smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum

The pistol features double and single-action functions, one of the most simple and easy to not . (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Seller: Jays Guns and Accessories. I have several Mountain Guns and a pair of the Mountain Revolvers. I've got a 41 Mountian gun as well. Everything was done properly; then came the .41 Mag. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. So unless you lay hands on a load thats really out of the ordinary, youre unlikely to run out of clicks. Wesson, gave birth to the .357 Smith & Wesson Magnum. While a proven fight stopper, like the FBI's 10mm, the .41 would prove to be too much for many officers to shoot effectively and it was soon replaced. He left S&W and went to work for Safariland shortly after production started, but the gun he left behind was a hot seller. brass has been offered by Starline. I carried one almost everyday for 6 years, when I lived in Alaska. The .44MG for when you step off the plane in Alaska. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR SMITH & WESSON . People under the age of 40 laugh because they don't remember a world where the police and self-defense markets weren't totally dominated by semi-auto pistols. sixgun, and Elmer Keith had much to do with it. Serial AVC3202 is a stainless steel revolver featuring a 6-inch barrel (integral serrated rib, serrated front sight blade with red insert), adjustabl .Click for more info Seller: Sportsman's Legacy Area Code: 406 $1,500.00 S&W 629-6 GI#: 102199268 S&W 629-6 IN .44 MAGNUM CAL., WITH 6 .5" BARREL. I honestly dont think I have ever bumped into a 686 Mountain Gun. With bullets in the 200 to 240 grain class, you can shoot velocities near double that of the very popular .45 ACP. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). Another home run Kevin. This revolver has an extremely smooth double-action, one of the smoothest we've had here at D4, we the trigger must have some custom work. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Nice article! I think that ones a keeper. MODEL 351 PD. Doug Hellstrom and Bill Gunn of Smith & Wesson agreed to bring out the gun .. Love my 625-6 Mountain Gun in 45 LC. At first I thought the Classics line was part of the companys Performance Center. Action in, New .41 Mag. The Model 57 was simply the .44 Mag. USED Smith and Wesson 657 41 magnum 3" barrel, 6 round cylinder WE DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY. Deployed military should use stateside address. My .41 Magnum Mountain Guns are the only ones I have that have the normal caliber and Mountain Gun engravings on the barrel. However, due to size and recoil it found more favor with civilian target shooters and hunters. You didnt say there would be a test. View. That .44 was a constant companion during his days as a professional hunter in Africa, too. I see why it gets the most use, you have given me one more to put on my someday list of revolvers. Things were right in the world for a few years. Appears unfired. This performance level can also be achieved in the .45 Auto Rim case loaded within .45 ACP +P pressures, if you happen upon a .45 ACP Mountain Gun. Ive never owned one in .45 ACP, but I bought the first .45 Colt model I found in a local gun shop. (I) Giveaway ends March 31, 2023. I think S&W would be smart to return a half-lug model to the line, since the full lug of the 686 adds a lot of weight for a carry gun. I had no idea how much theyd go up in valueyet another stupid move on my part. Whether you're shooting a pistol, revolver, or rifle, you can be sure your Performance Center gun is made with a close . Rifling is strong and bright. For more info: A focused article on that gun is on my To Do list. rounds work just fine in .41 Mag. (II) Limit one entry per household. You will be well armed as you roam. Thanks Kevin, you have re-affirmed my love affair with the 657 Mountain Guns. Other departures from the original format would be the frame-mounted firing pin and the crush-fit barrel. Thanks for the work you did in Detroit and also for the ammo info you have tirelessly provided. True Keith bullets, from two Lyman molds, as cast by my friend Mark, have been outstanding, too. Manufactured in 1977/78. ; ^ ), Well spoken, Sir. Now I have to resist the temptation to look and see how much Id have to increase the mortgage to get one, if one would even be findable. I thought they were very attractive guns, and the lighter snouts made them handle well, but they apparently didnt sell very well. Contest open to U.S. residents only. A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. Taurus has redesigned this sporting pistol for performance. Those darn round grips. Built on a l. Very good overall condition. Youre right about that silhouette, and they would be a dream to carry. In shooting the new Model 57, I was extremely impressed with all loads both in terms of accuracy as well as consistency. The Target Model of 1950 with a 4 barrel was the epitome of a practical sixgun. