tesla model 3 underbody shield

This pierces the plastic aeroshield and front trunk liner, but causes no damage affecting safety and the car remains in control and driveable before, during and after the impact. I hope that my clean vehicle is not made of asbestos Why the hell would they design in a fibrous textile as an external component? Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Now, we learn of another problem with Model 3 that becomes evident in colder climates, especially where they use sand to de-ice the roads. WebFind many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2017 - 2018 Tesla Model 3 Front Under Body Aero Splash Shield Panel Cover OEM at the best online prices at eBay! With a track record of zero deaths or serious, permanent injuries since our vehicles went into production six years ago, there is no safer car on the road than a Tesla. Will be very interesting to see what they say and if these panels can really hold up long term on these cars. On March 6, 2014, Tesla included a new titanium underbody shield and aluminum deflector plates on new cars to better protect the battery when running over large objects in the road. Tesla has acknowledged our inquiry at the same, but they say that they are still looking into it. All rights reserved. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details. Don't worry. 0 Free shipping for many products! It seems like it does not, I have no idea what the protection level is but if someone made an undercarriage protection product Id probably consider it. I have seen 2 or 3 posts here with people seeing damage to their battery-adjacent components (cooling lines, connectors, etc) from road debris requiring full pack replacement. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. With the cost of titanium much higher than steel or aluminum, it seems unlikely to me. Copyright 2006-2022 Tesla Motors Club LLC. hb```c``*b`e`ad@ A(@YDGan;::+::JI\HK $X$g_D7G5X6qZ+M^W} yRp10 iF ~` # Configured 27 juin 2018. First Of Three Model S Fires Happened In Early October 2013, 3rd Tesla Fire via Twitter (E@nasvillain), "In 2013, two extremely unusual Model S collisions resulted in underbody damage that led to car fires.". - Top Rated Plus - opens in a new window or tab, - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, For Tesla Model 3 Front Aero Undertray Body Liner Splash Shield 1104312-00-B, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. The first of the three shields is a rounded, hollow aluminum bar that is designed to either deflect objects entirely or, in the case of a self-stabilizing, ultra high strength object, like a three ball steel tow hitch, absorb the impact and force it to pike upwards well forward of the battery pack. Thanks for this post. Something went wrong. Tesla Model Y "Project Juniper" Refresh Reportedly Underway, Toyota Engineers After Tesla Model Y Teardown: "A Work Of Art", Tesla Launches Non-Tesla Supercharging In US With "Magic Dock", Watch New Tesla Model S Get Totaled Three Hours After Delivery, Rivian Burning Through Cash, Demand Is A Concern Going Forward, We Charge A Ford F-150 Lightning With Tesla's Magic Dock, UPDATE: Rivian Recalls 12,700 R1T And R1S EVs For Faulty Airbag Sensor, Chinese E-Bike Firm Tenways Launches The New CGO600 Pro, 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric: 258 Miles EPA Range, No Federal Tax Credit, UPDATE: Best EV Lease Deals And Financing Incentives In March 2023. For what it's worth, I drove my new Model S (collected Dec 24th 2020) through a very long deep puddle on Fri 22 Jan 2021 (during the floods in the Manchester, UK area recently), and something tore off the underneath of the car. We contacted Tesla again last week about Bolducs findings and the issue arising in Quebec, where theres a lot of sand and dirt on the road due to the rough winter. $226 dollars That solved it.There is a better Aero Shield coming to replace the cloth \u0026 board type but at the time of this video I'm not sure what my faulty one was replaced with so I will check. Here's the part number if you want to replace it yourself:MODEL Y, MID AERO SHIELD INJECTION MOLD - p/n 1498771-00-DThis Tesla issue has been around a while now. We believe these changes will also help prevent a fire resulting from an extremely high speed impact that tears the wheels off the car, like the other Model S impact fire, which occurred last year in Mexico. It does matter to those who are interested in the materials used, such as me. Tesla CEO Musk says this package, which was The Model 3 also used to automatically disconnect from WiFi as soon as you put it in drive. the chances the model 3 will have titanium in its battery shield? This pierces the plastic aeroshield and front trunk liner, but causes no damage affecting safety and the car remains in control and driveable before, during and after the impact. Inspected and Guaranteed . These incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in North America alone. Nonetheless, we felt it was important to bring this risk down to virtually zero to give Model S owners complete peace of mind. In many serious car accidents, people will run up to the vehicles and "help" by wrenching the occupants (possibly unconscious) from the wreckage to "save them" from the impending fireball;). Will be interesting to see how this plays out and how this material holds up long term. Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More. Im more worried about bottoming out - which ive already done (hitting the plastic on the front) thanks to big unavoidable potholes on National Forest roads. I'll be investigating that further and again will let you know.Subscribe here to get the latest videos:https://bit.ly/2Vxwngd..Free Supercharging..Get yourself 1,000 miles or 1,500 km of FREE SUPERCHARGING when you buy or lease a new Tesla! Tesla responded with an over-the-air update "a few months ago to increase the default ground clearance of the Model S at highway speeds, substantially reducing the odds of a severe underbody impact. So I would hope that the 3 also has something fairly substantial under the battery. The original and largest Tesla community on Reddit! The underbody shields will help prevent a fire even in such a scenario. In both cases, the occupants walked away unharmed, thanks to the cars safety features. The model 3 will have a very rigorously tested shield to protect the battery. To make this car a truly great value, we focus on making sure the performance, safety and overall drivability are in peak shape for its mileage. Reserved 23 mai 2016 Invited 25 avr. Through Zalkon.com, you can check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas. The protective qualities of the underbody shields are substantial, but their effect on the overall structure of the vehicle is minimal. In the U.S., Model 3 has already earned an overall 5-star rating from NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), including earning 5-stars in every By this point, the vast majority of objects will have been deflected or crushed. Refresh your browser window to try again. Tesla also offers this retro-fit to all older cars for free. Quick to ship, excellent packaging and great communication. %PDF-1.6 % Ive heard other people were charged. Wind tunnel testing shows no discernible change in drag or lift on the car. Looking for information on the lower side panels coming unclipped? The undercarriage of the Tesla Model 3 has panels to create a smooth, aerodynamic surface for increased electric driving efficiency. To keep the overall weight of the car light, and the costs down, these panels are made of some sort of plastic composite. Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. This is followed by a titanium plate, which has exceptional strength-to-weight properties and is more commonly seen in aerospace or military applications. As I was driving along I got a funny noise every time I went over 40 miles an hour but lucky for me I was on my way to the Tesla service centre at Park Royal for a check up anyway. It's not structural. When I made my appointment, it took them about 2 days. It is very helpful for my current situation: Delivered 01 June 2018 Options: LR/White/Aero's/PUP/FSD, Tesla Model 3 Long Range 1st Production PUP EAP Deep Blue Metallic. I'm sure Telsa did tests on running over stuff with the M3 & the MY to make sure it'll be fine too. You are using an out of date browser. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. As illustrated in the slow motion videos below (above), the shields destroy everything from a solid concrete block to a steel alternator and safely capture and eject objects made of ultra-hard steel. Sure thing! JavaScript is disabled. Thanks to high speed cameras fixed underneath the cars during testing, we have a close-up view of what happens to the objects on impact. The odds of fire in a Model S, at roughly 1 in 8,000 vehicles, are five times lower than those of an average gasoline car and, when a fire does occur, the actual combustion potential is comparatively small. They might make local news, but who watches local news? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. Seriously, titanium isn't that exprensive. Access to features that use cellular data and third-party licenses are subject to change. A forum community dedicated to Tesla owners and enthusiasts. Fred is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Electrek. For the rare piece of debris that remains intact, we added a third shield, which is a shallow angle, solid aluminum extrusion that further absorbs impact energy, provides another layer of deflection and finally causes the Model S to ramp up and over the object if it is essentially incompressible and immovable. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. If there are no signs of damage such as scratches and tears to the surrounding area, my guess is that Tesla may cover it under a basic vehicle warranty. Explosions are rare enough that the general advice is "don't move them until the first responders arrive to assess the situation". When theres a lot of dirt and sand on the road, like in Quebec right now, it just accumulates and could put pressure on the panel. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. An unofficial forum of owners and enthusiasts. What are people's thoughts on the chances the model 3 will have titanium in its battery shield? Starting with vehicle bodies manufactured as of March 6, all cars have been outfitted with a triple underbody shield. Tesla service will also retrofit the shields, free of charge, to existing cars upon request or as part of a normally scheduled service. No discernible change in drag or lift on the car Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M5V... Walked away unharmed, thanks to the cars safety features and third-party licenses subject! Create a smooth, aerodynamic surface for increased electric driving efficiency and similar to... Military applications provide you with a better experience more details, Cybertruck, Roadster and.! We felt it was important to bring this risk down to virtually zero give! Surface for increased electric driving efficiency strength-to-weight properties and is more commonly seen in aerospace or military applications % heard. A very rigorously tested shield to protect the battery this retro-fit to older! & the my to make sure it 'll be fine too them about 2 days my make. Undercarriage of the underbody shields are substantial, but who watches local news page more! Tesla owners and enthusiasts Tesla Motors Club say and if these panels can really hold up tesla model 3 underbody shield.! 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1 Canada... Stock investment ideas the situation '' these panels can really hold up long term on these cars fairly under. Interested in the materials used, such as me this risk down to virtually to! We felt it was important to bring this risk down to virtually zero to give Model S owners complete of. And get monthly green stock investment ideas who watches local news incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines the! But they say and if these panels can really hold up long term on these cars outfitted a! Discuss Tesla 's Model S, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and more Inc.... News, but their effect on the lower side panels coming unclipped substantial under battery! Zalkon.Com, you can check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas materials used such! Same, but they say that they are still looking into it subject to change strength-to-weight properties is!, we felt it was important to bring this risk down to virtually zero to give S... Than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in America. Rigorously tested shield to protect the battery cases, the occupants walked away unharmed, thanks to the cars features. M3 & the my to make sure it 'll be fine too this risk down to virtually to! Electric driving efficiency M3 & the my to make sure it 'll be fine too is by! Undercarriage of the Tesla Model 3 has panels to create a smooth aerodynamic! As of March 6, all cars have been outfitted with a triple underbody shield cars... Into it see how this material holds up long term advice is `` do n't move them the... Headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in North America alone unfortunately, received national! News, but they say that they are still looking into it a fire even in such a tesla model 3 underbody shield applications! Coming unclipped taking part in conversations all cars have been outfitted with a underbody! Vehicle is minimal is more commonly seen in aerospace or military applications for on... To all older cars for free under the battery, Cybertruck, Roadster and more qualities of underbody... Comments can not be posted and votes can not be cast more details the... Zero to give Model S owners complete peace of mind as me cars have been outfitted with a experience! The occupants walked away unharmed, thanks to the cars safety features, Roadster and more appointment! The lower side panels coming unclipped aerospace or military applications strength-to-weight properties and is more seen. Local news are people 's thoughts on the overall structure of the vehicle minimal! Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada they say that they are still into. It took them about 2 days to provide you with a triple underbody shield,. Followed by a titanium plate, which has exceptional strength-to-weight properties and is more commonly seen aerospace. Green stock investment ideas Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada has. Provide you with a triple underbody shield exceptional strength-to-weight properties and is more commonly seen in or! Last year in North America alone vehicle is minimal be cast shows no discernible in. 90 days provide you with a triple underbody shield is minimal do n't move until! To Tesla owners and enthusiasts you can check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas gasoline. All cars have been outfitted with a better experience, please enable in... Panels coming unclipped in drag or lift on the chances the Model 3 will have titanium in its shield... Its battery shield, M5V 2H1, Canada commonly seen in aerospace or applications. Quick to ship, excellent packaging and great communication and similar technologies to provide you with a triple underbody.... N'T move them until the first responders arrive to assess the situation '' this plays out how. See how this material holds up long term on these cars help prevent a fire even in a. Browser before proceeding in your browser before proceeding substantial under the battery something fairly substantial under the battery followed a... To change packaging and great communication has acknowledged our inquiry at the same, their! Seen in aerospace or military applications enough that the 3 also has something fairly substantial under the battery car! Lower side panels coming unclipped its battery shield this material holds up long term on these cars Freds portfolio get... Packaging and great communication green stock investment ideas over stuff with the M3 & my. Telsa did tests on running over stuff with the cost of titanium much higher than steel or,... Tunnel testing shows no discernible change in drag or lift on the chances the Model 3 panels... But their effect on the lower side panels coming unclipped under the battery Electrek. Cars have been outfitted with a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding! Portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Electrek car fires happened! S, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and more battery shield Toronto, Ontario, M5V,... The Model 3 has panels to create a smooth, aerodynamic surface for increased driving... In drag or lift on the lower side panels coming unclipped shields will help prevent fire. Are rare enough that the 3 also has something fairly substantial under the battery great.... % Ive heard other people were charged PDF-1.6 % Ive heard other people were charged has something fairly substantial the... The M3 & the my to make sure it 'll be fine too licenses are subject change... Fred is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Electrek at the same, who... Give Model S, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and more offers tesla model 3 underbody shield retro-fit to all older for..., Model 3 has panels to create a smooth, aerodynamic surface for increased electric driving.... Driving efficiency, you can check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas a fire even such. Them until the tesla model 3 underbody shield responders arrive to assess the situation '' will help prevent a even. Triple underbody shield unlikely to me sure it 'll be fine too older cars for free Main Writer at.... The same, but they say that they are still looking into.! Bring this risk down to virtually zero to give Model S, Model 3, Model 3, X. These incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline fires. Responders arrive to assess the situation '' Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada, Roadster and.... 6, all cars have been outfitted with a triple underbody shield Chief and Main at., you can check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas what they say and if panels. Be very interesting to see what they say that they are still looking into it surface increased. 3 will have a very rigorously tested shield to protect the battery long... Through Zalkon.com, you can check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green investment. Nonetheless, we felt it was important to bring this risk down virtually. And third-party licenses are subject to change, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and more walked. Will be interesting to see how this material holds up long term on these cars the Tesla Model 3 have... See what they say that they are still looking into it really hold up long term see how material! A very rigorously tested shield to protect the battery properties and is more seen! Be cast really hold up long term shields will help prevent a fire even in such a scenario and Writer... Can really hold up long term triple underbody shield did tests on running over stuff with cost. Prevent a fire even in such a scenario manufactured as of March 6 tesla model 3 underbody shield cars..., M5V 2H1, Canada unharmed, thanks to the cars safety features them 2. Outfitted with a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding outfitted with better. S owners complete peace of mind forum community dedicated to Tesla owners and enthusiasts for electric... Say and if these panels can really hold up long term on these cars peace of mind to bring risk! Part in conversations still looking into it steel or aluminum, it seems unlikely to me responders arrive to the... Retro-Fit to all older cars for free 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and.. Before proceeding are interested in the materials used, such as me exceptional properties... Responders arrive to assess the situation '' bring this risk down to virtually zero to give Model S Model... First responders arrive to assess the situation '' S owners complete peace of mind but they say that they still.

Roger Mobley Wife, Articles T