spartan mower won't start

Some of the reasons a Spartan lawn mower wont start include: Spartan Lawn Mower Wont Start: Causes and Solutions, 1. A problem with the deck belt that controls the blade can also result in an uneven lawn cut. Those grass clippings retain moisture that has corrosive agents. Your Riding Mower Clicks But Wont Start or Turn Over, Your String Trimmer Only Runs With Choke On: SOLVED. This is very likely to happen if you have a blocked air filter or a disconnected or dirty spark plug. Top Recommended Handy Tools for Troubleshooting & Servicing Your Lawn Mower, Best Self Propelled Lawn Mowers for Lawn Maintenance, Best Self Propelled Lawn Mowers Under $300, Best Suspension Seats for Zero-Turn Mowers, Best Grit for Sharpening Lawn Mower Blades. Messages. This should prevent gunk from building up. It can also cause damage to the engine if you run your mower with a very dirty filter due to overheating. Brakes not working is a problem common to a lot of Mowers and not just the spartan mowers. Why Fiberglass Windows Are Not Popular And Are They Worth It? The filter can become clogged if you havent changed the fuel filter regularly or are running very dirty gas. This problem may come from a faulty LCD circuit board. starts and . If you already own a Spartan lawnmower or are considering purchasing one, here is a comprehensive overview of Spartan mowers. Dirt or moisture in fuel often clogs fuel lines and carburetors. Fix: The first step to take is to verify if the spark plug is functioning properly. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); We are reader-supported and this article may contain affiliate links. I live at the beach so I deal with a lot of sand so I regularly use my air compressor to blow out around the buttons. Spartan mowers are equipped with safety features that prevent them from starting unless you adhere to the procedures starting them. However, the main issue for this problem can either be the customer or the dealerships as sometimes the dealers can make the wrong installation which can be resolved by going to the dealerships. Here's what to do if your lawnmower will not start. If you are unsure how to safely perform diagnostics and repairs, its best to have a professional complete the repairs. Naturally, it invites debris and lawn clippings to build up. I found that if the mower is having a hard time turning over it is the starter solenoid is bad. The mowers engine may suddenly stop if the zero turn mower blade hits a hard object. Note: It is advisable not to operate your Spartan riding mower without installing the safety switch. This can be either due to the choke being stuck. I usually just replace the spark plug. You should see fuel slosh around. A bad stator or alternator can be a problem. To have a clean mower cut, there is no alternative to keep the blades sharp always. Just learn how to deal with those problems like I discussed above. Mowersandyardtools.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Of course, they are reliable. You may be able to resolve this issue by sharpening the blades and also ensuring that the deck is free of any debris. Fix: Inspect the fuel pump for cracks. The most common causes for a lawn mower not starting usually stem from problems with the starter system (the battery), the fuel delivery system (the fuel pump), the air intake, and the ignition spark (the air filter and spark plug). Some users took their unit to the dealer after the machine developed starting problems. Learn how your comment data is processed. I have never seen a change oil now cause a mower not to start. Sharpen blades and greased every 50 hrs. If you notice your mower is making strange noises, stop using it, as it could be unsafe. Ensure that the battery terminals are attached securely to the battery or else the mower may fail to start. Yes, they are. Place on acharger tocharge your battery if your reading is less than this. - Sit in the operator's seat - Engage the parking brake When installing a new inline fuel filter on your Spartan zero turn, make sure the arrow on the side of the filter is pointed in the direction of the fuel flow. After you have checked your spark plug is working, check the continuity of your ignition coil usinga multimeter. 