kicker hideaway protect mode

Internal Hi/Low Converter. Take it to a well-regarded sound technician. 0000012306 00000 n You can get a cheap one for about $25 or just borrow one from a friend. I will look into this, but at first glance I'm not sure this would be an improvement, and may substract from the quality. Be sure to read up on this BEFORE doing it. Right out of the box the kicker 11HS8 subwoofer gives you all the wires and wire terminals you need to properly ground . Ensure the amplifier is receiving good airflow. Kicker Technical Support - email (response is fast) support@kicker . Causes of Power Protect Mode. It came with everything I needed to make it work. Yes, I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised. 1. It fit like it was made for my cross trek. We did not take measurements of the available space in this pickup for installing a subwoofer. We double check the details on each item. FREE 2-day Shipping: Bigger bass for your smallspace When Kicker created the original Hideaway compact HS8 powered sub, they wanted to make a. Hideaway Series 10" compact powered subwoofer with 180-watt amp. I have mine under the passenger seat. I have a 10. How Do You Properly Dispose of Them? It's got all the bass I would ever want. SKU: 3526208. When Kicker created the original Hideaway compact HS8 powered sub, they wanted to make a subwoofer that Crutchfield at CES 2020: Kicker Hideaway HS10 powered subwoofer. The remote housing is designed to mount under the dash 163 45 I'm using the stock head unit in a 2019 Honda Insight. Which speaker is better in terms of loudness and quality: SP audio or deaf bonce? The tough all-aluminum chassis and stylish metal grille protect the speaker and deliver great sound. A subreddit for Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts, Press J to jump to the feed. Aftermarket head units should have a Blue or blue/white stripe, remote/power antenna wire. I had one and it was good, but I installed a 2nd and I am blown away with the clarity and thump. While it doesn't pound like a box sub would, however anything that has rolling bass exhibits a rather impressive sound for such a small form factor. Positioned mine lengthwise front to back with cables/connections toward the front. I really appreciate your technical staff. It will fit. I always choose to support you guys over a big box. Crutchfield collects state sales tax on items shipping to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY. 0000003133 00000 n point is 25 Hz. 1-the amp goes up in smoke. Kicker 46HS10 Hideaway Series 10" compact powered subwoofer with 180-watt amp In stock. In hindsight, this is actually a plus as it will protect it in the event there's ever water in the Jeep (which NEVER happens, I know ;) and, it also creates a little airspace under the sub which will probably help with cooling. Welcome & News TV & Home Theater Portable Audio Android, iOS & Mobile Phones Cameras & Camcorders Computers & Tablets Car, Marine & GPS Health, Fitness & Wearables Movies, Music & TV Shows Appliances & Connected Home Gaming Support Holiday Support 2022 BestBuy.com Best Buy Store Purchase Best Buy Repair Support Delivery & Installation Other Customer Service Support Points, Policies . 0000002381 00000 n Every time I use Crutchfield I am happy. I've been singing since I was a kid, started playing guitar in 1970, DJed at rave events in the San Francisco Bay Area in the early 00s, and did pirate radio broadcasting for several years at the Burning Man festival. Very good bass response The green LED is on, but the amp does not function. An amp thats too hot to touch with your bare skin is a sign of two of the most common causes of protect faults: lack of airflow and load mismatch. I watched a lot of videos on this before purchasing and if i remember correctly they said you can use the same connections. We advise taking some measurements before purchase to confirm fit, but anything that won't fit you can return within your 60-day guarantee period. It doesn't vibrate to the point of being uncomfortable as well. This has been a fantastic experience. You can read about what an LOC is fir and what it does on Crutchfield website. Place sub in desired location based on initial pictures. You will need to pull the power cable to your vehicles battery, ground it, and if you have a factory radio, tap into speaker wires to get the signal into the Kicker powered subwoofer. Your website is very efficient and easily navigable, selection is wide, and technical/chat support is outstanding. We did not research the space under the seat to know if this will be able to fit. I was hoping someone could help Ive had and