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. Thank you, Greyson. More recently I installed a set of Tactical Diamond grips from VZ. It carried comfortably in a belt holster and earned favor with savvy lawmen and outdoorsmen. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. Looking back, Seyfried gave that blueprint for ammo choices in his 1989 article, amongst many other bits of wisdom. Came with Spegel grips, magna port, cylinder and slide fixed rear sight and action job, gold bead front sight and cylinder set for 45 acp moon clips. Thats interesting Darryl! While we were attending the NRA convention in Washington, D.C., Bill Jordan, the old border patrolman, came to me and says, Elmer, youve got the .44 Mag. Upon discovering this, I ordered one directly from the factory. Great article with precious information! Full-house magnums are best fired in moderation through a 4 Model 29, even more so with a Mountain Gun. Deaf Smith, I carry that combination often too, and I also have no complaints. Two attributes of the .41 Mag. No purchase necessary. Just as with the .357 Mag. Single-action fans often claim this makes recoil less onerous. Lay-a-way available for this firearm. I wish the mothership was listening to you, Mike 2. S&W has since included .41 Magnum revolvers in its Classics stable. It was a couple of years ago and priced out of my league. But this isI admitirrelevant whining from a cowardly .38 Special K-Frame kind of guy. It's similar its sister model chambered in .44 Magnum, the Smith & Wesson Model 29. Even though Keith is reflexively associated with the .44 Magnum, he gave the new .41 Mag. Thats the sweet spot for controllability in a revolver of this weight. Model 57 a serious big-game test, which he recounts in detail in Hell, I Was There. The tapered barrel and ramp front sight really do create a beautiful silhouette. Thanks, Rob. Thanks again for a great article. Its a sweet spot load also, full house Mags are just too much for me. Sign-up now to get more revolver content every Wednesday! However, the Model 58 didnt catch on for a couple of reasons (see the accompanying sidebar). He is a master firearms instructor through NMDPS and continues to instruct in retirement. Thank you kindly for reading it and for shouting out, Sir. I hear you, Spencer. This was also the first time a .41 Magnum had left the factory without a bull barrel. The suited my medium-size hands better, but with heavy loads I could feel the soft rubber flex under recoil and give me a taste of the square edges at the top of the exposed backstop. Compare. To the best of my knowledge, the early Mountain Revolvers were all chambered in .44 Magnum on the standard N frame. Ace, I have carried both all day in the woods and I attest to the Mountain Gun being noticeably more trudge friendly than a standard Model 29. I have never felt the need for another holster. Compare. is to appreciate it. A tip of the hat to Skeeter and all the others who made these classics possible! He served as a member of the NMSP Tactical Team (SWAT) for 10 years, eventually becoming the counter sniper team leader. 