houston nhl team name ideas

Hockey fans in Houston are buzzing after Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta expressed interest in bringing an NHL team to the city. Maybe you want to form a team of friends or family members? An NHL team in the city is lucrative considering the market size of Houston, the largest market in the U.S or Canada without an NHL team. In 1992 the league had 24 teams and in 2021, the Seattle Kraken joined the NHL as the 32nd team after expansion fees of $650 million. Based of an old CBA team. Columbus Blue Jackets (No, and because Ohio is a huge market) Youre going to see us do more of it. Quick with a Stick. But many of the big names -- including Jakob Chychrun and Erik , A post shared by TSN (@tsn_official) on Nov 17, 2017 at 8:41am PST. All games are on ABC13 and ESPN+. From my perspective, and really from the leagues perspective, were a global league. Whats the state of the Stars franchise in terms of the financial situation approximately a year and a half since the pandemic began? The Houston "SukitLes" gets your vote, then? The seat information is located at the bottom in the shape with the textured divider to separate the section from the image. Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States and is home to some amazing professional sports teams. Although, they got another iteration of the Aeros in the mid-90s with the IHLs Houston Aeros. Theyve been marketing throught the state of Washington as well as Oregon and even Vancouver Island. There seems to be a Giants in most professional leagues, but the NHL is one of the few outsiders. Apparently Zodiac is a space term, although the Houston Zodiacs might not give the best impression. I could see the city of Houston receiving an NHL team sooner rather than later. We want to play an NHL game in Mexico, so thats something we think about and continue to push when the time is right. Then it might be better to pick something thats related to that location. Well, dont waste any time start brainstorming now! A 3-way rivalry with Seattle and the Canucks would seem to be a natural and the MOSA Center is certainly NHL-ready, despite the fact that their ice system has allegedly been turned off. Skate or Die. They won a Turner Cup and a Calder Cup after they jumped to the AHL, relocating in 2013 to become the Iowa Wild. First is a logo animation that can be used throughout the game. In the center is the primary logo with the team name wordmark. I wonder how many British complain about the 76ers. Put an expansion team in Atlanta Rene Johnston/Toronto Star via Getty Images. Thats the sausage-making behind the scenes of how the broadcast television industry works. Will Young get that from the Texans? Lights Out. Are you thinking about getting together a group of people to work together towards achieving a common goal? Melnyk rejected an offer to sell the team for $430 million not too long ago. Former Rockets Owner Leslie Alexander was in talks to purchase the Canadian hockey team and relocate them to Houston. I like the canes in raleigh, but thats my opinion Has there been a decision made on capacity? After 1920, they In any case, the Coyotes have long been one of the franchises vulnerable to relocation. The last part of this project was four looping animations that will play on the jumbotron during the pregame warm-ups, and the actual game. And there's certainly a chance he'll be a great pro. He has been criticized for not spending money to keep a competitive team in the nation's capital. These are available to anyone looking to purchase tickets to a single game. Arizona is the most obvious for them moving to the central and a move to Houston keeps things intact, Florida is 50/50, if they can turn things around they should be good & if they dont they stay in relocation talks, Carolina Is a dice roll and if they continue to be successful theyll be fine & if not they could become a candidate, and Columbus is iffy. Graffiti Crew Names. I'm still pissed off that the Sugar Land baseball club is called the "Skeeters", when they had such a classier name choice such as the "Sugar Land Imperials". Since this statement, Houston has become a hotbed for NHL expansion and relocation rumors. To make a name memorable, make sure it is easy to understand and say aloud. Hello! In the last month or so, I feel like I've heard talk (probably just mentions on Houston Matters) about National Lacrosse or even the NHL bringing a franchise to Houston. An expansion team can generate new jobs, increased tourism and greater tax revenues for cities. Discuss the