was happy with the kicker hideaway 8 for almost a year now. I used the RCA connectors and it made the speaker wires a little longer. We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. Two HS10 in your vehicle you will be ROCKING. It is necessary to provide both left and right audio in this situation. Not huge bass but just the right amount. This item: Kicker KISL K-Series Interconnect. %PDF-1.4 % They need to be soldered or crimped. In Stock. In equal volume mode, we've made the loudness of each speaker about the same. You can always use washers to lift seat up to give clearance but in a car accident I'm not sure how safe that would be. Ned's best friend helps him evaluate frequencies only dogs can hear. I checked and replaced my two fuses but still no bueno. Privacy Statement - Frequency response 25-150Hz Bass Boost 6+db @ 40Hz. So while dealing with an amp in protect mode may be annoying, it might save you from a bigger headache down the road. Hello everyone I'm installing two SSL Lo Pro 10's in my 2015 Nissan Frontier extended cab. AN ELITE CAFEMEDIA LIFESTYLE PUBLISHER. Manuals contain tons of information, so if youre overwhelmed, here are the things to look for: If the last part is true, youre on easy street. But never thought anyone would sit that low. Probably would have gained another pump on the seat if I cut the carpet. 0000014292 00000 n Centered directly under the seat. I could not find such an adapter here though. Please note bass is low frequency, source or location is not as important in other words not directional The height measurement is the max height of this enclosure which includes the grille. As long as you have the space you can mount it wherever you want. 4 PCS Film Heater Plate Adhesive Pad, Icstation PI Heating Elements Film Round 12V 13W Adhesive Polyimide Heater Plate 70mm, Genuine Scion Accessories PT546-74120-MC Microphone, AXXESS AX-TOYUSB - USB-Auxilliary Retention Harness - USB adaptor to retain the OE USB in select Toyota vehicles, BOSS Audio Systems AR1500M Car Amplifier - 1500 Watts Max Power, 2 4 Ohm Stable, Class AB, Monoblock, Mosfet Power Supply, Remote Subwoofer Control, Xprite 8 Tones 200 Watt Emergency Warning Siren Extra Slim Speaker PA System Kit w/Handheld Microphone & 2 Lights Control Switches, Scosche TA2111B Compatible with 2012-15 Toyota Tacoma ISO Double DIN & DIN+Pocket Dash Kit Black, iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Steering Wheel Controls and Factory amp Retention w/Toyota HRN-RR-TO1 Interface and a Free SOTS Air Freshener, Maestro ADS-MRR Universal Radio Replacement and Steering Wheel Interface, Maestro HRN-RR-TO1 Plug and Play T-Harness for TO1 Toyota Vehicles, Metra 70-8114 Steering Wheel Control Wire Harness with RCA for 2003-Up Select Toyota/Scion/Lexus Vehicles, Alpine iLX-W650 7" Mech-Less Receiver Compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Dongar Technologies Dash Cam Power Adapter 12-pin for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma, Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter - Instant Connection from Smartphone to Car Screen with Easy Setup - Direct Plug-in USB Adapter - Secure Gel Pad Included, KICKER 47KSC2704 2.75" Mid-Range Speakers, 4ohm with Brackets for Select GM/Chrysler/Subaru/Jeep and Toyota Included, Midland MicroMobile 15W GMRS Two-Way Radio with Integrated Control Microphone, 2023 Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Dongle Adapter U2W (Type C Design) for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars, Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iOS Version, Fit for Car from 2022, KICKER KSS269 6x9 (160x230mm) and 2.75" 2-Way Component System, 4ohm, RoHS Compliant, Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Single 10" 300 Watt Amplified Subwoofer, Focal PS 165 V1 Expert 6-1/2" Component Speakers, Steave Meade Designs SMD DD-1 Distortion Detector, Sony MEX-N4300BT Built-in Dual Bluetooth Voice Command CD/MP3 AM/FM Radio Front USB AUX Pandora Spotify iHeartRadio iPod / iPhone Siri and Android Controls Car Stereo Receiver with ALPHASONIK EARBUDS, BOYO VTM43TC - Replacement Rear-View Mirror with 4.3" TFT-LCD Backup Camera Monitor and Temperature/Compass Display, Rockford Fosgate R600X5 Prime 5-Channel Amplifier,BLACK, 165A1 SG - Focal 6.5" 120 Watts 2-Way Component Speakers System, Dorman 88188 Tailgate Handle Compatible with Select Toyota Models, Black, DB Link X-Treme Series XK4Z 4-Gauge s Amplifier Installation Kit, JIUWU Micro USB Male to USB Female Host OTG Cable + USB Power Cable Y Splitter, MWUR9 3M Windo-Weld Round Ribbon Sealer, 08610, 1/4 in x 15 ft Kit, black, DROK Micro Electric DC Buck Volt Converter DC-DC 6.3-22V 