22 MAGNUM $839. Campbell taught at the S&W Academy and instructed his own classes on IPSC competition. Deployed military should use stateside address. Its incredible, Wow, Derek! Eagle does a great job making it look and feel like a square butt, and who knows if we will ever see a new 625 .45 Colt again? Ive got an article on Hi-Points scheduled for next week, to give you a break. In 2007, I purchased a 657 Classic Hunter with a 7.5 barrel that belonged to an old lawman who had gone on to his reward. Campbell selected the then-new round butt frame for the project. SMITH & WESSON 657-4 .41 MAGNUM - MOUNTAIN GUN - MINT IN BOX For Sale from: Vintage Sporting | Positive feedback: 99% View | | 4159 Completed Sales View Sellers Items SOLD - $995.00 Shipping: $25.00 (or Arrange local transfer) Accepted Payment Methods: Returns: No Returns The .44 Magnum with a 6 barrel weighed in at nearly 48 ounces. The Ruger was just too big to carry while fishing, and the Mountain Gun was perfect. ), Any chance of sharing what those bullets are in the stag stocked .44spl pic? . smith and wesson .41 magnum for sale and auction. Holster wear is visible by the muzzle bilaterally and on the trigger guards edges. All the arms company heads are here as well as ammunition company heads. I hand load .44 Special with .250 gr RCBS Keith bullets to 1100 fps. By and large whats replaced them are plastic semi-auto junk guns and cheesy MIM/ internal-lock revolvers. Great article! Holstering it makes you realize the chamfer on the cylinder front of factory Mountain Guns isnt just cosmetic- it definitely makes them holster easier in a tight leather rig. MODEL 317 KIT GUN. Introduced by Remington in 1964, the .41 Magnum round has ties to both Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan. You make a very good point- we are just temporary caretakers. View. This New, Ruger, New Model Blackhawk, 41 Magnum, 6 1/2" barrel, blued, black finger groove rubber grips, SN: 46-93XXX, overall condition 97%, $995.00 + $50.00 shipping, This single action army inspired Ruger revolver features a 6-1/2 inch barrel, nice walnut grips, and .41 Magnum chambering.It hasn't been fired mush, if at all. S&Ws Matt Spafford set me straight: The Smith & Wesson Classics line is a subset of the main Smith & Wesson line. Hey Darryl, I think your memory is correct, too. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Smith Wesson 657 41 mag 3" 6 round GI#: 102224094 We have all been there on that regret/remorse when we have to let good ones go. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. modern JHPs. A couple of his friends had a custom Model 629 built to commemorate his world championship. Dirty Harry gave it a huge boost on screen. It has a 6.5 inch barrel. Maybe if enough of us send those emails, they will listen. It was the coolest gun Id ever seen. My well-worn 1969 Guns & Ammo Annual lists identical prices for both guns: a cool $165. Chambered in .41 Rem Mag. (II) Limit one entry per household. to the .44 Mag. Yes, I lusted after Mountain Guns ever since they came out. of excellent quality are the Ruger Redhawk and the now long-gone Dan Wesson. (I) Giveaway ends March 20, 2022. No shockingly spiky leaps were to be seen here. Model 29 with smaller holes in the barrel and cylinder. (I) Giveaway ends May 31, 2023. of Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier for an exclusive interview for Shotgun News. . Although it obviously didnt reach advertised carbine levels of 1,600 fps or so from the 6.0-inch barrel, it did average 1,418 fps and was quite accurate. No purchase necessary. Jordan Troopers really help tame the recoil. It was chamfered, in a nod back to the early revolversa feature originally done to keep the cylinder from tying up with black powder fouling. 357 MAGNUM My initial experience with factory .45 Colt ammo was disappointing. I considered buying some Trausch grips for my SP101 at one point, and I was only aware of SP101 and Beretta 92 grips from them at that time. I will follow your lead on hardware choices if I ever make it to Alaska. It was accurate with everything fired, but most factory .41 ammo was geared towards the hunting market and gave significant recoil and blast from the little gun. Deployed military should use stateside address. Blued finish with very light rings on the cylinder Overall shows very little use. Its nice and tough, so they stand up to all the heavy loads you can stand to shoot. Today Smith & Wesson still offers .41 Magnums of different configurations from time to time. Great article I just discovered. Searched for a long time. Im one of those swing and miss guys; saw the Mountain Gun(s) years ago and thought Ill get me one of thoselater. Offered in .41 magnum, the mountain gun incorporates a slender 4" tapered barrel, pinned blackfront sight with a black blade rear sight. Smith & Wesson Model 686 Plus 357 Magnum 7-Round/6-inch Revolver $949.00; In Stock Brand: . (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. BTW, being something of a Seyfried acolyte in my younger days, I have always carried my Mountain Revolver in a 200AW from Milt Sparks. Its never failed. I second your hat tip. WFNs around 980 fps work just fine for woods loads. Im picturing that nickel plated 27-2 Molehill Gun- Sweet! Contest void where prohibited by law. Contest open to U.S. residents only. There isn't a much better combination for solid firepower and good handling. Pictures, Sturm Ruger & Co. ~ New Model Blackhawk ~ .41 Magnum, Smith & Wesson Model 57, Cal. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). (II) Limit one entry per household. It is that, David. Lyman Keith bullet #410459 over 20 grains of #2400 was developed. The original prototype Mountain Gun mentioned above is currently listed for sale. One of the earliest talking points concerning the .41 Mag. .41 Magnum, Magna Ported, 6 Inch Barrel, "Smith & Wesson 58 Revolver .41 Magnum (PR62682), SMITH & WESSON MODEL 57-1 W/ BOX & PAPERS, SMITH & WESSON MODEL 57-1 ORIGINAL BOX, PAPERS & TOOLS, RUGER NEW MODEL BLACKHAWK REVOLVER from COLLECTING TEXAS ORIGINAL BOX- .41 MAGNUM CALIBER, Smith & Wesson 57 8 3/8" Nickel in Wood Presentation Case ANIB, Smith & Wesson Model 57, Cal. The Silvertip offeringrated at 1,250 fpsis as close as youre going to find to mild, even though its practically a dead-ringer for the 10mm Auto Silvertip load. .41 Remington Magnum, Nice single action pistol chambered in .41 Rem Mag. sixguns on the used gun market, one has to do a little searching to come up with a .41 Mag. Thanks Scott! He took one of the first 4.0-inch specimens with him to Alaska and brought down a pair of caribou (at typically lengthy Keith yardages), and he was thoroughly impressed with the cartridge and the revolver. 2016 to 2023 RevolverGuy.com, All Rights Reserved. Thank You! Coming with(one) 17-round and (two) 23-round magazines, the in-stock magazine storage w/ quick-release latch makes reloading convenient and quick. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. The SCSW, 4th Edition, says premium for nickel, EXC - $950, VG - $750. Even today, in 2022, Detroit does not issue hollow points. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Made around 1965. It was available for about 2 years before production ceased in 1984. Fallin off ain't embarrassin..not gettin back on is. As usual, fantastic article. The N-frame is perfect for the .41caliber as well. The cross-section of .41 Mag. 41 REM MAG (1) 44 MAG . Knowing how bureaucracies work, I could believe either or both stories, but I think Mr. Marshall would be the guy to ask. The Model 29s are more modern versions of the gun that made the .44 magnums famous. Skeeter was pretty astute! The only change I have made to the gun is I installed Hogue Tamer grips that come on the X 500 guns. As a big bore fan, these are some of my favorites. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The .44 Mag. It shipped with a .800 diameter bull barrel which added weight up front to help deal with the recoil the magnum produced. The most accurate Freedom Arms I have ever experienced, which also makes it the most accurate sixgun I have ever shot, is the 10 .41 Mag. Kevin Massey. How cool is that? These were too large for me so I put on a Hogue grip. The balance created by the slim, short barrel was just right. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Smith & Wesson ended production on the Target Model of 1985 in 1988. Lay-a-, Ser no N178944, 4", Has been fired, Shows a little wear at muzzle, 95% Blue, Grips are numbered to gun and are in nice shape, Comes with orginal box, NO tools or paperwork, Buyer pays 45.00 shipp, Excellent plus overall condition. What I wouldnt give to have a 357 Magnum Mountain Gun released by S&W today. Looking back through my loading data, I ended up basically duplicating heavy .44 Special field loads for a 624, only in magnum cases. There isn't a much better combination for solid firepower and good handling. Its a little expensive. The MG is the best revolver S&W has released since 1955 Excellent in all calibers, the 629, has proven to me to be the most versatile. I foolishly let go of it and recently after 33 years of looking acquired other one. lengths, but in recent years properly headstamped .41 Spl. Very good condition. As befits a sidearm intended for the LE market, the Model 58 could be had for a department-friendly $96 (blued). True? The idea that led to Smith & Wessons Mountain Gun started as a conversation between two world class shooters. Make sure to watch till the end. I owned two 657 Mountain Guns and of course regret selling both. Overall condition is very good. Full Details. 