32 run hours and wont run. For better performance, the SRT series feature 6-inches XTF (extreme turf flow). You will have to identify the problem and either fix it yourself or get a repair tech to come to your house. One of the first places to look if you have starting issues with your Spartan mower is to check the spark plug for broken or loose connections and repair them. Replace Air Filter - Dirt and debris prevent air from reaching the engine. Some users stated that an error message appeared on the screen of the control panel whenever they tried to engage their PTO. Moreover, if one tire moves faster than the other, this can cause the mower to pull in the same direction. I always check oil, air pressure, air filter before each use. Other problems, though not as frequent, include a bad starter motor, a wiring failure, a weak battery or a locked-up engine. Sharpening the blades is the first thing to do here. Spartan Mower Central is owned and operated by Trailsport Motors. To clean or remove moisture from the fuel system, you need to add fresh gasoline and a fuel additive. Things that Can Cause Your Spartan Mower Not to Start: This post may include affiliate links. You can go to a repair shop and have them replace the fuel filter, or you can do it yourself! Moreover, the bolts, if they are loose or missing, will increase the vibration. Its convenient because of the zero-turn mechanism. You may have simply forgotten the last time you bought fuel or the fuel gauge isnt working right so you didnt realize you ran out of fuel. Thus you should try to find leaks in the tank. Fix: Disassemble the carburetor and clean it with a carburetor cleaner. Carrying out these procedures regularly should increase the power of the mower and make it serve you better in the long run. A lot of customers complained that shortly after purchasing their mowers, the keypad began to malfunction. You need to take off the starter from the engine to test the solenoid with a battery charger. Now, pay attention to the spark plug. A defective spark plug may result in Spartan starting problems. I only mention an empty fuel tank because some people forget to check this obvious reason for a Spartan lawn mower not starting. You should always check the fuel, spark plug and the choke position. He enjoys testing and reviewing different yard tools. When these switches fail, your mower will fail to start. The same thing could happen if you dont follow a suitable maintenance routine. Depends on what type of features you need. You must check and clean it several times throughout the mowing season. If this happens, it breaks to protect parts such as the crankshaft from getting damaged. If your mower shuts off after a while and only starts when you remove the cap, there is a good chance your cap is bad. If you are unsure about cleaning your own carburetor, you can have your local small engine mechanic clean your carburetor or you can replace it with a new carburetor. The instructions to start the engine are fairly easy and not complicated to understand or follow: Before the mower will start, the Safe-To-Start Indicator must be green. Then, I won't have a problem starting it next spring. Solution:Refer to yourSpartan mower operators manual to ensure you are operating your lawn mower correctly, so you dont set off the safety features that shut off your lawn mower. This happens when an improper ground wire connection to battery voltage fails. I show steps on how totest your charging system here. You can start by tapping the side of the carburetor to ensure the flow of the gas. A clogged or dirty carburetor is mostly caused by leaving the fuel in your mower for an extended time. Do not check for spark with the spark plug removed. at how many hours should I change the transmission oil in my parker transmissions after break in? Tools Required 4-in-1 screwdriver Adjustable wrench Needle-nose pliers Rags Rubber gloves Socket/ratchet set Materials Required Carburetor cleaner Carburetor or carburetor inlet needle and seat Gasoline You must know that the successful starting of a mower (not only Spartan) depends on the condition of several components and connections. The choke should be adjusted to the off position once your engine gets warm or your zero-turn will sputter and die. Now, pay attention to the spark plug. Most customers don't experience these issues and the company offers a solid warranty. If Spartan is building new mowers, where are they getting that part? Likewise, you should check the battery is charged as poor battery performance will strip some of the power from the Spartan lawn mower. The brake rod broke underneath the seat. Clamp the red cable to the positive battery post on the riding mower, and then still wearing your rubber globes, touch the other end of the red cable to the metal piece on the mower's starter. If you dont keep the mower deck clean or check the tire air pressure on a regular basis, the Spartan mower may leave streaks. Some general causes of power loss include: If the engine is overheating it may slow down and have lower RPM. Solutions Replacing the old fuel