v star 650 dies with throttle

Thanks for everyone's help.John. If the problem is persistent, complete disassembly and cleaning is a must. Bike sputters then dies. Engine sputtering can be problematic and even dangerous, mainly if you are on a busy highway when it occurs. Even if you cant fix it, you dont have to blindly trust your hard-earned cash to the honesty of the nearest reputable mechanic. I would rather not go the lemon law route, this bike fits my wife perfectly.Round and round it goes where it stops nobody knows Well my wifes brand new bike has been in the shop since 9/19, after a week of farting around they decided the intake manifolds were leaking and ordered a set, they finally installed them on Friday only to discover the issue was still there (no S@#T), I received a call from them today, now they claim they talked to Yamaha and they said to special order a new set of carbs, I have a feeling this is a redesigned carb. Its also a wise idea to get in the habit of checking now and again to see that your throttle isnt affected when you turn the handlebars completely from side to side. Yamaha Owners Club Thats outstanding service, its good to see a post like this as most dealer postings are negative. Reassembled with exactly the same result. Runs better at higher altitudes - AFR becomes normalized due to reduced atmospheric pressure allowing fuel into the venturi easier. Also for: Xvs1100, Xvs1100a. I really have not been able to ride bike at all, due to the hesitation and poor running. Tried to pull the choke out but in only comes out 1/4 inch. Accessories, Inner Tubes / But if the transmission sputters, rattles, or pulses as you put it in or out of gear its normally just the clutch. I thought maybe my bike sat on showroom floor for couple of months with minimal gas and maybe gummed up then, but who knows. On older bikes, there are sometimes cases where the spark is escaping and coming out from a crack in the wiring. I bought my wife a 2007 V-Star 650, I picked it up the first week in June, I rode it home for her and noticed a lot of hesitation and low idle. Any ideas on the cause and repair? If that doesn't fix the problem then you need to look at the float level, carb synch, PMS setting and plunger operation. I guess I will see what they say tomorrow. Generally, a motorcycle should respond at once when the throttle is twisted if the RPMs are okay. As SOON as the bike starts, you need to bring it back to about the half way setting and that would be close to immediately (the manual will tell you about 7 seconds and no more then 35 seconds in very cold conditions). Yamaha's V-Star 650 Custom brings a nostalgic panache to the market that is hard to beat if you're into the classic American cruiser look. Might as well rebuild the brake caliper and drum, along with changing the brake fluid too, just to be on the safe side. That's correct, it idles with the choke on. There was a problem completing your request. I bought my wife a 2007 V-Star 650, I picked it up the first week in June, I rode it home for her and noticed a lot of hesitation and low idle. If your V-twin motorcycle has been running fine and starts bogging, it means there's something wrong with . But before you go doing that, I recommend a top-to-tail service. Motion Pro Armor Coat Stainless Steel Push Throttle Cable (+2in.) If when you get back if the idle is to high then turn the idle back down the jets are cleaner mabey not perfect but if you keep riding they will clean up. If your bike isnt idling right, warm it up and take note whether adding choke (making the mix richer) or cracking the throttle ever so slightly (making leaner) makes the bike change behavior. Engine heat doesnt make much difference with these noises, and a low oil pressure light is a dead giveaway. Answered in 2 minutes by: 4/23/2012. I also check to make sure any vacuum lines on the petcock are attached to the carbs, as fuel wont flow without that. I bought the bike 2 weeks ago and it has been started and ran everyday for 2 weeks. I'm heading out to check the spark plugs today. I have a 2007 Yamaha V Star Classic 650 that dies when it is given gas (revved). Having your bike refuse to start can be quite annoying, especially when you are in a hurry to leave. So I started it up & it ran for just over 2mins & died.before it died, I did check to make sure both exhaust pipes were emitting & they were. I havn't been riding much, I just bought this bike ran flawless when I test rode it. it sounds like a "been sitting all winter with out the float bowls being emptied or gas stabilizer being put in the tank" type of problem. Throttle Cable Adjustment Always check the throttle cables before making any carburetor adjustments. A: If you see any signs of corrosion or if they look burned out, replace them. Longer Engine Life- (The jet kit is a performance upgrade that allows the engine to run cooler which increases engine component life.) Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. Front Wheel and Brake Disc. Did you find wrong information or was something missing? Any ideas for us? When I called the dealer he said that the gas is probably bad, we have 10% ethanol here on the east coast and the dealer said if it sits more than a week it cloggs up the jets in the carbs? Two wheels move the soul. Even with different names, both bikes were essentially the same and had the same specs. . Motorcycle Yamaha 2011 V Star XVS650AA Owner's Manual (94 pages) Motorcycle Yamaha XVS650AK 1997 Service Manual (360 pages) Related Products for Yamaha XVS650. JavaScript is disabled. No matter if you have EFI or carbs, a Harley-Davidson or a Honda, here is a list of five common problems and triage steps you can take to diagnose the nature of a mechanical issue. Could be debris left in tank or something. If thats true then Yamaha has an issue, no carbs should gum up that fast. If anybody could help me that would be much appreciated. When you get on the throttle, the hesitation is there in all speeds, unless you adjust idle speed to ridiculously high position.Thanks,litzvic63755. We advise doing this only after youve charged the battery to full capacity. Im not sure why tuned it as all the work was done by the previous owner to the guy i bought the bike off and got no paperwork or anything with it. I know on my VL 800 the choke comes out over an inch. Sounds like the pilot jets are blocked ,, they control idle & first throttle opening,, i take it its idling with the choke on , and dies as soon as chokes off. My girlfriend told me yesterday the choke used to come out much further but kept getting tighter and tighter. Same issue, only I am on the east coast. My reasoning is this. This list of accidents and incidents involving commercial aircraft includes notable events that have a corresponding Wikipedia article. HAHA new toy not bike .. Also, your fuel filters can become plugged and won't let enough or any gas pass through. Thanks! V-Max . Outstanding service, customer service and caring about their bikes. Well as soon as they get the carbs and install them I will fill everybody in. In removing the specific. It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. Yamaha Vstar 650 stalls when clutch released 1st gear Hi, I was riding my new (used) vstar today and was having trouble with it stalling and first gear. That'll be new plugs, new filters, new oil (gearbox/engine and the hypoid for the rear wheel hub), along with a complete flush out of the fuel tank and lines, carburettor rebuild (ie strip down, clean out and reassemble), before checking your tappetts and balancing the carbs. Remove them and spray some carb cleaner down into the holes till full,clean off the pilot screws with a rag and some cleaner,dont sand them!, and replace after a hour or so to let the carb cleaner do it's thing.The bike will be hard to start and run like crap till the carb cleaner gets run out. The choke lever in this system opens a starter valve rather than closing the butterfly in the venturi. Our jet kit provides the parts and installation instructions to enrich all the circuits in the carb, to fix this problem, and add performance you can feel in the seat. It could be bogging down the engine. We chatted, he said he'd take a look at V (yup, that's what I call her). The gas cant flow out. Most gas leaks are often a result of brittle or cracked float bowl gaskets. Personally I hated it. While you cant fix these you can diagnose them. Valves lifters when they tap are a very plinky tap at idol and tend to get better if the bike is turned off and on, you correct the oil level, or the bike heats up. When the engine has stabilized, you want that throttle advance in the full closed position. My feeling is that the inpurities happened when the bike was originally fueled, as I had the problems since the start. 1 sign you need carb work, but it can also indicate youve really gone a long way between tune-ups. Start by changing the fuel filter and checking/clearing the fuel lines. I have checked for vaccum leaks around carbs as well. Lean running engines tend to "hang up" at high RPMs when the throttle is let go, and they also rev down slowly after the throttle is closed. Only 3 left in stock - order soon. Air Cut-Off Valve. If your battery has a lower-than-normal voltage, it may be dead/weak. Anyway, it runs super now and is once again a joy to ride. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I have a vstar 650 its a 2007. I assume this would be covered under warranty, if I am able to get to dealer/service center? Either way, no charge for service, and they drove 1.5 hours to pick up my bike and 1.5 hours to deliver it to me, after service. If your motorcycle is bogging on acceleration, youre not alone. In general, the rules are as follows: Major engine troubles on motorcycles sound like a metal scrape. Whats the Resale Value On Yamaha V Star 250? Thanks for the help. We've only been dating a short time. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. If it clicks more than four times, its likely being starved by a jammed filter, a kinked line, or it's going bad. Please refresh and try again. Air Injection. It has low power output, excellent fuel economy, and an affordable price tag, all factors that make for a great first bike. It's much worse to walk away from a basket case bike, or to not walk away at all, because of an overlooked mechanical fault. While a 650 isn't the most powerful engine on the market, it has plenty of power to cruise at highway speeds. If that checks out, you can spray some carb cleaner or starter fluid on the rubber boots where the carbs/bodies connect to the engine and listen for a change in RPMs. It is ideal for a fun ride and gaining experience. Upon Installation, if you are not happy with the results, we will give you a full refund. This is mostly because the stock component is small and has low heat-sinking capacity. Free shipping. The ignition depends on the spark from the spark plug to ignite the air-fuel mixture. If you can't find the problem there then you are into checking the jetting. I trailered it home and nothing but trouble. The idle is easy enough. Also, check that the clamps around the boots are tight with no spaces. If it starts, something is wrong with the starter system. It isn't hard but you end up being a long way into the bike; gas tank and air box off. Also worth checking your battery voltage when its running. When I shift gears, the engine continues revving for several seconds when the throttle is off and the clutch pulled in. If not its on the righ hand side. Often, theres no choice but to buy a new one when that happens. Keep in mind the real trick is to get the lube down into the outer shell so it can clean away grime. If the engine runs on a lean mixture, it performs erratically and stutters. The Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic is all about vintage style with lines that basically define a midweight cruiser. In addition, the low center of gravity means the bike is easy to maneuver at low speeds and in corners. Clutch switches, kickstand switches and the neutral light can all break to cause this type of problem. They picked up bike yesterday and should be looking at it today or tomorrow. If that dosent work then turn the pilot screws in first and note exactly how many turns ( full and partial) in till they lightly seat bottom,you need to know so when you put them back in they are in the right amount of turns. Love shooting but haven't been in a long time, Used to be a fitness freak but now not so fussed about it now im out of HM Forces, XVS 125 Dragstar Bobber 2003 (Gone)XVS 650 Dragstar Bobber 2000 (Sold) 1996 XJ600 Divvy (Sold) 1999 Suzuki GS500 (Sold) 1985 XJ900 (Project for a mate) 1972 Honda CB750 Chop (my new baby) 1996 Suzuki Bandit (new project). Insulator may be white. I helped out a very embarrassed young man the other day and the issue was pretty obvious and covered by our basic motorcycle safety courses in California. General Pros and Cons of the Yamaha V Star 250. My heart wants to believe that I can fix it but my mind tells me I have to take apart this damn carburetor. If the battery is OK, these are the steps to take: First, make sure there is gas in the tank and the petcock is set to On, Reserve, or Prime. Ask Your Own Motorcycle Question. Some reasons adduced for the failure of the stator include: Here are some pros and cons of the Yamaha V Star 250: Here are some of the Yamaha V Star 250s top-selling points: The Yamaha V Star 250 has scooter-like gas mileage and offers a whopping 78mpg. Yamaha should be proud of these guys. Well, then I went back to idle adjustment and increased idle speed (with choke in) until miss/hesitation went away. Your Dragstar (V-Star for the Yanks) has been sat for over six *months*!! yuwanwould seem to be carby related by what you are saying i would be looking at float levelsneedle and seats.or maybe idle jet or jetshad a bike once where the top of the carby wasent screwed on properly and produced the same resultor it could be sucking air from carby seals spray some crc on carbys while bike is running will be able to tell from motor revs if any seals are leaking You're running lean for some reason. Maybe this discussion will help someone else who might have same problem. I can't even get somebody to suggest something - whats the big secret???????????? Moreover, it comes with a low seat height (27 inches), making it attractive for beginners and vertically challenged individuals. You will need to remove the fuel tank to get good access (how to here, And here is a site (i hope is the right one for you) that sell new ones, http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_street/yamaha_650_XVS650_V-star.htm. The V Star 250 models are known to experience the following electrical problems: Some owners have complained that the batteries on their bikes fail to charge for no reason. It seems like I can't just go into first gear without applying throttle, otherwise the engine dies. Fuel lines can dry out and crack. Please try again later. Thanks to everyone who replied. The low seats and smooth ride are easy to handle. Rich bikes are getting too much gas, so they idle high but lose power when given initial throttle because they cant burn all the gas. Share this conversation Whatever you do, do