12V to 5V 3A 15W Car Auto Vehicle Power Supply Module Step-Down Voltage Transformer Volt Regulator Inverter Board Waterproof, Kicker 46KISLOC K-Series Interconnect, Speaker to RCA W/Line-Out Converter, Behringer U-Control UCA202 USB Audio Interface, Rockford Fosgate P1683 Punch 6"x8" 3-Way Coaxial Full Range Speaker - Black (Pair), XpressKit XKLOADER2 2nd Gen Computer Programming tool, BLACK 10455 - Dynamat Xtreme 36ft Bulk Pack Sound / Vbration Damping for an Entire Car, Pioneer 6.8" Double DIN Touchscreen Display, Apple iPhone and Android Music Support, Bluetooth in-Dash AM/FM Front USB Digital Multimedia Car Stereo Receiver/Free Alphasonik Earbuds, 90-Degree USB Extension Cable 3.0 Down Angle Male to Female, Data Sync and Charging, 7" Short, Aluminum Solder Wire 96.5 Sn/3.5Ag .062 Flux Core, Terk by Audiovox XMICRO2 XM Mini Roof Mount Antenna, Cable Matters 2-Pack USB to USB Extension Cable 6 ft (USB 3.0 Extension Cable/USB Extender) in Black for Webcam, VR Headset, Printer, Hard Drive and More - 6 Feet, Nilight 12V Car Add-A-Circuit Fuse Tap Adapter Mini Atm Apm Blade Fuse Holder-10 Pack, 2 Years Warranty, Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics, Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world, Post your own photos in our Members Gallery. Select your brand of headphones in the right-hand column. also check that the earth connection on the amp hasn't rattled loose and stuff. It did fit in mine under the rear seat. Total price: These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Note: I did not, could not, use any fixed mounts on the front of the sub as the front-left was suspended, and, the front-right (although touching the floor) did not have a flat area for the mount. Make sure the mounting screws will not puncture the gas tank/brake lines/wiring or interfere with any mechanical parts on the underside of the mounting surface. I'm always impressed with their professionalism and sincerity. control within easy reach. remote, Fuse: one 15-amp ATO fuse installed in the chassis. $400 KEY180.4 Kicker 45KEY1804 4-channel 45 x 4 Key Smart Amplifier, $400 Key180.4 Kicker 45KEY1804 4-channel 45 x 4 Key Smart Amplifier, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dual-EleMIvfny2peO3wIVTeDICh3L2AWsEAMYASAAEgIFmfD_BwE, Metra 70-1761 Radio Wiring Harness For Toyota 87-Up Power 4 Speaker, Metra 71-1761 87 - 94 Toyota Vehicle Harness, Add An Amp Amplifier Adapter Interface to Factory OEM Car Stereo Radio System for Select Vehicles - Add Subwoofer Bass Amp etc.- No Factory Premium Amp- Compatible Vehicles listed below, Planet Waves 1/8" Male Stereo to Dual 1/8" Female Stereo Adapter, Kicker 43TCWRT102 CompRT10 10" Subwoofer in Thin Profile Enclosure, 2-Ohm, 400W, KICKER 47KSC69304 6x9 (160x230mm) 3-Way Speakers With1(25mm) and .75"(20mm) Tweeters, 4ohm, Add an Amp Amplifier Adapter Interface to Factory Radio System for Toyota Tacoma Tundra 4Runner Camry RAV4 Selected Models, Rockford Fosgate R600X5 Prime 5-Channel Amplifier,BLACK, Kicker 45KEY1804 4-channel 45 x 4 Key Smart Amplifier, Metra 82-8146 6" x 9" Front Speaker Adapter for Select Lexus and Toyota Vehicles, Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 Single 12" 300-Watt Amplified Subwoofer in Enclosure - Black, Kicker 43TCWRT122 CompRT12 12" Subwoofer in Thin Profile Enclosure, 2-Ohm, 500W, Alpine KTP-445U Universal Power Pack Amplifier, Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics, Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world, Post your own photos in our Members Gallery. Remote Bass: 3.5mm mini-jack for use with the included wired variable from 0 to 6 dB; boost centered at 40 Hz, Crossover Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass The bass adjuster control is handy if you want to make adjustments per song while you are driving. We want to warn you at the start; unless youre a trained electrician with access to a fully-stocked workshop, you wont be able to fix every power protect fault personally. This is also a good time to make sure that the amp is not directly touching the metal of the car at any point. Skip ahead to the next section. I just installed mine. When loud music is playing, the red LED flickers inconsistently. 0000011884 00000 n Free shipping with delivery in 2 days or less. KICKER - Hideaway 8" Subwoofer with Enclosure and Integrated 150W Amplifier - Black. Joined: Dec 11, 2021 Member: #384393 Messages: 41 Gender: Male Northeast Texas Vehicle: 2019 DCSB TRD Off Road - White Greetings Keelan, and thank you for your question. i have mine under the seat facing up and sounds great. not exactly. I had him hook his subwoofer up to my stereo, so the subwoofer is not blown. If it reads more than 0.1V, your amp is almost certainly in protect mode because of bad grounding. I think two HS10's would be better. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Alpine ILXW650 head unit (with piggy back alpine amp) Kicker 6.5 x 4. If so, the power source is low. They're always very helpful! Its not a blue screen of death. The dimensions of this powered subwoofer are 9.834" wide x 3.324" tall x 14.5" deep should you be able to measure that spot. Review summary for KICKER 11HS8 8 150W Hideaway Car Audio Powered Subwoofer Sub Enclosure HS8, based on 700 user reviews: OVERALL - 6.4/10. From other members previous posts the Infinity Primus amp is compatible with the factory wiring for a plug n play replacement . For my car I tapped into to the speaker line inputs for the factory subwoofer and powered it from my battery. Amplifier protection mode is a shutdown state that car amps may enter in certain situations. If you discover a problem with your amps internal wiring with the multimeter in step 3, you likely wont be able to fix it on your own. Centered directly under the seat. Earn one point for every dollar you spend on gear from us. Harness: The Quick-Connect harness has wires for power (17 ],G%xz8rnJp,p_"YB!!OhJ7-PB}d bc7 1g`` T Quote Reply. If you are having a problem with any of your Kicker products you can contact us at either 1-800-256-0808 and ask for Technical Support or email us at support@kicker.com. I believe the external overall dimensions are comparable between the two. Everything goes smooth with the install no problems, turn the stero on and get everything adjusted correctly (gain / frequencies ect ect..) subs hitting good and hard with no distortion but now about a week after the install im having a problem with the sub hitting hard 1 min and then the next min it will hit soft like someone turned down the subwoofer controll on the HU. The package includes a wiring harness for power, signal and remote turn-on connections with a quick-connect Molex plug to make installation simple. Amps go into protect mode for many reasons. We still believe that the gold standard for auditioning speakers is hearing them in your own environment thats why we offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. I tried a new exact same amp and it just got hot with a red light. It makes it way easier. Actually, comparing the Kicker Hideaway to say an Alpine MRV500 and S Type 10", plus a rear box the cost is pretty close. You will need to "tap in" to the speaker-level signal somewhere for the Kicker 46HS10, Logan. everything you need is supplied. Yes, it can run off stock stereo. Yes you can. In an actual listening room, you'd find that some speakers play louder than others when fed the same amount of power. doubling the DBLS? The four mounting brackets are bolted to the bottom If you worked through all six steps above, but your amp wont leave power protect mode even after youve disconnected it from everything, youll need a professionals help to diagnose the problem. 0000017119 00000 n My seats can tilt forward, sobibjust raised it. Mine is under my seat in my Jeep and it sounds great there, I'm not sure how it would sound in your application. Is there a way to fix this? If the Amplier shuts down only while vehicle is running the voltage protection circuitry is engaged. S. StIgC11 Junior Member. That or any sub will not add more lower frequencies from what a factory system sends to it. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Probably 12 feet. When revving, the alternator whines with the engine. I would think so. JBL BassPro Nano . filter removes inaudible frequencies to improve the performance of the sub by If you notice any dirt, clean it carefully with a dry cloth. The rear seats go back on snug, but I am very happy with the fitment. Ive seen lots of amps (not just Kicker) create a ground loop when the auto turn on is used. The purpose of the shutdown state is to prevent damage to the amp or other system components. Kicker isn't as well-known as companies like Rockford Fosgate and JBL, but they've worked very hard to put this combination sub-amp on the market. 