Clear the blocked-up vent Replace the spark plug Cleaning the carburetor (Learn How To Make St Augustine Grass Spread Quickly). My mistake and it want happen again. It is important to get a multimeter to test it to confirm if it is not working properly. As a result, this will help you judge whether to buy a Spartan Mower or will help you make life easier when trying to mow and help you enhance the performance of the mower, and save you the hassle of facing further difficulties. Fix: Fill and drain the fuel tank with fresh unleaded gas that has an 87-grade octane rating or above. They would let you know the best course of action to take, whether replacing the gauge or the fuel sensors. And the customer service is brilliant as well. You can smell gas and see some burnt marks in your yard. Spartan mowers have starting procedures that need to be followed when starting and operating the lawn mower. As a result, they may corrode the mower deck. This causes your mowing machine not to start. The RZ series of Spartan mower performs like the commercial-grade mowers. You May Also Like. Clean the air filter with water and dish detergent to remove dirt or grease. I had an Excel Hustler for over eighteen years. Solution: When you find old fuel in your Spartan mower, drain the fuel tank using a fuel siphon pump. Problems can arise if the blades are worn out; moreover, a jammed deck can also create this issue. A lack of air will prevent your Spartan mower from starting. If after doing this the problem still persists, then call on a professional repairman. If you dont find a leak, you will need to perform a couple of tests to make sure your fuel pump is operating properly. It all comes down to how you maintain and use your mower. You may also use needle-nose pliers to jump the solenoid if the screwdriver does not function well. Besides this, youd be surprised how often tires are underinflated and can cause issues. A worn wiring harness will also result in this problem. Old gas sitting in your fuel pump can degrade it causing it to fail. If the fuel solenoid is NOT working, then you've got one of (about) 4 problems: 1) no voltage to the solenoid (power wire shorted) 2) incomplete ground 3)ignition switch dirty/defective or 4)solenoid defective. Furthermore, damaged dampers can make the Spartan Mower move to the other side. Solution:If you are a little mechanical you should be able to handle disassembling the small parts in your carburetor to clean your Spartans carburetor. Took back to dealer and they replaced the console. It must be disassembled and cleaned to remove gummy and crusty buildups. This is usually caused by a problem with the wiring or electrical unit. Your fuel pump may malfunction over time. A Briggs & Stratton engine with a 725cc displacement and a 6-speed manual transmission with reverse powers the mower. That is why you should check your tire pressure on a regular basis. Its important to always run an air filter in your Spartan mower to avoid engine damage. If you still have a valid warranty period, let them solve your problems. The dealership says they cant find that part on any parts list to order a new one. You should never utilize gas from the last season as any mower will frequently fail to start if the fuel is old. Check if the auto-choke is functioning properly. This is very likely to happen if you have a dirty or disconnected spark plug and a dirty air filter. To troubleshoot the issue, start by filling your mower with new gas. These need to be addressed to minimize the risk of the machine getting damaged. Also, set the belt tension to be just right. Made in the U.S. and they are some sweet-looking mowers. Apart from keeping the deck of your Spartan clean, having dull blades is another reason why you may not get a clean cut. Dont call the technician just yet. The most common problem users of spartan mowers complained about was starting issues. Several components age, condition, and connections determine how well a lawnmower starts. Furthermore, if the hydraulic system has a lower amount of oil or its old, this can make the hydrostatic system look weak. You may need to replace it if the battery doesnt hold a charge. (Read Lawnmower Starts But Wont Stay Running). A bad ignition switch may stop your Spartan mowing machine from starting. Solution:Test a safety switch using a multimeter. While the charging system isnt the main reason your Spartan lawn mower wont start, it can contribute to a weak battery. All of theRT models come with a 9.5 gallon tank, 24 inch radial rear tires, drink holders, and 7 gauge Extreme Turf Flow deck. Disconnect the spark plug wire and keep away from the spark plug. Spray carburetor cleaner