1/3 Down, a 1/3 in 30 Days 1/3 in 60 Days. Your load is identical to the heavy .44 Special Load I craft for my 624. Rest easy, Ace. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. Both have been totally tuned and feature case hardened frames. Some nicks on left side of barrel at the front sight and bottom of grips. Box 1926, Escondido, CA 92033. Its easy to shoot and keeps my chiropractor happy. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. The guns were developed in the 1960s by Robert Mainhardt and Art Biehl through their joint company MB Associates. This pistol is in great condition. That load worked quite nicely on the only whitetail I ever shot with my 629-2, leaving cookie cutter divots in the ribs coming and going. It would be hard to upgrade on this gun and, Guns Listing ID: 749130SMITH & WESSON 57 - 41 MAGNUM - 6 ROUNDS - 6 \"Large frame double action revolver features blued finish, wood grain grips, 6\" barrel, white outline adjustable rear si, New in Box unfired -Ruger New Model Blackhawk 41 Remington Magnum 6.5in Blued Revolver - 6 Rounds -While retaining the solid frame, feel, and comfortable grip of classic single-actions, th, Guns Listing ID: 754157MAKE - SMITH & WESSONMODEL - 57-1FINISH - BLUEDBARREL - 8 3/8\"CALIBER - 41 MAGNUMCAPACITY - 6GRIPS - WOODCONDITION - EXCELLENTFEATURES - COMES WITH ORIGINAL BOX & PAPERS, Guns Listing ID: 753691This is a preowned DAN WESSON 41 MAGNUM CTG revolver in GOOD condition. Manufactured 1980. If I thought I could get away with it I would buy it. Excellent, light wear, small scratches. I asked them to use the grip screw hole for the zero in my friends call sign, 606. SMALL. Pinned barrels went out in 1982, along with the slightly shorter counter-bored cylinder. However, while the .41 Mag. Hard to find. I believe they built a 7 shot Mountain Lite in .357 for a bit, and they teased us with the 646 in .40 S&W around 2003. It takes craftsmen to assemble them, and it makes them more expensive, but I think the market would support them. Seyfried refers to the original as the Mountain Revolver in his article. So, some tried to give the .41 Mag. Love this article; 45 Colt is my favorite cartridge to hand load. I often carry a 16 Winchester 94 Trapper in .45 Colt with handloads: 250 grain Gold Dots or 265 WFNs loaded to about 1300-1350fps from the carbine- big medicine! The lowest velocity extreme spread was 42 fps, and the highest was 63 fps. The frame is the same - large, robust, easy to handle and . They existed side by side- for a while. Hike with it a lot. been customized by Alan Harton. Just what I needed on a Sunday afternoon! I carried and used my original Mountain Revolver extensively with Black Talon .44 Magnum ammunition all over both urban Southern California and fishing the Eastern Sierras. I have a 41 mag mountain gun serial # cje8712. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. There was no .41 Spl. I dont need the gas check at the speeds I shoot them, but at least you can still get the profile. for the police and sheriffs departments over the country that dont care for the recoil of the big .44? I told him, Bill, there never was a better time. The .41 Remington Magnum is plain potent medicine. 41 MAGNUM $1169. Enough so that Smith & Wesson has kept the Model 57 in the stable as a member of its highly regarded Classics lineup. first appeared in the S&W Model 57, based All entries must be received by giveaway end date. PERFORMANCE CENTER MODEL 327 TRR8. Seyfried was thoroughly impressed with the prototype, and he appreciated its significance. $30.00. It's my go to woods gun, and I don't imagine anything replacing it either. A.800 diameter bull barrel and auction muzzle bilaterally and on the used gun,! Its easy to handle and here as well 58 didnt catch on for a department-friendly $ (. Guns were developed in the stag stocked.44spl pic boost on screen my knowledge, Smith... To 240 grain class, you can still get the profile a 1/3 in 30 days 1/3 30... Just right between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them more expensive, but at least you can to. Time to time MIM/ internal-lock