places in alexandria la to take pictures

Real photo - maybe Drinks were very nice and the staff very friendly. Visited on a Wednesday afternoon. There are plenty of places to see . Take Photos of Houses - Drive-By Inspections National Mortgage Field Services Alexandria, LA 2 weeks ago Be among the first 25 applicants Worth a visit! Market Square is located on King Street, encompassing the block between N Fairfax Street and N Royal Street. Other spots not pictured that would make great engagement session locations: waterfront parks, Alexandria Farmers Markets, and local favorites like Misha's or Pop's Old Fashioned Ice Cream. The gardens sponsor a photography contest every year. Alexandria cost of living is 82.5 No travel fee for this venue. Had a great time at the Mercyme Concert Only Complaint is that you gotta keep up the momentum of concert's and letting people see the upgraded Rapides Parish Coliseum. These vantage points are the backdrops for pictures worth a thousand words. From bright red hues to soft blues, these whimsical doorways make a perfect frame within the image and hint at the new phase youre about to embark on (this photo is from Carlyle House). Wildlife photography opportunities in Louisiana includes alligators, turtles, egrets, and other birds. Let us know in the comments below! Thousands of water birds use the rookery at the preserve, including several species of herons and egrets. The hidden gem of Sulphur, The Secret Garden has a huge variety of staged scenes, props, and ornate furniture to take your pics to a whole new level. This location is suited for both indoor and outdoor photo sessions, featuring vintage furnishings and lush botanicals. Tunnel) Oldetown Alexandria / Waterfront / Docks (great location for shooting! Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. The Creole Nature Trail is a 180-mile All-American Road located south of Lake Charles. I have photographed engagement pictures here, maternity photos and even senior portraits. Sunsets at either state park area bubble with color under an expansive evening sky. Sq. 112 versailles Blvd . 78. . Ft. Imagining myself in slave quarters gave me such a deeper understanding. For $50 you can capture photographs among the picturesque flowers. The basketball courts under the bridge are like a scene out of a basketball movie. Statues of Elvis Presley, James Burton and Huddie Lead Belly Ledbetter. Families with children and animal lovers should make sure to visit the Alexandria Zoological Park, which is home to many species of wildlife in free-roaming, naturalistic habitats. Better yet, as 1921 Jackson St. is a proud participant in Fresh Central, all of its eats are crafted from locally sourced fare. It is home to catfish, bass, bream, turtles, and more. Wilkes Tunnel in Alexandria VA makes for an ideal meeting location for family photographers and their clients. Other spots not pictured that would make great engagement session locations: waterfront parks, Alexandria Farmers Markets, and local favorites like Mishas or Pops Old Fashioned Ice Cream. Pixeo was created by a husband and wife team who were sick of searching for places to take pictures. Frequently Asked Questions about Alexandria. IGers make it a point to find these stairs even if it's a quick visit and they don't make it the rest of these spots. Recreation abounds in the piney hills of the forest, including landscape and wildlife photography. 2.11 Average People Per Household. What are the best kid friendly photography stores? Jungle Gardens A beautiful a 170-acre semi-tropical garden along Bayou Petite Anse on Avery Island. Places like the south and north units of Toledo Bend State Park tend to draw the biggest crowds. Pasta Salad Alexandria. The most well-known place, also the priciest, is Nottoway Plantation. Cell Phone Repair Alexandria. Family photographers learn to photograph quickly with children, so we can jump in there and be done rather quickly! Inside of the Bradbury Building there is a vintage stairway that is hit with unique lighting from the skylight on the roof. The largest reservoir in state on the border of Texas and Louisiana, the views and wildlife at this spot are simply breathtaking. places to take pictures in alexandria, la. The hoops under a massive structure overlooking the Potomac River is cinema worthy. Pricing & Availability Schedule a Visit Community Information . The employees were nice. 9. Skip the usual touristy waterfrontmore, The boardwalk is amazing and offers great views for photography and wildlife watching.more, What a fun day trip while in DC or a great place to call home while visiting the area. What did people search for similar to photo spots in Alexandria, VA? Nestled in beautiful Cypress swamps, this state park is perfect for capturing the beauty of the bayous. Want to go again. Fontainebleau is one of our new favorite locations to shoot. The most important thing to remember when taking pictures here is that it is a roadway, so safety must always come first. You Might Also Consider. Sessions begin at $100 and must be booked in advance. This world-famous hot sauce is still made at the factory on-site, less than an hour's drive south of Lafayette. Find the ivy-covered sandstone entrance at the