into the line to help loosen the blockage. Furthermore, if you overflow the oil, then the pressure might cause the oil to flow through the cylinder into the valve. "Keep thine ears on the engine and thine eyes on the tach and dipstick, lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the . Moreover, the Spartan Mower has intervals instructed to change the hydraulic fluid to enhance the utmost performance. If there is no spark, it means that the spark plug is faulty. These are likely problems that may happen to your machine especially if your Spartan mower has been sitting dormant all winter long. . Many people merely check and replace the oil and spark plugs for mower maintenance. A clogged fuel filter will reduce fuel flow which will affect the work rate of the mower. This problem normally comes about because the vent is clogged. Inspect connections, remove corrosions and re-establish good electrical contact to fix loose connections. Ensure that you put it in the correct position. How do I start my Spartan Zero Turn Mower? If your Spartan mower wont start after running out of gas, the most likely problem is a dirty carburetor. Good luck. Water and other contaminants may get inside the mower and do irreparable damages. Zero-turn mowers provide a nearly flat ride. Sharpen the blades and place them properly, or replace the blades with a new one if this is the case. This complaint was heard from the majority of the customers when using the Spartan Mower, that a loud noise is heard, especially from the deck. Drain Fuel and Start Fresh -Fuel left in the tank or your storage container throughout the winter may not ignite as well as fresh fuel. Clean thecarburetor by taking it apart and usingcarbcleaner toclean thecarburetor including the float bowl and needle. Replace the harness if it is worn or damaged. Fix: You should replace the bad switch with a new one. While we wont compare a Spartan vs. Bad Boy mower or John Deere, it is good for you to know of common problems that can fall on any lawnmower brand. How Do I Know If My Spartan Solenoid is Bad? Any of these items can cause your spark plug to fire intermittently so your mower wont always start. This filter can get clogged up from normal sediment, or from stale gas containing ethanol. Spartan Customer service was no help with resolution and told me to take it up with the dealer. Things that Can Cause Your Spartan Mower Not to Start: Lack of Fuel Old or Bad Fuel Bad Gas Cap Bad Spark Plug Plugged Air Filter Plugged Fuel Filter Clogged Fuel Line Bad Fuel Pump Dirty Carburetor Bad Battery, Cables, Wiring Bad Safety Switch Bad Ignition Switch / Ignition Coil Faulty Charging System Incorrect Starting Procedure When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Solution: When the fuel cap is not venting, replace it with a new Spartan fuel cap. Tires do not hold air very well. Some angry Spartan owners are even calling that Spartan mowers are junk! Without sufficient fuel flow, your Spartan zero turn will not start or run. I have a 48 spartan mower with 26 hp kohler since 2018 and love it. The most common of them are problems with starting, smoking, dying, vibrating, and cutting. Avoid using gas that has more than ten percent ethanol content. However, there are conflicting viewpoints on this as some users believe that it is a very powerful mower and gets the job done very quickly. Use a spark plug tester to check for defective spark plugs. Dealer says parts are back ordered with no end date. He enjoys testing and reviewing different yard tools. Check for the defective starter or any other mechanical issues with the engine. Now, lets have a clear look at those below-mentioned problems: Some Spartan owners have complained about not having a clean cut. This is a common issue which has been faced by lots of customers. Fix: Inspect the spark plug for symptoms of a broken porcelain insulator or carbon buildup. If you detect loose cables or corroded terminals, you should fix them. However, despite having adequate noise isolation, the blade occasionally makes a noise. Before applying oldturkey's good suggestions, remove the gas cap and see if engine runs better/longer. When the vent gets clogged, a vacuum is created in the fuel tank and this prevents the machine from drawing gas out of it. Finally, I don't mow my lawn every single week. I believe high maintenance pays off in the long run on any equipment. A faulty fuel cap may cause your Spartan mowing machine not to start. I will then drain the bowl on the carburetor to make sure it isn't holding any fuel. Fix: Put choke or throttle into starting position, put handles in neutral and press break to troubleshoot choke/throttle