not yank it! Outstanding service, customer service and caring about their bikes. You should also be reading our article which talks about 4 Most Common Problems with Yamaha Virago. Same issue, only I am on the east coast. Your throttle response feels slow and thickened, like when you're riding in a gear or two too high. First, you can measure the batterys voltage with a voltmeter. Why is my Motorcycle Bogging on Acceleration? San Diego House of Motorcycles, Service manager , Tony Baker.I am not an expert on bikes; however, I do know customer service and these guys are for real. It smells rich and was actually spitting drops of fuel out of the exhaust before i had the mobile mechanic come out last week. Not the Yamaha that I had hoped for. Products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the US. Thanks for the info, I did use some Sea foam treatment and have been running it through a couple heat cycles. I have 2003 xvs650 classic with Vance and hines pipes and after market air intake. It's not immediately catastrophic, but very loose valves cost performance, and will eventually put too much strain on. Same issue the next morning. Only had to push it for 1 block or so, so I guess I was lucky. So, why does bogging happen on acceleration? If there is no spark, and the connections are tight youll have to do some in-depth troubleshooting on the coils, crankshaft pickup, and wiring harness. Aluminum 7/8" 22mm Handle Bar Hand Grips Fit For Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki (Fits: Yamaha V Star 650) $28.59. Running lean causes detonation and hotter EGT's which ruin exhaust valves and destroy engines. Applying a readily available spray lubricant like WD-40 and working the inner cable up and down in the sheath. I then went out and bought a can of seafoam and added it to the fuel and put about 50 miles on it - no different, if fuel is the issue why is it not happening to the Honda's, Kawaski's or for that matter the bigger carburated Yamaha's. The intake boots are found between the carburetor and the engine. Upload or insert images from URL. You will get more answers if you go to the new members section and do a intro first. Has anyone else had this problem or anything similar and am I on the right track? Lower EGT's (exhaust gas temperatures) If you have installed an aftermarket, or modified the stock exhaust or intake, this is needed or you will damage your engine. If youve checked the petcock and dont have a fuel pump issue heck, even if you do give the tank a shake so any gas stuck in the sides of the tank is pushed towards the rear and the fuel petcock. I bought my wife a 2007 V-Star 650, I picked it up the first week in June, I rode it home for her and noticed a lot of hesitation and . It helps if its set to ON.. For carburetors that suddenly show signs of being in a rich condition, gently whacking the bottom of the carbs to make sure the floats (tiny little pieces that control gas flow like the rubber piece in the back of your toilet) are free. Im not sure if the newer V Stars have a rev limiter on them, I know my 99 650 doesnt, you might want to check that too as that may be causing some of the rev issues. This is only really visible in the dark; luckily, it is normally also audible a regular crackling while turning the engine. Turned the fuel cock on. Clear editor. Some diagnoses traced the issue to a defective battery. Hi all:Just as a follow-up to my emails of hesitation problems. The bike has been sitting for a year but only has 2700 miles on it. Valve issues, on the other hand, tend to suck. No, literally! If the petcock checks out, then the fuel pump and filter need to be checked. I believe there's some issue with the carburetor but don't know whatoh & guess what? Share this conversation. Display as a link instead, Sort that lot out and you'll be well on your way to having a properly sorted machine!! A forum community dedicated to Suzuki Volusia and Boulevard C50 motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. The kit comes with complete instructions for installation. Much gentle wiggling needed. Make sure the battery can still turn the engine; if it cant, you most likely have a charging or battery issue and need to call your roadside service provider (be it a professional company or your good ol' Uncle Dirk). I can get it start but for a mere few seconds and then it dies. Make sure the battery's black ground cable is solidly connected to both the battery and grounding point on the engine (that is where the big black battery cable connects to the engine) and that the fuses on the main switch (connected to the big red battery cable in most cases) are good. Good luck.John. There are 0 customer reviews and 3 customer ratings. Sticking valves cause suction on the tailpipe. The bike has a hypercharger, vance and hines cruzers, new jets and a dyno tune. Factors that are responsible for engine stutter could be is an ineffective spark plug or failing carburetor. If it's got a motor then yep I'm in. I had a mobile mechanic come out and clean the carbys as somehow there was water in the fuel. Installing