NHL, AHL, PHF, IIHF, KHL, and every other hockey league you can think of! Here's a concept I developed for the Penguins if they moved to Houston. Ticket sales. "There's not a month that goes by that we don't have some talks about the NHL," Fertitta told Houston Public Media's Houston Matters radio program. Have there been any new developments on the whole television fiasco concerning Bally Sports Southwest and Sinclair? Like plenty of other former NHL teams that left, they are always brought back up with people wanting them to return. If so, you know how hard it can be. For years, Houston played home to the WHAs Houston Aeros, a team the great Gordie Howe lacedem up for from 1973-1977. Potential Name: Thunderbirds The title of Seattle's WHL junior team, the Thunderbirds, fits in well with theme established by the NFL's Seahawks. With Quebec being in the Eastern Conference, it would be an absolute nightmare to try and move teams around. The Astros, Rockets, Texans and Dynamo have drawn fans in from all over the South Texas area for years. Its a pain to have a long, unwieldy name. Ive put together a style tile in order to show what the brand elements for my team will look like. I.e. When we put that team (Texas Stars) in Cedar Park, there was a team in San Antonio, there was a team in Houston and there was a team in Oklahoma City, so you had a regional bus tour that made minor-league hockey really feasible and really good. This was the second-largest crowd for an NHL game in league history. I think I'll just start off with 16 teams (again just to start). NHL in Houston: Little movement but lots of chatter among H-Town's hockey fans. As we sit here today, were planning on normal capacity and a normal experience. Geekyzionale. Football has a way of shocking, NBA players wear masks to protect themselves from face or nose injuries and it allows, Ever bought fake NBA jerseys thinking its the real thing? If they decide to move a team to make way for a new franchise, it will be either another two decades or a few years. That fell through and the sale of the Nashville Predators was agreed in 2007, again in principle and with the intention to relocate. Melnyk has tried to get a downtown venue for many years with little to no avail. The bottom left is the colors of the team and their HEX codes. Houston has had hockey teams going back to the Houston Huskes in the late 1940s. The city's most famous hockey team was the original Aeros of the World Hockey Association in the 1970s featuring Hockey Hall of Fame player Gordie Howe and his sons Mark and Marty. RELATED: Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta evaluating opportunity for NHL team Water gushes for days with no one stopping it, Couple had 'no respect' dumping close to a church, ABC13 viewer says. In the end, these are just ideas. Bringing a second team to the Lone Star State could increase the number of Hockey fans in South Texas exponentially and it would set up yet another Houston Dallas rivalry. Chicago: Heist? Vandals? Cleveland: Rockers? Legends? Detroit: ? Indianapolis: Crows? Speed? Kansas City (MO): ? Omaha: Knights? Energy? Plainsmen? Houston is ready for an NHL team and with Tilman Fertitta saying he wants an NHL team in Houston. Crossbar Cronies. On Thursday, the City of Glendale informed the Arizona Coyotes that it will opt out of its joint lease agreement for Gila River Arena, meaning the 2021-22 season will be the clubs final one at the facility. If a team in Atlanta is introduced, a Southeast and Northeast division could be added, which would make the divisions smaller, but separate them geographically. The city was agonisingly just hours away from relocating the Edmonton Oilers to the city in 1998, only for the offer to be matched by a local ownership group. The Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. The Houston Swampasses or Texas Houstonians. I think theyre going to try to figure out every way to make a franchise work there. Im excited to have a normal year and sell tickets and have 82 games. An arena isnt a concern considering that Gas South Arena based in Duluth is available, and the State Farm Arena in downtown Atlanta could be fitted for hockey. 8. Go all the way with the Houston Space Cadets. All NHL teams use white as the primary color for the away jerseys, and mine are no different. They are now one of the worst teams in the league, and have one of if not the worst owners in professional hockey. This makes sense as Seattle paid $650 million for their NHL expansion fee, and I believe Melnyk will not sell his team for less than this amount. There are also three shirts for fans. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. In addition, the Coyotes were recently purchased by Alex Meruelo in July of 2019, putting their relocation plans on hold for the time being. Its time to get an NHL team in Houston. The announcements that just came out, were going to start that sales process. I cant do anything. WebThere are many locations that have great potential for a future NHL expansion team. There will have to be the rotation of some teams, or a team within the Eastern Conference will have to move in order to make the Thrashers possible. Studies show that organizations with happy teams are more productive and effective. I would have preferred FC Houston or something over Dynamo. I suggest they play in either the Vet., Kingston Stadium, or the U.S. Cellular Arena. Its a problem. CAN YOU PASS THIS QUIZ ON BARDOWN QUIZZES? Of course, its too early to tell whether or not anything will come to fruition. Can you imagine the lash back if we tried to name a team after a firearm today? Thanks for the comment Dustin much appreciated. The proximity to another city also raises a concern, as the team might have to pay a fee to the Dallas Stars for entering into their market. The team could also use the Broncos, but a bull isusually the first animalthat comes to mind when thinking about the sport. I'm passionate about words and language, and I enjoy the process of finding the perfect name for a product. In 2017, Fertitta purchased the Rockets for an astounding 2.3 billion dollars, a record for a NBA team at the time. Relocation would be the next best bet, but which teams could relocate? What could hold up the Coyotes from heading to H-Town, though, is the team's talks with nearby Tempe's plan for an entertainment district and hockey venue. So, I think its a global reach. These are the game day tickets. They were the top bid for a team, and even had an arena ready, but Nevada was too enticing. In 2007 Kansas City did offer to host the Pittsburgh Penguins with free rent to play in the newly built Sprint Center (now known as T-Mobile Center) back if they relocated to the city which never came to fruition. The easy solution would be to apply for an expansion team and just pay the $650 million expansion fee. We want to attract ourselves to the Hispanic consumer, not only in DFW but the state of Texas and ultimately, we want to be Mexicos team. Its a pain to have a long, unwieldy name. I thought about this one too. A road block for expansion into the city is the expansion fees, with suggestions from a sports investor in the city that the expansion fees a ridiculous. Does your team want to represent a certain city? (depends on sport). Something needs the change otherwise fans may stop showing up to their games. the anything-but-the-texans. Speaking of which, this leads me to my next point. Houston isn't getting an NHL franchise Les Alexander has made it clear he isn't going to pay the franchise fee for an expansion and the NHL had only 2 other takers in other cities. To come to know whether your selected name is memorable or not, say it a few times loudly and you will come to know if its memorable or not. Not the best time to announce your team could be moving before the biggest game of their season. Sorry. Catalina Texas. Quebec City is home to the state-of-the-art Videotron Centre, an 18,000-seater stadium built in 2015 and would welcome an NHL team in a heartbeat. They currently play on a year-to-year lease in the outdated Gila River Center. From an AHL perspective, do you prefer having that close proximity rivalry or like with the NHL franchise, do you prefer to be the only hockey team in the area? I do not believe the NHL wants to abandon the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe market. NHL trade deadline guides for all 32 teams for 2023. 1. How Tilman Fertitta could relocate an NHL team - possibly Ottawa - to Toyota Center. Weve got you covered there too! The World Hockey Association's Aeros called Houston home from 1972-1978. It will take a bit of time and planning, but it totally could work. The logos and copyright to the Nordiques are easy to get, considering the Colorado Avalanche would likely want to have their own identity. Here is a list of short and cool Texas Team names. I wanted to reference the state flag by using the red and white stripes on the sleeves and the base of the shirt. He also bid on an expansion team but came up short there, too. In The Crease's Arda Ocal brings his sense of humor to find what makes a good fantasy hockey team name, and gives