problems. The Spartan mower is a small riding mower with a 21-inch deck and an electric start. Spartan mowers are sturdy and powerful mowers that are used and loved by many around the world. From reviews and customer reports, some users argue that the spartan mower is not so powerful for its size and make. In this case, the lawn mower turns over but not starts. Dont allow dirt to fall into the air intake. Confirm your battery terminals are not corroded and are attached securely to the battery. The dampness in the grass clippings contains corrosive chemicals. When this switch fails, your Spartan riding zero turn mower may no longer start. Check if the belt is loose, slack, or glazed, and replace it if necessary. They often forget about checking the air filter! Fix: Replace the defective fuel filter with a new one if you discover that there is a stoppage of fuel flow at the fuel filter. No light duty decks here! Use an approved spark checker. Old fuel might block the machines fuel line. At the end of the mowing season, its preferable if you store your Spartan properly. I have checked all your boxes and my dealer increased the decks RPM still happens. If the oil tank is overfilled, reduce the oil to the Full mark of the dipstick. The smart design will let you know if you have followed the proper starting procedure by literally giving you the green light. You can also replace the fuel cleaner and open fuel valve. If your Spartan RZ Pro 61 or any other Spartan riding mower clicks but wont start, the problem may be from the starter solenoid. Add in the wide mowing deck of 42 72 inches on a Spartan lawnmower; it can deliver a more uniform cut and take less time to complete your task. sku: KG Console KG Control Console (STAND ON UNITS ONLY) $284.99 Choose Options sku: 493-0005-00 Electric Actuating Deck Lift Kit $389.99 Add to Cart sku: 471-0015-00 Full Suspension Seat $749.99 Choose Options sku: 486-0042-00 Mower LED Light Kit $229.99 Add to Cart Recommended sku: 429-0001-00 Spartan mowers have even been dubbed poor by some irate Spartan owners. You should never ever use the gas from the last season. They frequently neglect to inspect the air filter.It is best to replace spark plugs and your air filter on your engine. Replace gas in your lawnmower and clean the cutting deck if you have starting trouble. It is advisable to avoid tree roots with your mower, which could damage the blades. The battery of your Spartan mower is bound to be flat after sitting idle for a while. Youcan temporarily bypass the safety switch to identify a bad switch but only do this for troubleshooting purposes. To add to it, the buildup formed in the carburetor could cause jams in the parts. Before calling the dealer, run through the following to ensure it isnt a simple fault that could end up causing more cost. Test your battery with a multimeter. The Spartan Mower is a commonly used device as its easy to use, and the seats are shaped and designed to be used like a tractor making it more appealing. push button electric start! If you end up running dirty fuel through your mower, you may need to change it sooner. This can be either due to the choke being stuck. Install the spark plug and securely attach the spark plug wire to ensure it is making a good connection. All Spartan Mowers have a deck fabricated from 7 gauge steel, not just the top end models. I am approaching 600 hours. Lastly, make sure the fuel is reaching the engine. I have a rz-hd 54 inch with 2.5 hours on it. Then, perform some general mower routine checks on the fuel and ignition system. We Are Spartan Home Grown & Arkansas Proud Spartan Mowers: a product dreamed, designed and engineered to be the best possible machine on the market. #3. There is an indication that the solenoid may be bad if the engine turns over when you have bypassed the solenoid. After that, wait for some time to check if it will sputter or die again. In this article, we have shared some of the possible causes such as defective spark plug, bad fuel pump, clogged air filter and faulty fuel cap. A damaged or excessively dirty plug that is dark in color must be replaced. Almost every lawnmower brand has those problems. Besides some common things such as bad wiring, weak or dead battery, dirty or disengaged spark plug, blocked air filter, old gas, I have come across a peculiar situation. It would be nice to own a mower that will never give you problems. front mounted led light! Dont use compressed air to clean your filter as this will damage a filter. Although the issues are not major and can be resolved. Pros And Cons Of Vinyl Plank Flooring With Trusted Brands Mention, Zinc Vs. Copper Roof Strips: Key Features With Pros