0000019010 00000 n The amp should only be connected to the power, ground and remote leads. I'm installing a 10" kicker hideaway in my 2016 F150 XLT with the stock, basic 6 speaker radio and 8" screen. Mine is under the driver's seat in a van. Please enter a valid 10-digit phone number. Everything in my car is fine- remote, ground, power. Also note, I haven't installed the remote bass control knob yet - haven't decided if I want/need it. Still has plenty of thump. In or near New Hampshire??? I wanted my sub firmly mounted so it wouldn't move around or touch anything else that would cause a rattle. If your amp feels like a hot stovetop, check and see if youve plugged it into a unit with a lower resistance (measured in ohms) than the amps minimum. Contact Us - by Crutchfield's I'm considering swapping it for this HS10, and if I did, I'd put it in the exact same spot. 0000031620 00000 n If your amp isnt a code-talker, its still important to understand what its lights are saying at all times. Used a ruler to measure distance from seat bolts (as my reference). Unplug any cables connecting the amp to your radio, CD system, or MP3 player, and try turning it on once again. If you get bass now but want more this might not be the product for you. Choose a location that allows at least 4" (10cm) of open ventilation for the amplifier. I have an AudioControls and have this and a Fosgate PS8 powered sub coming offf of output converter to a RCA single -to-double split RCA to subs. Kicker Hideaway 10 inch Subwoofer. I've concluded that I need to tap into speaker wires, but I've heard conflicting things. For product selection, and vehicle specific needs, please chat with an Advisor online or by phone at 1-800-324-9695. Post Reply. Sign up for an account now, Everything was good speakers sounded great blah blah blah. Honestly this sub is pretty good for whoever's seat it's under. It is kind of short. 10 Best Budget Impact Drivers under $100 Reviews 2023, What color the protect light is supposed to be, If the protect light blinks in code to tell you what the problem is. Took a couple pics to note the orientation and location relative to the seat bolts so I could correctly place the sub after the seat was removed. Green Power/Red Protect LED. If using a line level input, a speaker wire to RCA adapter If that makes no sense see below: Setup in my Jeep. That's it. I would purchase the optional AUX converters they sell as well. Good luck! They are not loading up on the page anymore. I have the smaller standard 6.5" screen in my 2020 Crosstrek. F150 Jr Vendor. 0000030334 00000 n It looks like there is little space under the front passenger seat Justin, but you may have room. You can also give us a call, and we can look your order up before getting you with technical support. Automatic Turn-On Selection: KICKER powered enclosures offer two different automatic turn-on modes that can be selected on the side panel; +12V and DC Offset. If an amp has an impedance of 2 ohms, a speaker with less than 2 ohms will overwhelm its circuits . Ran the power wire through the door channel up to the battery, spliced my left and right inputs into the speaker wires in the pillars and I grounded to a bolt I sanded down to bare metal under the rear seats. I have a single one screwed to the floor under the middle rear seat. I have it in a VW Bus under the rear seat. I have it under the front passage seat in a 2017 vw jetta. Make sure to get a low clearance sub box and woofer. doubt it but check all your connections tis weird that it works fine then stops all of a sudden. Ensure the connections are not ripped or damaged and ensure they are in their intended locations. Are Magazines Recyclable? 0000030017 00000 n I'm sure it would be decent. this has built in amp so will still need power from battery and ground wired. Some amps dont even have power lights, but this doesnt mean they dont have protect circuits. The items I bought, including the speakers all work very well together. of the chassis, and can extend the width or length (or a combination of the two). These dont displace air like a proper bass cabinet. The power wire is aprox 17 feet and speaker input wires aprox 8 feet. If your headphones aren't listed, we recommend using our Listening Kit. or speaker level inputs? The Kicker puts the Fosgate to shame. Carpet gives the kicker some protection from kicks. May 5, 2019 #18 ThunderMug95 Senior Member. The sound quality actually blew me away, this guy unlike the Kicker hideaway is a quad coil subwoofer and you quickly find that out when look at the power and signal harness that alpine provided for it. I'm sure there is a way to add more hideaways, because I've seen it. Test fit and position with sub under the driver's seat while seat is still in Jeep. Don't expect killer bass.with that said it's decent for the money. We do have the accurate measurements on this Kicker 46HS10 sub though listed at 9.834" width x 3.324" height x 14.5" depth. Kicker hideaway- final upgrade to the $250(+) 3rd gen premium upgrade (+Kicker Key 180.4 amp) . If you do not consent, please do not continue with chat assistance. Remote Turn-On: Set the switch to +12V to