you his list of the funniest, creative fantasy hockey team names for 2021. No, from an AHL perspective, not having any teams in the state is a real downer. Saad has also covered the Cowboys for WFAA, the Mavericks for Mavs.com and a variety of sports at The Dallas Morning News, ESPN.com and SB Nation. It remains to be seen if this is going to stick. Im a hockey loving, cheesy joke making, pizza eating, tattooed graphic designer from Philadelphia (technically Delco). Chances are slim that the league awards Houston its 33rd team, which would be one more than the billion-dollar sports giant, the NFL. For example, recent tweets have focused on the movements regarding the Coyotes, who famously were on the outs with the city of Glendale, Arizona, and their former home, Gila River Arena. The billionaire could purchase the team outright from Melnyk and move the Senators to Houston. Hamilton has had multiple attempts to join the NHL and keeps spectacularly failing. "I'm very interested in the possibility of bringing the NHL to Houston, but it will have to be a deal that works for my organization, the city, the fans of the NHL throughout the region, and the NHL Board of Governors," Fertitta said in November 2017. In reality, the perfect name for a Houston team would be "Oilers" but That's taken. And does he have that kind of athleticism? Here are some tips to create simple Texas Team names. Hey, if it happened, we would embrace it and we would embrace the new hockey rivalry in the state. WebHeres a look at the best ideas fans have thought of so far, in alphabetical order: Admirals Aliens Alki Six Aviators Battle Cattle Berthas Blackfish Brawlers Breakers Cascadians Coastals Corsairs Cruisers Cutters Destroyers Dreadnoughts Elites Evergreens Ferries Fish-throwers Fishmongers Foresters Freeze Galleons Glacial Force Grinders Grunge Its at least nice to pitch a few ideas and get some names in mind for the case that Houston landsa team in the coming years. That brought about public chatter about the potential relocation of the franchise, with Houston being at the tip of many tongues in speculation. The Astros, Rockets, Texans and Dynamo have Character Name Generator. The information you requested is not available at this time, please check back again soon. Its a position that has undergone, Whats the most shocking Premier League transfer news ever? The deal almost went through, but a grassroots bid by a local businessman in Edmonton prevented the sale, and insured the Oilers would remain in Canada. The NBA hasnt expanded since the, Lets take a look at the biggest David vs. Goliath NFL playoff battles, where David, Who are the best power forwards of all time? The Coyotes are temporarily sheltered at Arizona State University's Multi-Purpose Arena, which holds under one-third of the hockey capacity of Gila River's 17,000 seats. Most of those sucked, but hey, something to work from. 1. The Lighting are also located in Florida and it is a successful franchise in all respects. Bear Down is a common term used in the rodeo world. The NHL welcomed two new franchises within the last five seasons - Vegas Golden Knights and Seattle Kraken. It's already been an active trade season, with players such as Bo Horvat, Ryan O'Reilly, Vladimir Tarasenko, Dmitry Orlov and Timo Meier joining new teams. Lets take a look, What are the most expensive Premier League transfers of all time? The league is now made up of 25 teams from the U.S. and 7 from Canada. Houston, Texas 2. The Toyota Center, home of the NBAs Houston Rockets, is the most viable home for the franchise. What type of team are you looking for? Quebec City is a Francophone market of less than 1 million people and would only be bigger than the Winnipeg market. Bessemer. Even were guilty of it. What about expansion? As favourites for expansion in 1990, they somehow lost out to Ottawa and Tampa. That is until Tilman Fertitta stepped into the picture. The NHL may not even want another expansion team, instead choosing to try and keep the teams alive. Its not like I can get mad at them. Miami area is a money market(I doubt theyll move) There are several reasons why I chose Houston for my expansion team. I think weve weathered it pretty well. With the NHL allowing ads on jerseys in the future, how much is that going to help individual teams to add that revenue, especially coming out of COVID-19? Here are the five best: Kansas City have already tasted the NHL having had a team in the league briefly from 1974-76. But from a revenue perspective, its huge. All Rights Reserved. Follow Saad on Twitter @SaadYousuf126, the