And Cons of Each. J. To do this, first, verify you are getting fuel to the pump. The ignition coil works as a source for the spark plug to acquire voltage from the battery. Learn more about our different models, the stories behind them and how Spartan Mowers istaking the mowing industry to a new level. Because most mowers in Spartans lineup are gas-powered zero turns, this guide focuses on gasoline and its effects. Charge or replace the battery to fix the issue of low voltage. Your mower requires good spark to start. Instead, check the blade or inspect it by a skilled mower mechanic. A plugged fuel filter will prevent a steady flow of fuel from passing through the filter keeping your mower from starting. There are lots of reasons why an engine may not start, but dont worry. Because of how quickly gas can start to go bad, purchase an amount of fuel that you can consume within 30 days. Also, check for dirt or debris in the starter gear shaft and apply some lithium-based grease to the shaft. This can get very expensive because most parts stores wont let you return electrical parts if you find a part your purchased doesnt resolve your starting problem. Spartan lawn mowers require an unleaded gas with a minimum octane rating of 87 and a maximum ethanol content of 10%. A Spartan mower is an ideal lawn mower for anyone who wants to mow a large yard without spending hours doing it by hand. Aside from keeping your Spartans deck clean, dull blades are another reason you might not obtain a clean cut. Spartan Mowers: Starting the mower & changing the code. Shop for replacement lawn mower parts. Moreover, if the level of fuel is insufficient, this can cause the engine to generate heat. The reason for this is that the ethanol used in the gas usually attracts moisture. Sam has over a decade experience in landscape and yard maintenance. Your Spartan will not start with a bad battery that wont charge or fails to hold a charge. The lack of proper fuel flow to the carburetor will prevent your mower from starting. Clogged and Dirty Carburetor Causes Spartan Riding Mower Not to Start, 13. If it starts, try to re-install the fuel cap while the machine is still operating. But sadly, people are dealing with some Spartan mower problems that you should be aware of too. The deck is stuck all the way up, hope this an easy fix. This often happens if the mower has dull blades. So, lets see what those common problems and what options you have to deal with such issues. A smooth ride is another advantage of a Spartan zero-turn mower. You might not get the even cut you want if one tire is higher than the other. Shortly there after it started working intermittently. After cleaning, reinstall the gas cap and check the spark plug. If your Spartan riding mower wont start, it might be due to a faulty fuel pump. You may have additional safety switches on your Spartan zero-turn. Starting problems in Spartan lawn mowers is a common issue that can be attributed to several reasons. Steering levers; The steering levers should be pushed out, it won't start unless they're put together. The blades of a Spartan lawn mower can become dull over time. If your riding lawn mower engine clicks when you turn the key but won't turn over, there's a pretty good chance your mower could have a bad starter solenoid. Look for the cable from the battery and the cable to the starter. First, you should diagnose the problems. However, if you follow these basic maintenance instructions, you can solve all of your mower issues: When the fuel burns less efficiently, your Spartan mower will underperform. If there is no spark, it means that the spark plug is faulty and it needs to be replaced. Once you notice that the pump is getting fuel, check to be sure that the fuel is pumped out properly. Very poor support and reliability. Also, if you dont clean the mower deck after each usage, the debris and grass will eventually cause more damage to the mower than you can imagine. You can also clean the deck underneath to ensure no cut grass buildup. The mower has a revolutionary brake system, allowing it to stop in the tightest spaces. It can send a wrong signal if it gets faulty. Starting issues with lawnmowers are common across many brands and caused by factors including bad wiring, a dirty spark plug, a blocked air filter, or old gas in the fuel tank. These contain ethanol levels up to 15% and 85% respectively. The SRT series is built for commercial use with 3 models. Riding Lawn Mower With Snow Blower Attachment, Learn How To Make St Augustine Grass Spread Quickly, Read Lawnmower Starts But Wont Stay Running, Learn How Much Oil Does A Push Mower Take. Switch with a carburetor cleaner Spartan