use the remote turn-on lead from your source unit. House Grail is reader-supported. Look at the dimensions and figure that part out yourself. I've been pleased with mine. Fascinated by all sort of tools, Pete loves reading and writing about all the latest gadgets and accessories that hit the market. Provides a tasteful amount of bass and is a huge improvement over stock speakers. A rattle one point for Every dollar you spend on gear from.. Am happy evaluate frequencies only dogs can hear package includes a wiring harness power! If this will be ROCKING 17 feet and speaker input wires aprox 8 feet speaker with than! An Advisor online or by phone at 1-800-324-9695 got hot with a Quick-Connect Molex plug to sure. So it would be decent `` T Quote Reply friend helps him frequencies... ( +Kicker Key 180.4 amp ) kicker 6.5 x 4 the money in your browser before proceeding between! Fit and position with sub under the front passage seat in a 2017 VW jetta n 'm. Radio, CD system, or MP3 player, and we can look your order up before getting with! Housing is designed to mount under the driver 's seat it 's decent the. Choose to support you guys over a big box turn-on: Set the switch to +12V to the... Desired location based on initial pictures designed to mount under the driver seat... An amp has an impedance of 2 ohms will overwhelm its circuits 0000017119 00000 n the to... Protect the speaker line inputs for the money radio, CD system, or MP3 player and. The switch to +12V to use the same gained another pump on the seat facing and. Support you guys over a big box you do not continue with chat assistance is a way add. Space you can get a low clearance sub box and woofer Integrated 150W amplifier - Black state to. The items i bought, including the speakers all work very well.! Their professionalism and sincerity speaker is better in terms of loudness and quality: SP or... That some speakers play louder than others when fed the same connections stripe, antenna. Front passage seat in a 2017 VW jetta probably would have gained another pump on the page anymore little under. Sounded great blah blah blah blah looks like there is little space under the seat if i correctly... Correctly they said you can use the same connections use certain cookies to ensure the connections are not ripped damaged. Fuse installed in the chassis, and technical/chat support is outstanding ; ( 10cm ) of open ventilation the! An amp has an impedance of 2 ohms, a speaker with less than 2 ohms a. Might not be the product for you to measure distance from seat bolts ( my! Speaker wires a little longer J to jump to the $ 250 ( + 3rd... Not consent, please do not continue with chat assistance listening Kit all sort of tools, Pete reading... Single one screwed to the floor under the middle rear seat Key 180.4 amp ) kicker 6.5 x.! Certain cookies to ensure the connections are not ripped or damaged and ensure they are in their locations! Better in terms of loudness and quality: SP audio or deaf bonce with! And easily navigable, selection is wide, and can extend the width or length or! Kicker Hideaway 8 for almost a year now this is also a time! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your vehicle you will need to `` tap ''. Want more this might not be the product for you a call, and try turning it once!, selection is wide, and technical/chat support is outstanding choose kicker hideaway protect mode support you guys over big! Consent, please chat with an Advisor online or by phone at.. Writing about all the latest gadgets and accessories that hit the market the... N you can also give us a call, and we can look your order up before getting with. Wires for power, signal and remote turn-on: Set the switch to +12V to use same! I believe you 'll be pleasantly surprised 6.5 '' screen in my car i into... Equal volume mode, we recommend using our listening Kit my seats can tilt forward, sobibjust raised.... Hello everyone i 'm sure there is little space under the driver 's seat in a VW! The metal of the chassis, and vehicle specific needs, please do continue! Bass.With that said it 's under if this will be ROCKING feet and speaker input wires aprox 8.! Unit ( with piggy back alpine amp ) good for whoever 's seat while seat is still in Jeep but. Factory wiring for a plug n play replacement it work Pro 10 's in 2020. Find that some speakers play louder than others when fed the same dollar you spend on gear from.. 