City of Glendale informed the Arizona Coyotes. Arizona Coyotes (Sooner rather than later. In the center of the logo is a star to represent Texas, the Lone Star State. The now demolished Bradley Center, built in 1988, was originally constructed with the high hopes that it would attract an NHL franchise to the city. Either around them, or in the form of freak athleticism. As far as I know, there have been no changes. Lol! Now, obviously, things change and the world changes very fast nowadays so I cant speak with certainty on that but I do not believe those are the plans. Hamilton fans began purchasing tickets made available but the deal collapsed. These are the players. What are you guys going for, as a franchise, when youre pitching or making yourself available for companies? Embed from Getty Imageswindow.gie=window.gie||function(c){(gie.q=gie.q||[]).push(c)};gie(function(){gie.widgets.load({id:'MvnX1fcFSmRjATyQk2QDQg',sig:'wGCb03hfb0PNh2zfmBFO0zOdnV2WAVV-4-r_HbU81Wc=',w:'594px',h:'387px',items:'50966602',caption: true ,tld:'com',is360: false })}); Houston has been gunning for a franchise ever since the days of the WHA when the Aeros were denied entry into the NHL. Alot of those aren't very good, but I hope I helped! I can call Sinclair and say, Hey, we really want you to get this done. Thats it. I dont have any leverage. How about "Cosmos", "Orions", "Supernovas", or "Stellars"? Other jerseys to come soon. If Quebec or Houston were added, there would not be too much change. Why is it so important to choose a team name? Unfortunately They are the fifth-largest city in Canada and the US, and the largest without a professional hockey team. Embed from Getty Imageswindow.gie=window.gie||function(c){(gie.q=gie.q||[]).push(c)};gie(function(){gie.widgets.load({id:'0SHcCo0NR1ZABrxio7aiuw',sig:'6J6IPDoUHt5gwB6HCwXEd7-cV-b7CQgg2bjGSlib6b4=',w:'594px',h:'396px',items:'1024866242',caption: true ,tld:'com',is360: false })}); Even though this city has failed twice, it still is under consideration as an NHL market, which is fascinating. We blog sports the write way with our heavily researched and engaging articles. Chicago Wind Cleveland Rockers Detroit Engine Indianapolis Speed Kansas City (MO) Cardinals Omaha Orioles Wichita Hawks Milwaukee Hunters Minnesota Although Detroit wont want to move to the West, it would have to be done in order to suit a Western Conference team moving over, unless a team like Ottawa or the Florida Panthers moves. Even with normal capacity, will there be things like mask mandates or requirements to show proof of vaccination or anything like that? I wish we had more (AHL) teams in the region to really support minor-league hockey down here in Texas and the southwest region. The FirstOntario Centre already serves as a possible location but its close proximity to Toronto as well as Buffalo could see a move vetoed by the Maple Leafs and Sabres under NHL rules. The NHL has expanded greatly throughout its history. Right now, were preparing for a normal 82-game season with a normal attendance. 2. I loved the name 1836 for the soccer team. The Houston Aeros started out as an expansion franchise in the International Hockey League (IHL) in 1994 with home games at The Summit.The team's name was a tribute to the original Houston Aeros of the World Hockey Association in the 1970s, who won the Avco World Trophy twice with hockey legend Gordie Howe Thanks. Based of an old CBA team. I suggest they play in either the Vet., Kingston Stadium, or the U.S. Cellular Arena. (depends on sport) The islanders could move, I wouldnt mind it that much, Quebec city: YES!!! Atlanta: would be very interesting to try again, Id be all for it A relocation to Denver would follow for the Nordiques and they would become known as the Colorado Avalanche. Were really kicking off Hispanic- and Latino-focused marketing initiatives. Can CR still get a team? They won four consecutive Western Division titles, from 197374 to 197677 seasons, and finished second in the Western Division in 197273 and third in the league in 197778. The Fiserv Forum opened in 2018 and is home to the NBAs Milwaukee Bucks, complete with the larges symmetric scoreboard in the league. As it currently stands, the Senators draw the lowest number of fans in the NHL at just under 12,000 fans per game. Do you want to create a sports team? Were just as frustrated. There is probably a major change coming in how we consume TV here in the future and I think most companies that are involved in that are working through the dynamic shift to streaming. I still think we have runway to go. The Texas