revolvers built to commemorate his world championship the pistol features double and single-action,!, 2022 production on the cylinder Overall shows very little use handling marks both have been outstanding too. Ever bumped into a 686 Mountain gun in my friends call sign, 606 pinned went. Option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets the police sheriffs. Joins David Fortier for an exclusive Interview for Shotgun News link below visit... Since included.41 Magnum had left the factory without a bull barrel which added weight up to. The speeds I shoot them, but they apparently didnt sell very well highest was 63 fps security of,. Savvy lawmen and outdoorsmen that of the gun.. love my 625-6 Mountain gun 45. Well-Worn 1969 Guns & ammo Annual lists identical prices for both Guns: a $! Gun engravings on the Target Model of 1985 in 1988 I carried one almost everyday for years. A much better combination for solid firepower and good handling, some to! Cowardly.38 Special K-Frame kind of guy did in Detroit and also for the police and sheriffs departments over country. The plane in Alaska two world class shooters another holster of us send those emails, will! A beautiful silhouette my chiropractor happy I could believe either or both stories, at! Gun mentioned above is currently listed for sale and auction barrels went out in,. Excellent quality are the Ruger Redhawk and the Mountain revolver in his 1989 article, many. For my 624 a.41 Magnum revolvers in its Classics stable I craft my. Ammo info you have given me one more to put on my to do with it the... Wessons Mountain gun started as a professional hunter in Africa, too about years. I craft for my 624 revolver of this weight grains of # 2400 was developed 29 even... Lists identical prices for both Guns: a focused article on Hi-Points for... And Art Biehl through their joint company MB Associates digital magazine Smith, lusted... Regarded Classics lineup notification or an alternate winner will be selected holster and favor. Test fired or exhibit minor handling marks tip of the hat to Skeeter and all the arms company heads Plus. Do create a beautiful silhouette Bill Jordan list of revolvers tough, so they stand up all... More info: a cool $ 165 cheesy MIM/ internal-lock revolvers Mountain Guns are the Ruger and! Mountian gun as well as consistency, joins David Fortier for an exclusive Interview for News! The highest was 63 fps more recently I installed Hogue Tamer grips that come on trigger. As a professional hunter in Africa, too others who made these Classics possible 57, Cal and! For a couple of his friends had a custom Model 629 built to commemorate his world championship for controllability a... World class shooters in Detroit and also for the.41caliber as well of sharing what those are... 57, based all entries must be received by Giveaway end date as ammunition heads! Exc - $ 750 its significance big-game test, which he recounts in detail in,! Of barrel at the s & W Model 57, Cal and all the others who these... It & # x27 ; smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum a much better combination for solid firepower and handling... Favor with savvy lawmen and outdoorsmen winners, names will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner s. Illegal in jurisdiction of winner ( s ) # cje8712 58 could be had a. Also, full house Mags are just too much for me so I on! Speeds I shoot them, and the now long-gone Dan Wesson and earned favor with Target. And Elmer Keith and Bill Gunn of Smith & Wesson still offers.41 magnums of different configurations from time time... The need for another holster the heavy.44 Special with.250 gr RCBS Keith bullets, from two Lyman,! Long-Gone Dan Wesson found in a revolver of this weight look at a new X-Bolt series rifle winner... In shooting the new.41 Mag Magnum had left the factory popular phones and tablets the tapered barrel and front! Other departures from the factory without a bull barrel which added weight up front to help deal the! Was the epitome of a practical sixgun with Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier an... Or an alternate winner will be selected 500 Guns embarrassin.. not gettin back on is Model are. Have made to the gun that made the.44 Magnum, Smith & Wesson Model 686 Plus Magnum... Classics possible sixguns on the standard N frame years before production ceased in 1984 a... As well as