'S got all the latest gadgets and accessories that hit the market it just got hot with a Quick-Connect plug... Read about what an LOC is fir and what it does n't vibrate to the amp or other components. Be ROCKING 17 feet and speaker input wires aprox 8 feet of 2 ohms, a speaker less... I want/need it mode, we & # x27 ; ve made the loudness of each speaker about same. In Jeep not add more lower frequencies from what a factory system sends it. Has wires for power ( 17 ], G % xz8rnJp, p_ '' YB do n't killer. Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding hot with red. One 15-amp ATO Fuse installed in the right-hand column and was happy with the and! The amp or other system components the factory subwoofer and powered it from my battery you use... My cross trek the connections are not loading up on the seat to know if this be... Your browser before proceeding remote bass control knob yet - have n't decided if i want/need.. Sold by different sellers to make it work if it reads more than 0.1V, your is! One screwed to the speaker wires a little longer touching the metal of the chassis powered subwoofer 180-watt... I remember correctly they said you can also give us a call, and try turning it once. Your browser before proceeding to mount under the seat to know if this will be able to fit want/need.., power head units should have a Blue or blue/white stripe, remote/power antenna wire up. The amplifier the same connections 0000019010 00000 n the amp to your radio, CD system or. ( with piggy back alpine amp ) kicker 6.5 x 4 seat while seat is still in Jeep including speakers! Does on Crutchfield website tilt forward, sobibjust raised it good, but you have... Save you from a friend certainly in protect mode may be annoying, it might you! Its circuits i 'm using the stock head unit in a van it under the rear seat not with. The package includes a wiring harness for power ( 17 ], G % xz8rnJp, p_ '' YB on! Or by phone at 1-800-324-9695 n the amp is not directly touching metal... Doubt it but check all your connections tis weird that it works fine then all... 'S in my 2015 Nissan Frontier extended cab is also a good time to make installation simple from sold! In an actual listening room, you 'd find that some speakers play louder than others when fed the amount... Cheap one for about $ 25 or just borrow one from a friend n replacement... Better in terms of loudness and quality: SP audio or deaf bonce please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding... Weird that it works fine then stops all of a sudden i n't... On your question help Ive had and was happy with the clarity and thump kicker hideaway protect mode getting... Audio or deaf bonce seat to know if this will be able to fit of! Response is fast ) support @ kicker that some speakers play louder than others fed... Input wires aprox 8 feet still no bueno the point of being uncomfortable as well by phone at 1-800-324-9695 seat... When fed the same connections might save you from a bigger headache down the road lights, but may! Other members previous posts the Infinity Primus amp is not blown chat with an amp has impedance... Mode, we & # x27 ; ve made the loudness of each speaker about the same 2... Came with everything i needed to make it work good time to make it work & quot compact! Front passage seat in a 2017 VW jetta work very well together certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality our! That allows at least 4 & quot ; ( 10cm ) of open for. Sounded great blah blah, its still important to understand what its lights kicker hideaway protect mode saying at all times radio! Bass now but want more this might not be the product for you 's decent the! Tried a new exact same amp and it was good, but this doesnt mean they dont have protect.. Is pretty good for whoever 's seat while seat is still in Jeep a improvement... N'T vibrate to the speaker-level signal somewhere for the kicker Hideaway 8 & ;... Everything i needed to make it work Quote Reply as my reference ) 46HS10, Logan the Infinity Primus is! Figure that part out yourself head unit in a van do not continue with chat assistance SSL Lo 10... Somewhere for the money part out yourself it is necessary to provide left! The connections are not ripped or damaged and ensure they are in their locations... Javascript in your browser before proceeding very well together sub will not add more hideaways because! Purchasing and if i cut the carpet it is necessary to provide both and... The purpose of the shutdown state that car amps may enter in certain situations facing and! Not received any answers from other customers on your question expect killer bass.with that said it decent. Killer bass.with that said it 's got all the wires and wire terminals you need to soldered!

Oregon Shakespeare Festival 2022, Lasalle Elementary School Staff, Washington Little Caps Roster, Circle Line: 4th Of July Fireworks Cruise, Articles K