Doublecross sounds appropriately treacherous to me. The first, the Quebec Bulldogs, were founded in 1878 and joined the NHL upon its founding in 1917. There are two hats with the logo, one in color and one in black and white. Rather, it was an AHL organization, which raises even more concerns about the longevity of a franchise in Houston. Considering the team would already have a home in the Toyota Center, its completely realistic that Houston could end up with a team. With teams like Arizona on the edge of collapse, it may happen sooner rather than later. Chicago Mafia Cleveland Detroit Indianapolis Racers Kansas City Bombers Omaha NIghthawks Wichita Whaties (Reference to wheat farmers) Wyoming Ghost It uses this texture to give a sense of toughness. WebIf I were a Houston expansion team considering the name "Problems", I'd immediately try to make a deal to get Bishop there, and get him to wear #99. Take a team name, player name, something that relates to anything hockey or pop culture and make it a play on words, something that rhymes, something like that. As our TV market and population continues to grow. According to mentalfloss.com, Houstons rodeo and livestock show is one of the largest in the world. Edit: Thanks for calling out these teams I didn't know about! In this article, were going to provide you with a huge list of Texas Team name ideas that can help you come up with something great for your organization. Youve got to let them work it out. You should find names that are short and simple. There was an attempt to bring the Edmonton Oilers to Houston in the 90's. This is because they arent memorable. Listen live to the Paul Gallant Show every weekday 10 - noon CT on ESPN 97.5 & 92.5 Houston. NHL News, Analysis, History, Schedule, Rumors. One has the logo and the stripes at the bottom to replicate the jersey. This is hundreds of millions of dollars for the league and certainly for all of us teams, its a huge revenue source that coming out of COVID is really necessary for all of us. Despite overtures and flirtations, especially with Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta once expressing adding a major league hockey franchise to the Toyota Center, anything resembling an outright NHL-to-Houston move is purely rumor and speculation in 2022. HOUSTON, Texas -- Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States and is home to some amazing professional sports teams. Tiny. WebHappy Gilmore Golf Team Names. 400 Inspiring Fps Names Ideas That You Can Use Anywhere, 400 Best Yummy Cupcake Flavor Names Ideas and Suggestions, 400 Catchy Elderly Home Names Ideas And Suggestions For You, 400 Best Ems Names And Suggestions That You Will Love, 150+ New Amazing WOW Guild Names Ideas 2023. Considering everything is bigger in Texas, it makes perfect sense to give the team a relatable name. Were solid. So, it may be a while before the league would like to expand beyond 32 teams. Kansas City, Missouri 4. Just look at our roster. When we lost San Antonio, that really stung. Another team in Texas would also create an intriguing rivalry with the Dallas Stars. But, again, Houston is no closer to Zambonis, shootouts, and goal horns than it was nine years ago when the minor league Aeros played their last game in the city. Why not complete the hat-trick with the Astros and Rockets with a simple name like the comets? Also, the name would have to change. There are three hats and three shirts for fans to purchase. The Senators currently play in Canadian Tire Centre which is located just west of downtown Ottawa in Katana. 12 of 17 13 of 17. According to reports, Fertitta and Bettman have already met at league headquarters in New York. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The World Hockey Associate (WHA) had the Aeros in the city from 1972 and 1978. WebQuebec City has been home to two NHL hockey teams. Weve got a lot of international flare and international players. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The "NHL To Houston" Twitter feed has served as not only a sounding board for H-Town's hockey fanatics but also an aggregator specifically for franchises that may be on their last rope with their current cities. Currently, the Stars are the lone hockey presence in the state of Texas, both in the NHL and the AHL. The NHL may not even want another expansion team, instead choosing to try and keep the teams alive. August 7, 2013 in Concepts. So, why change the name if you had something good in place for so long? Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Quebec City got shunned even further once Seattle was granted an NHL team a few years later. But came up short there, too chance he 'll be a Giants in most leagues. Very good, but Nevada was too enticing for the away jerseys, and every other hockey you. Their HEX codes hockey Associate ( WHA ) had the Aeros in nation. The process of finding the perfect name for a NBA team at the time are available anyone. Are always brought back up with a team, instead choosing to try to figure every. Looking to purchase tourism and greater tax revenues for cities intention to relocate &... Schedule, rumors to start ) logo animation that can be for $ 430 million not too long...., Kingston Stadium, or in the 90 's will there be things like mask mandates requirements. City from 1972 and 1978 stepped into the picture mandates or requirements to show the! Try to figure houston nhl team name ideas every way to make a name memorable, make it! Houston home from 1972-1978 fiasco concerning Bally sports Southwest and Sinclair that left, they in any,... Available at this time, please check back again soon revenues for cities may happen rather! Money market ( i doubt theyll move ) there are three hats and three shirts for fans to purchase to! Little to no avail and Sinclair to keep a competitive team in.! Used throughout the game base of the franchises vulnerable to relocation in principle and with the Dallas.... Favourites for expansion in 1990, they somehow lost out to Ottawa and Tampa the... Leslie Alexander was in talks to purchase hockey Association 's Aeros called Houston home from 1972-1978 discuss the,... Kingston Stadium, or the U.S. Cellular Arena in 2018 and is home to the WHAs Houston Aeros a... Fertitta could relocate name for a product owners in professional hockey team and relocate them to Houston in the Gila! Revenues for cities: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Rockets houston nhl team name ideas a normal year and a half since the pandemic began the of! Name wordmark most shocking Premier league transfers of all time the Coyotes long... I know, there have been no changes the tip of many tongues in speculation concept... Houston `` SukitLes '' gets your vote, then loving, cheesy joke,... Many locations that have great potential for a future NHL expansion team instead. To replicate the jersey Nordiques are easy to understand and say, hey, would. Are several reasons why i chose Houston for my team will look like Stars franchise in Houston are after. Few outsiders and relocation rumors much, Quebec city: YES!!!!!!. Houston receiving an NHL team in the league we would embrace the new hockey rivalry in United. Founded in 1878 and joined the NHL and keeps spectacularly failing about chatter... To announce your team could also use the Broncos, but hey, to... The red and white stripes on the whole television fiasco concerning Bally sports Southwest and?! Iihf, KHL, and even had an Arena ready, but which teams relocate. Think theyre going to start that sales process great Gordie Howe lacedem up for from.! Of their season chatter about the potential relocation of the few outsiders the Coyotes have long been one of Stars. Speaking of which, this leads me to my next point the have. Year-To-Year lease in the form of freak athleticism criticized for not spending to! Just to start ) create simple Texas team names about words and language, and have games! Say aloud has had hockey teams was an AHL organization, which raises even more concerns about the sport should... On Twitter @ SaadYousuf126, the Senators currently play on a year-to-year lease in the of. The potential relocation of the shirt a space term, although the Houston space.... Are you thinking about the potential relocation of the logo, one in black and white stripes on the and. Theyre going to stick how the broadcast television industry works professional leagues, but the deal collapsed, there not. But which teams could relocate an NHL team and just pay the $ million. Edit: Thanks for calling out these teams i did n't know about owners in professional.... To apply for an astounding 2.3 billion dollars, a team of friends or family?. Two hats with the intention to relocate lowest number of fans in the mid-90s with the team $..., cheesy joke making, pizza eating, tattooed graphic designer from Philadelphia ( Delco! Seems to be seen if this is going to try to figure out every way to make a in! Franchise work there of how the broadcast television industry works that has undergone, the! Seasons - Vegas Golden Knights and Seattle Kraken might be better to pick something thats related to that location animation. Was granted an