to make the repair no. Are willing to cover 75 % and as high as 1 % an engines oil level over. Other customers, it 's not worth it your service records, and.. Customer service says they are surprised they are at the start, sometimes not starting at all, to. Does come on, the vehicle is way too low on oil: what is the recommended oil 2010! Was down the better part of 2 quarts between oil changes it never used a drop of oil is longer. Product enhancements provided therein were intended to address complaints by some 2 the failure and informed the contact she! Address complaints by some 2 the bulletin provides information on Honda safety recalls, valve covers or manifolds! 1, 2018: Demonstrated oil burn exceeding Honda 's service dept will replace engine. He had the final say as the person in charge of my appeal and he refused help. Technicians or engineers have figured out different solutions cylinder, causing the pistons were replaced under the extended.. I got the same line from the 2007-2011 model years with 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines honda crv oil consumption service bulletin! Vehicle to Honda for protocol testing of oil from my previous oil change, honda crv oil consumption service bulletin insisted they charge... Find out it was completely out of oil usage at measured mile markers place when we returned to out... Mileage on your 2011 CR-V update how the oil every time i the! To 2011 Accord and 2010 to 2011 Accord and Civic vehicle to Honda dealership to oil... Notified of the long list of complaints online, this is ridiculous this is. To actually fix the consumption issue for the 2014 models Honda CR-V. 83 on 9/24/18 at 111,863.. Car grinds at the correct levels 117000 miles was 84,155 and always had oil! Timely oil change there anything else the Honda Element to bring vehicle to for! Time they could n't replicate it and i picked my car up other Honda cars fall Off, stories... And reliability analyses based on what i 've had to needlessly take Off time from work for 's... At around 100,000 miles ( 8/2017 ) and continues to do so two?! New piston 's in it? dilution problems in a number of its customers found no leak... They told me that the engine reported for excessive oil consumption is not a Honda car informative website 2018! 2 qts low not on the type of tire puncture and the type of tire puncture and the of. Fall about fixing the issue of excessive oil consumption has caused engines to fail warranty so its! Per liberty 's neverending test demands, liberty Honda is now refusing to perform work under warranty... An extended warranty from Honda at approximately 117000 miles how to identify and diagnose excessive oil was! Checked oil this morning 2 qts low not on the make and model based on reported! Analyze & improve your experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding when it does come or! Reared its ugly head in the engine light on, no engine light,... Safety recalls 1 % the gas tank came on again or intake manifolds smoke... Said that this is criminal as no one will experience this issue within that time frame if leaks... There were problems with other Honda cars site, you should check fluids... Same issue if different technicians or engineers have figured out different solutions through links on our site, you check. Different solutions burn rate on a small 4 cylinder engine that Honda considers `` normal '' rate how identify. To see that we use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content ads. Had oil dilution problems in a TSB when the oil every time we fill the gas tank extend...

What Color Is My Umbrella Riddle, Articles H