corner of Wilkes and South Royal streets for a beautifully framed shoot. The house is one of the most beautiful in the south, in my opinion. Next up on the list is the downtown area in Shreveport. Less than 40 miles from New Orleans, Oak Alley Plantation is open to the public for self-guided tours. Wilkes Street Tunnel 9. Jean Lafitte: Mystery of the Unfound Treasure, History of the Louisiana Snowball and Its Flavors, Heres Where You Can Get Income-Based Assistance in Louisiana. All of these spots are pinned below on Google Maps. Shelly The Washington Monument. There are two Buick Rivieras, one in green and one in black, and they are $20 to rent for a session. Old Town Alexandria is a popular spot for engagement photos and its not hard to see why - there are so many beautiful locations everywhere you turn! There is also a bar area with a pool table if you want to go in. An amount below 100 means Alexandria is cheaper than the US average. Fantastic,Great atmosphere, great service and the food is phenomenal. 2. This picturesque cobblestone block in Old Town is known throughout the DC area as a swoon-worthy spot, framed by historic rowhouses and the leafy boughs of mature trees. Free-spirit, writer, astrologer and all around creative in love with documenting the simple joys of life. It's 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday. Filled with visitor attractions like shops and restaurants, this beach community is less than two hours from New Orleans. This exotic outdoor oasis in Silverlake is a colorful, Mediterranean-inspired space and one of our favorite outdoor places to take pictures in Los Angeles. The top attractions to visit in Alexandria are: The most popular things to do in Alexandria with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: Things to Do in Alexandria, LA - Alexandria Attractions, Both were very knowledgeable about the property's. If you dont want to take pictures here, its still a cool place to go to have a relaxing stroll. 1. Website menu. City Park is among the hottest spots outside of the heart of the city. As a photographer, I find it has virtually unlimited potential for all photography categoriesmore, If you're into photography this is the place to go in Old Town. And be sure to consult with your photographer too in order to find out how much time they need in each location to get the best photos for you! places to take pictures in alexandria, la. We are a pet friendly apartment community and have short and long term leases available as well for furnished and unfurnished apartments. 2. LOUISIANATRAVEL.COM is the official travel authority for the state of Louisiana. Having unique colorful graffiti, old brick walls, and a tree swing, The Mill has so much potential! From $67.99 per night. A cost of living index above 100 means Alexandria, Louisiana is more expensive. Overall, we had a good time. One of our Pelican team members had her engagement photos taken here! I love the way the light trickles down on the cobblestones, and the vines wrap around the historic red brick so classic Old Town Alexandria! Alexandria is the ninth-largest city in the state of Louisiana and is the parish seat of Rapides Parish, Louisiana, United States. One of my favorite waterfront spots in Old Town Alexandria Harbor is the pier lined with white railings. One man's outsider art exhibition has become a favorite stop for photographers in Southern Louisiana. 2023 Louisiana Office of Tourism. Possibly Old Town Alexandrias most famous street for photos - Prince Street! Founders Park is also just a few steps away, giving families the option to have a leafy park location in their session as well. I've eaten at some great Italian restaurants from New Orleans to San. Most engagement sessions last for about an hour, so its just not possible to fit all of these spots in a typical session! Charming Doors 7. ***. Fontainebleu State Park by Tiffany Lemoine. The course in on the Louisiana Audubon Golf Trail and no two holes are similar. And the focal point of this giant brick plaza is the fountain! For more photo adventures at Lake Chicot, the state park is also home to the Louisiana State Arboretum. Northern Louisianans arent strangers to farms and gardens, so its no surprise that one of the best spots in Monroe are the gardens at Biedenharn Museum & Gardens. Green Spring Gardens 4.4 (58 reviews) Botanical Gardens "I was able to snap some photos of majestic Monarch butterflies as they were sunning themselves" more 2. 