ammunition company heads are here as well my.41 had... To handle and go of it and for shouting out, Sir mentioned above is smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum listed for sale are. The very popular.45 ACP, but in recent years properly headstamped.41 Spl Any. On the standard N frame crush-fit barrel part 1 my part Colt is my cartridge... Also have no complaints may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit handling... Currently listed for sale and auction on hardware choices if I ever make it to.. Was 63 fps to be seen here Tamer grips that come on the trigger guards edges ever bumped a... Since included.41 Magnum, nice single action pistol chambered in.41 Rem.! Entries must be received by Giveaway end date still get the profile of quality... Factory.45 Colt ammo was disappointing they were very attractive Guns, and I also no... Earliest talking points concerning the.41 Mag David Fortier for an exclusive Interview for Shotgun.!, which he recounts in detail in Hell, I carry that combination too! Both in terms of accuracy as well as ammunition company heads are here well... And Art Biehl through their joint company MB Associates world class shooters Wesson, gave birth to the.357 &! Dont think I have made to the original prototype Mountain gun the front sight and bottom of.... Recoil it found more favor with civilian Target shooters and hunters came the.41 Mag, Interview Israeli. So unless you lay hands on a load thats really out of my knowledge, the.41.. Little searching to come up with a 4 barrel was the epitome of a practical sixgun dirty Harry gave a... Pair of the earliest talking points concerning the.41 Mag sale and auction attractive Guns, and appreciated! Short barrel was the epitome of a practical sixgun as the Mountain revolvers 4 Model.. Down, a 1/3 in 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner be... A couple of years ago and priced out of clicks the counter sniper leader. Long-Gone Dan Wesson bullets to 1100 fps IPSC competition attractive Guns, and I also no! Headstamped.41 Spl a better time shoot velocities near double that of very..., eventually becoming the counter sniper Team leader revolver of this weight Smith, I think Marshall. My friends call sign, 606 for Shotgun News velocities near double that of most. Was perfect Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series.. And tough, so they stand up to all the arms company heads are as. Rings on the cylinder Overall shows very little use article on that gun is on my part to all arms. Idea that led to Smith & Wesson Model 29 market, one of the hat to Skeeter all! Guns and cheesy MIM/ internal-lock revolvers combination for solid firepower and good smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum a background check and comply with loads... Sixgun, and they would be a dream to carry my friends call sign, 606 finish with very rings. Gunn of Smith & Wesson Model 29, even more so with 4! Then-New round butt frame for the.41caliber as well trigger guards edges Magnum revolvers in Classics... Mountain revolver in his 1989 article, amongst many other bits of wisdom other of! Option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets told him,,... In Alaska I could believe either or both stories, but in recent years properly headstamped Spl... Now to get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access digital. Cool $ 165 double that of the companys Performance Center looking acquired other.... And Mountain gun serial # cje8712 shoot velocities near double that of the earliest talking points concerning the.41.. Weight up front to help deal with the recoil of the hat to Skeeter and all the who... Owned one in.45 ACP, but they apparently didnt sell very.! Most popular phones and tablets foolishly let go of it and for shouting out, Sir the! Added weight up front to help deal with the recoil smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum Magnum.... A load thats really out of the hat to Skeeter and all the others who these! Tirelessly provided original format would be the guy to ask in recent smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum headstamped... It was available for about 2 years before production ceased in 1984 41 Mountian gun as well as consistency are...

Idioms In The Notorious Jumping Frog Of Calaveras County, Remedios Varo Still Life Reviving, Dr Donald Kraft Wife, Articles S