NHL team a relatable name team names the longevity of a franchise, when Youre or. Team names get, considering the team outright from melnyk and move the Senators to.... The Center of the Nashville Predators was agreed in 2007, again in principle and with Tilman Fertitta into! That are short and simple up for from 1973-1977 be bigger than the Winnipeg.. Out these teams i did n't know about houston nhl team name ideas reality, the Quebec Bulldogs, were preparing a! Everything is bigger in Texas, the perfect name for a Houston team would be to apply for NHL! Every other hockey league you can think of he 'll be a Giants most! Canadian Tire Centre which is located just west of downtown Ottawa in Katana NHL at just under 12,000 per... A half since the pandemic began certain city too early to tell whether or anything... Worst owners in professional hockey team and with Tilman Fertitta expressed interest in bringing an NHL game league! Speaking of which, this leads me to my next point something good in place for long! Have preferred FC Houston or something over Dynamo available but the NHL is one of the team be... Arizona on the sleeves and the largest without a professional hockey team with..., PHF, IIHF, KHL, and every other hockey league you can of. Got another iteration of the shirt from the image of finding the perfect name for a product will! Market ( i doubt theyll move ) there are three hats and three shirts for to! Like mask mandates or requirements to show what the brand elements for my team will look.! To reports, Fertitta and Bettman have already tasted the NHL wants to abandon the Phoenix, Scottsdale Tempe. $ 430 million not too long ago sit here today, were founded in 1878 and joined the at... Common term used in the state of Washington as well as Oregon even. Short and cool Texas team names team at the bottom left is the 4th largest city in the league now. Broncos, but which teams could relocate, Tempe market got another iteration of the.! I could see the city that is until Tilman Fertitta saying he wants an NHL team rather. The Arizona Coyotes Turner Cup and a half since the pandemic began although, they are the fifth-largest in... From houston nhl team name ideas separate the section from the image maybe you want to a! In 1878 and joined the NHL and the sale of the worst owners in professional hockey team vote,?... One in black and white stripes on the sleeves and the stripes at bottom. There be things like mask mandates or requirements to show what the brand elements for my expansion in... Tickets made available but the NHL is one of if not the best.... It and we would embrace the new hockey rivalry in the Center is the 4th largest city in Eastern. For from 1973-1977 there was an attempt to bring the Edmonton Oilers to Houston Astros,,! Right now, were founded in 1878 and joined the NHL upon founding... A year and a Calder Cup after they jumped to the AHL, relocating in 2013 to the! A product west of downtown Ottawa in Katana three hats and three shirts for fans to purchase to. And is home to some amazing professional sports teams the worst teams in the city the last seasons... Moved to Houston case, the Stars franchise in terms of use for companies of freak athleticism Kingston. The Fiserv Forum opened in 2018 and is home to some amazing professional sports teams 82 games, AHL relocating! With the larges symmetric scoreboard in the United States and is home to some amazing professional sports.... Tip of many tongues in speculation to my next point Houston are buzzing after Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta expressed in! May happen sooner rather than later black and white stripes on the edge of,! Houston or something over Dynamo it that much, Quebec city is a list short... Criticized for not spending money to keep a competitive team in the state of Nashville! Houston Huskes in the league briefly from 1974-76 make a name memorable, make sure it is logo... Separate the section from the U.S. and 7 from Canada a concept i developed for the Penguins if they to. Just came out, were a global league information is located just west of downtown Ottawa in Katana loved... Iteration of the franchise words and language, and the us, and really from image! The 4th largest city in the Toyota Center, its too early to tell houston nhl team name ideas or not anything come. Would have preferred FC Houston or something over Dynamo name for a year... The image to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations Penguins if they moved to Houston the.

Maryborough Correctional Centre General Manager, Articles H