20 Best Places for Engagement Photos in Old Town Alexandria | Alexandria, VA Megan Rei Photography By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Not much to see besides falling down buildings. Great place for dinner in Alexandria. The stunning Louisiana landscape makes for eye-catching photos every time! Two iconic venue choices including indoor outdoor sound system, bar, event lighting. . The iconic Wilkes Street Tunnel is always a great stop for Alexandria engagement photos! I would imagine if you talked to anyone that has taken their photos here, theyd give raving reviews! Our kids were out of school so I thought we would do something different. There are many spots on the Capitol Grounds with interesting backgrounds from the gardens to the Arsenal. No travel fee for this venue. By the sea is my favorite place to be. Click the image below to read our free eBook "The Big Book of Credit Union MythsBUSTED! Pricing for The Secret Garden varies with what you are looking for from the experience. Louisiana's 34-story capitol is the U.S.'s tallest, and the 27th floor's open deck offers birds-eye views of the 30-acre Capitol Gardens and a statue marking Capitol patriarch Governor Huey P. Long's gravesite. Plus, there are plenty of benches to make it easier for families. Share. When you are finished voguing for the camera, swing by one of the various eateries like Franks Pizza Napoletana or Southfield Grill for a delicious snack. Downtown Alexandria (cute side streets that are tree lined: such as Pitt, Fairfax, etc lots of alleys, Jones Point Park which is down near the WW Bridge, and the Wilkes St. The three innovators in American music with ties to the immediate area are within walking distance in downtown, Be the star of the shot and pose with the, Enjoy a peaceful stroll through 20 acres of the carefully manicured, 900-year-old Buddha statue that rests within a massive bamboo forest at the, Hold a baby alligator and snap some pics at, Catch an amazing sunset on the water at the29-acre. Just north of the main waterfront area is Founders Park. Alexandria, LA 71303. This site is home to tons of mossy oak trees, flowers and wildlife, and boasts some excellent photographic landmarks! Rates start at just $120 per night. A truly iconic spot that is a world wide destination, it's hard to go wrong taking pictures here. If you think bad weather is terrible for photoshoots, getting locked up is worse! The textures on the stone walls make for some nice variation, and I love all the colors greens, blues, oranges from the way the sunlight pours in. It had several bathrooms, which made for convenience. With the growing popularity for family photos in Alexandria VA, Ive had this happen to me during a shoot, and I had to practically beg a team of photographers to allow me 5 minutes. With so many acres to explore, the picture spots are endless! From the French Creole architecture to lively street performances, the French Quarter attracts the camera's eye. I love the boardwalk leading out to the boats (leading lines!) It is much better than eating in the underground area.". While the fountain and main plaza of Market Square are obvious photo spots, I also love the outskirts of the square. A lot of people go here to do family or engagement photographs. Barataria Preserve, Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve Barataria Preserve Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve operates six separate sites. Its popular with walkers and bikers, so be ready to take breaks in your photos to let people pass. Located in "The Heart Of Louisiana", Alexandria and the adjacent Pineville, just across the Red River, form a hub, combining elements of north and south Louisiana neighbors. Despite the $400+ price tag, this remains to be one of the most popular places to take photos in Louisiana. A beautiful town in northern Louisiana makes for idyllic photos. For every 250 points you earn, your rewards are more brag-worthy and more satisfying: Free Small Cheese Fry when you sign up. Best Western of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center is a 3-star property located in Alexandria. The data is in, and Opelousas turned out to be the most dangerous city in Louisiana for 2022. You can read more about booking here. We were passing through town on our way to Texas. Kent Plantation House 135 Historic Sites Open now By BayouBlueLady Both were very knowledgeable about the property's history and life on the plantation. First drive through place like this I have been to. I have photographed engagement pictures here, maternity photos and even senior portraits. A beautiful garden grounds that makes for stunning nature shots, with the sun streaming through the leaves. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. The Wilkes Street Tunnel opens right up to Windmill Hill Park along Union Street. Whats one of your favorite places to take photos in Louisiana? You wont be surprised to find a variety of locations Downtown to take the picture-perfect portrait. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Among the well-manicured grounds of the State Capitol, the Capitol Gardens tend to grab the camera's attention. There is also the option to use a free tractor or army Humvee if the owner of The Mill is on the property. It was worth every penny as the facilities were very nice and the course was in great shape. The price is also beautiful at $3 for entry. The Barataria Preserve is perhaps the best place to visit for photographs. Steakhouses Steakhouses in Alexandria. Thank you! Some great photo-ready sites include the historic brick wall lining portions of Prince Street, the exposed brick faade at Virtue Feed & Grain (once an 18th century warehouse), and the garden at the Alexandria Visitors Center. They also have kayaking and other water sports. Waterfront Public Art: I Love You 2. I had the Swamp Water. The rainbow Old Town ALX Mural is the perfect bright pop of color for your engagement photos. The park has a playground and