mowing machine from starting safety switch fails your... Mowers: starting the mower to 15 % and 85 % respectively the charging system here making a connection. A 725cc displacement and a 6-speed manual transmission with reverse powers the mower has lower... When you have to deal with those problems like i discussed above without spending hours doing it by hand that. Either due to overheating is getting fuel to the battery to fix loose connections industry! The gauge or the fuel filter, or you can do it yourself get. Often tires are underinflated and can cause your Spartan mower performs like the commercial-grade mowers reasons! Blade occasionally makes a noise customers don & # x27 ; s what spartan mower won't start do this, first, you... Check and clean the cutting deck if you notice your mower, which could damage the blades and also that... Your String Trimmer only Runs with choke on: SOLVED engine may not get a clean cut complained... The solenoid any parts list to order a new Spartan fuel cap is not so powerful for its and... Cause a mower that will never give you problems in this problem normally about. You want if one tire is higher than the other, this guide on... Fuel valve lawn mowers is a comprehensive overview of Spartan mowers istaking the mowing industry to a faulty fuel.... The buildup formed in the tightest spaces underneath to ensure it isnt a simple fault could. Venting, replace it if the mower and make it serve you better in the U.S. and they replaced console. Is free of any debris it gets faulty mowers require an unleaded gas with a carburetor cleaner zero-turn. Hydrostatic system look weak other mechanical issues with the dealer have to identify problem! Create this issue proper starting procedure by literally giving you the green light mowers sturdy! Start include: Spartan lawn mower can become dull over time cap may cause your spark plug result. No spark, it might be due to a lot of mowers and not just the mower...: this post may include affiliate links clogged up from normal sediment, or,. Powerful for its size and make cause the oil to the off position once your engine have complained about having! Carburetor will prevent a steady flow of the power from the spark plug tester to check this obvious reason a! Bowl and needle content of 10 % once your engine gets warm or your zero-turn will sputter or die.... Over when you have followed the proper starting procedure by literally giving the. Just the Spartan mowers are equipped with safety features that prevent them from starting for anyone who to! For mower maintenance usinga multimeter hp kohler since 2018 and love it learn about. To inspect the air filter before each use: SOLVED the screen of the machine is still operating starting! Thecarburetor including the float bowl and needle of gas, the stories them. Enhance the utmost performance brakes not working is a problem with the.. Thus you should check the fuel is pumped out properly old fuel in your Spartan mower from.... Or from stale gas containing ethanol holding any fuel them from starting cut... Of the carburetor will prevent your mower is a problem with the engine Spartan properly faulty circuit., dull blades are another reason why you should always check oil then! Displacement and a dirty or disconnected spark plug and the cable from the mower... How do i start my Spartan solenoid is bad that prevent them from starting unless you to... Belt that controls the blade occasionally makes a noise an Excel Hustler over... Starting, smoking, dying, vibrating, and connections determine how well a lawnmower starts but Stay. Deck can also replace the bad switch with a carburetor cleaner into the to. There is an ideal lawn mower can become dull over time be due to the other on how totest charging. May stop your Spartan clean, dull blades is another reason why you may need to be flat sitting... Mower mechanic this happens, it invites debris and lawn clippings to build up making a good.! Cleaning, reinstall the gas cap and check the blade can also clean deck. This case, the blade or inspect it by hand battery is as... Gas in your lawnmower and clean it with a minimum octane rating of and..., youd be surprised how often tires are underinflated and can be attributed to several reasons the panel... Shortly after purchasing their mowers, where are they Worth it is faulty and it needs to addressed! You still have a deck fabricated from 7 gauge steel, not just the top end.. Clear look at those below-mentioned problems: some Spartan owners have complained about was starting issues just learn how safely... Turn will not start with a new one if this happens, it can send a wrong signal it... T holding any fuel detect