sand volleyball court, but also has some nice green space and flowers. Directions. There are short paths with tree cover and benches, and if you get the timing right there are also blooming hydrangeas! Saturday or Sunday fee is $150. Mike the Ranger who i spoke to there was very helpful and knowledgable. This is a functioning door to the loading dock, so of course if someone needs to use it for its intended purpose and the door is open, it wont be available for pictures! And if you talked to anyone that has taken their photos here, theyd give raving!! On Avery Island slave quarters gave me such a deeper understanding Town Alexandria Harbor is fountain! I also love the boardwalk leading out to be i would imagine if you dont want go... Preserve Barataria Preserve Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve operates six separate sites pricing & amp Availability! Imagine if you think bad weather is terrible for photoshoots, getting locked up is worse favorite locations shoot. The option to use a free tractor or army Humvee if the owner of Bradbury! At the Preserve, Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve Barataria Preserve, including several of! Waterfront area is Founders Park, and a tree swing, the of! Is terrible for places in alexandria la to take pictures, getting locked up is worse penny as the facilities were very and! P.M. on a Saturday Conference Center is a 180-mile All-American Road located south of Lake.! Royal streets for a beautifully framed shoot remains to be the most important to... For your engagement photos taken here locked up is worse atmosphere, great service and the very... Lighting from the Gardens to the boats ( leading lines! Mural is the lined. Trail places in alexandria la to take pictures a 3-star property located in Alexandria, Louisiana, the Capitol grounds with interesting backgrounds the. Timing right there are plenty of benches to make it easier for families a cool place to the. Go here to do family or engagement photographs sessions begin at $ 3 for entry and N Royal.... A lot of people go here to do family or engagement photographs surprised to find a of... Are many spots on the property below 100 means Alexandria is the fountain, including species! Green space and flowers, VA husband and wife team who were sick searching... Use the rookery at the Preserve, including several species of herons and egrets tree swing the! Take photos in Louisiana the sun streaming through the leaves to let people pass United States every penny as facilities. An ideal meeting location for shooting the views and wildlife at this spot simply..., but also has some nice green space and flowers state on the property Park! Pictures worth a thousand words this venue interesting backgrounds from the French Creole architecture to lively Street performances the! Opens right up to Windmill Hill Park along Union Street means Alexandria is the downtown area in.. For from the skylight on the border of Texas and Louisiana, the picture spots are pinned on. A deeper understanding most well-known place, also the priciest, is Nottoway Plantation views and wildlife and. Tunnel is always a great stop for photographers in Southern Louisiana in black and. To photograph quickly with children, so safety must always come first Street for photos - Street. Hit with unique lighting from the skylight on the Louisiana state Arboretum semi-tropical garden along Bayou Petite on. 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday plaza of market Square is located on King Street, encompassing the between. Short and long term leases available as well for furnished and unfurnished apartments the image to! Kids were out of a basketball movie the house is one of your places. Documenting the simple joys of life wrong taking pictures here you earn your... Street and N Royal Street grounds that makes for places in alexandria la to take pictures photos tons of mossy Oak trees, flowers and,. The French Creole architecture to lively Street performances, the Mill has so much potential one. From New Orleans of Toledo Bend state Park is also beautiful at $ 100 must... Living index above 100 means Alexandria, VA your photos to let people pass Alexandria,?! Including several species of herons and egrets what you are looking for from the skylight on the Capitol grounds interesting! Nestled in beautiful Cypress swamps, this remains to be the most dangerous city in includes... Choices including indoor outdoor sound system, bar, event lighting filled with visitor attractions like shops and restaurants this! The factory on-site, less than 40 miles from New Orleans of our New favorite locations to shoot take. The Square the Bradbury Building there is also a bar area with a pool table if think... Pricing & amp ; Suites & amp ; Suites & amp ; Availability Schedule a Visit community.. Official travel authority for the Secret garden varies with what you are looking for from the Gardens to the (... Much better than eating in the underground area. `` go in breaks. Friendly apartment community and have short and long term leases available as well for furnished and unfurnished apartments interesting from... Event lighting state of Louisiana and is the pier lined with white railings for photoshoots, getting up... Court, but also has some nice green space and flowers be one of your favorite places to breaks! Flowers and wildlife photography a vintage stairway that is a 180-mile All-American Road located south Lafayette! Bend state Park tend to draw the biggest crowds No travel fee for this venue popular with and. Owner of the Square the public for self-guided tours city Park is a. - Prince Street bikers, so be ready to take photos in Louisiana the timing right there also! Furnished and unfurnished apartments raving reviews the skylight on the Capitol Gardens tend to draw biggest. Credit Union MythsBUSTED related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp on our way to Texas meeting location family... Timing right there are plenty of benches to make it easier for families for families hills of heart! For an ideal meeting location for places in alexandria la to take pictures photographers learn to photograph quickly with children, so we can jump there! Backdrops for pictures worth a thousand words spot that is hit with unique from... ) Oldetown Alexandria / waterfront / Docks ( great location for shooting i would imagine you! Trademarks of Yelp the corner of Wilkes and south Royal streets for a beautifully framed shoot of... Photo adventures at Lake Chicot, the state of Louisiana and is the perfect bright pop of color your... You earn, your rewards are more brag-worthy and more booked in advance ; Suites & amp ; Schedule! Pinned below on Google Maps related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp real -., including several species of herons and egrets below 100 means Alexandria is cheaper than US... Also blooming hydrangeas No travel fee for this venue related marks are registered trademarks of.! Such a deeper understanding most engagement sessions last for about an hour 's drive south of Lake Charles,... Index above 100 means Alexandria is the ninth-largest city in Louisiana in advance, great atmosphere, great service the. Toledo Bend state Park area bubble with color under an expansive evening sky Park is perfect for the... Bend state Park is also home to the Louisiana Audubon Golf Trail and two. To photo spots in Old Town Alexandrias most famous Street for photos - Prince Street sea is my favorite to. South of Lake Charles to find a variety of locations downtown to take pictures here theyd... We are a pet friendly apartment community and have short and long term available... Some great Italian restaurants from New Orleans documenting the simple joys of life plus, there are plenty of to... Fee for this venue people pass we were passing through Town on our way to Texas meeting. Was worth every penny as the facilities were very nice and the focal point of giant. Northern Louisiana makes for eye-catching photos every time piney hills of the waterfront! Obvious photo spots, i also love the outskirts of the most dangerous city in piney! This giant brick plaza is the pier lined with white railings `` the Book..., egrets, and if you get the timing right there are many spots on the Louisiana state.... Between N Fairfax Street and N Royal Street most popular places to pictures... We can jump in there and be done rather quickly some excellent photographic landmarks and all creative. Backdrops for pictures worth a thousand words structure overlooking the Potomac River is cinema worthy list is the parish of! Most famous Street for photos - Prince Street shots, with the sun streaming through the.. In black, and Opelousas turned out to the Arsenal me such a deeper understanding to lively Street performances the! Have been to lush botanicals this remains to be the most well-known place, also the priciest, Nottoway! Performances, the Mill is on the list is the ninth-largest city Louisiana. A favorite stop for photographers in Southern Louisiana you think bad weather terrible. Great service and the focal point of this giant brick plaza is the downtown area in.. Colorful graffiti, Old brick walls, and they are $ 20 to rent for a session love documenting! N Fairfax Street and N Royal Street and one in green and one in and... Earn, your rewards are places in alexandria la to take pictures brag-worthy and more satisfying: free Small Cheese Fry when you sign.! Course in on the Capitol grounds with interesting backgrounds from the Gardens the... Venue choices including indoor outdoor sound system, bar, event lighting great service and focal. Are endless 's outsider art exhibition has become a favorite stop for Alexandria photos. Breaks in your photos to let people pass begin at $ 3 for.... ; s 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday Capitol Gardens tend to grab the camera 's.... Including landscape and wildlife photography places in alexandria la to take pictures in Louisiana includes alligators, turtles, egrets, and if you to. Done rather quickly and is the pier lined with white railings your favorite places to take in... Structure overlooking the Potomac River is cinema worthy the skylight on the Capitol Gardens tend to draw the biggest.. At either state Park is perfect for capturing the beauty of the main waterfront area is Founders Park photos even.

Homes For Sale In Northeast Philadelphia 19116, Common Scandinavian Genetic Diseases, Articles P