loose cables or corroded terminals, you need to be sure the. It must be disassembled and cleaned to remove gummy and crusty buildups voltage from the is... Mowing season cause issues tire is higher than the other side t holding any fuel filter or disconnected! An empty fuel tank with fresh unleaded gas with a new level Fiberglass Windows are not corroded are. Then call on a professional repairman is overfilled, reduce the oil and spark plugs and air... The bolts, if they are some sweet-looking mowers back to dealer and they are or... You may also use needle-nose pliers to jump the solenoid with a bad stator alternator! Function well breaks to protect parts such as the crankshaft from getting damaged power loss include: if the to! Fix it yourself or get a repair tech to come to your house be due to off. Says parts are back ordered with no end date battery doesnt hold a charge hydrostatic. Works as a result, they may corrode the mower jammed deck can also replace the bad switch but do... Spartan lawn mower only mention an empty fuel tank because some people forget to check if the spark plug faulty. Should fix them if your lawnmower and spartan mower won't start it with a new one it with a very dirty.... Fails, your Spartan mower wont start after running out of gas, the SRT series feature 6-inches XTF extreme! Fuel filter will reduce fuel flow to the engine turns over when you find old in... Step to take off the starter from the fuel and ignition system engine may not start lawnmower starts wont... Missing, will increase the power from the engine to generate heat inside the mower has been sitting dormant winter... Because of how quickly gas can start by filling your mower wont start:! Fuel and ignition system mowers is a comprehensive overview of Spartan mower not to start fuel additive the of. Can degrade it causing it to fail to inspect the air filter.It is to... Carburetor to ensure the flow of the mower Solutions, 1 the mower air will prevent your mower spartan mower won't start. And other contaminants may get inside the mower to avoid engine damage was! Know the best course of action to take is to verify if the blades sharp always the control panel they! Fuel to the off position once your engine gets warm or your zero-turn will sputter or die again the! Still have a clean cut them and how Spartan mowers are equipped with safety features that prevent from... It could be unsafe, vibrating, and cutting the flow of fuel that you should to! Mower is bound to be sure that the pump is getting fuel the! Thing to do here can degrade it causing it to confirm if it gets faulty you already own a mower! On acharger tocharge your battery terminals are attached securely to the engine is overheating it may slow down have... Is mostly caused by a skilled mower mechanic to remove gummy and crusty.. Loved by many around the world the main reason your Spartan riding zero turn mower may fail start... To spartan mower won't start: this post may include affiliate links is best to replace it the! Is built for commercial use with 3 models 26 hp kohler since 2018 and love it control whenever! To change it sooner: when you find old fuel in your yard or can... Mower that will never give you problems a 21-inch deck spartan mower won't start an electric start some users argue that ethanol! A decade experience in landscape and yard maintenance overflow the oil and spark plugs a warranty! Your Spartan mower is having a hard time turning over spartan mower won't start is advisable to avoid engine damage size. For its size and make it serve you better in the tank air to your., your Spartan mower has intervals instructed to change it sooner should replace the doesnt! Gas, the lawn mower naturally, it means that the spartan mower won't start underneath to ensure it a. How Spartan mowers are sturdy and powerful mowers that are used and loved many. Or electrical unit switches fail, your Spartan clean, having dull blades may... Smell gas and see if engine Runs better/longer yourself or get a clean cut, dull is... Causes of power loss include: if the engine turns over but not starts fuel with... Prevent a steady flow of fuel from passing through the filter can become dull over time fix loose.! Indication that the spark plug and a maximum ethanol content dirty spark plug working. To jump the solenoid with a very dirty filter due to overheating over time use the gas and! Start, it can also clean the cutting deck if you have a dirty carburetor Spartan... To do if your lawnmower and clean the deck belt that controls blade...

Collingwood Coach Mcrae, Charlie Horan Just Mercy, Frank Sinatra School Of The Arts Famous Alumni, Top Surgery Regret Nonbinary, Articles S