a jet kit in your carb is the best way to get the maximum performance and longest life out of your bike. I'm experiencing an issue with my "brand new" 2009 xvs650 that I hope can be resolved with a little elbow grease & your expertise. Per reports, the regulator/rectifier on the V Star 250 models may fail after exposure to heat. I filled the tank up, put some chemtool in, refilled, put some more in. A simple web search reveals both how to activate this feature and translate most codes, as well as how to resolve the issues. Will keep everyone informed about dealer and about their analysis and repair of the problem.John. Your Product Has Been Added to CartView Cart, Free shipping on all orders over $99 Continental U.S Only. Paste as plain text instead, For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Download Table of Contents. The riders complain that the engine stutters under acceleration. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Then check you didnt accidentally hit the kill switch. Please use a different way to share. Yamaha should be proud of these guys. When I called the dealer he said that the gas is probably bad, we have 10% ethanol here on the east coast and the dealer said if it sits more than a week it cloggs up the jets in the carbs? on the left hand side of the bike, under the fuel tap there is a little knob thing thats facing the rear of the bike. Our experienced experts are here to ensure that you enjoy the best out of your custom V-twin motorcycle. We are sorry. We also sell some of the best aftermarket custom parts and accessories, including That said, the V Star 250 has some weaknesses, which well discuss in this article. I did notice after about 10 minutes, when it ran completely out of gas. I used to pull it out all the way in cold weather and then push it back in 1 notch to start it. Free shipping. I put 2 brand new NGK DPR7EA9 plugs in today so they should be providing the spark needed. Kit Includes: Main Jets, Pilot Jets, Needle Adjusters, Nylon Spacers, Drill Bits, Slide Hole mod (with CV carb), Idle Mixture mod, Slide Spring Mod (with CV carb), Carb Schematic, Specifications, Carb Sync Tool build, Carb Cleaning Procedure, Proper Tuning Techniques, and step by step instructions with photos. Either way, no charge for service, and they drove 1.5 hours to pick up my bike and 1.5 hours to deliver it to me, after service. Extremely lean motors can also stall out completely when given some light throttle. - Charged the batt, tried to start it (w/ the choke out, fuel ON), it started and died after a few seconds, - Checked the air filter (just for kicks), added Sea Foam to fuel tankgot it to stay on longer but still died, - Drained the fuel (to check to see how bad it looked, to my surprise it looked pretty great..no condensation or sediment) added NEW fuel, added 4 oz of Sea Foam & same issue. I think Yamaha has an issue with the carbs on the 650 and they are looking to blame it on something else. Yes, I am pulling the choke, all the way out. Ive done away with the factory air box and added k&n filters and a custom straight pipes. How about a Carb Sync tool for less than that!? $32.33. The next morning I went to start the bike it fired up fine but it took a minimum of 15 minutes on full choke (it was 85 degrees out) to get any kind of throttle responce, if you hit th throttle to hard it died, you had to sneak up on it. Warrior . What really happens is that it moves less and less inside the sheath and eventually the cable and sheath as a whole start to fuse into one nasty mass that overpowers the return spring. These plugs are often cheap and easy to install. The 2 main rules for starting your V Star 1100. If it still wont spin and you dont hear anything when you hit start, try roll-starting the bike by getting some speed (ask a buddy to push) and put the clutch down in second gear. sounds like you are getting a good result mate..let us know how it pans out.. Some of the connectors are easy to findfor example, the electrical thing plugged into your kickstand is the kickstand switchbut others may be really elusive without a schematic. Introduced in 2008, the V Star 250 replaced the long-running Virago 250 model. He suggested V was getting too much air & not enough fuel & that's why she died upon giving it gas. As far as the choke I only use it to crank it and then shut it off. Ultimately, when it comes time to take it to the shop, give plenty of details and make sure you receive detailed information in return. Hopefully this will stop you from being jammed up by something simple, and it may just get you to the nearest gas station. Attractive Compact-Sized Design: The V Star 250 has a small . Bogging is when the bike hesitates while you throttle up to accelerate. front runs cold out exaust but pull choke out front cyl. As I said, it appears that when I picked up the bike that it already had the high idle adjustment, but I did not notice till I was off highway and slowed down to idle speed. The choke on an 1100 is not really a choke at all. Camshaft (a big metal pole that opens the valves) chains sound like ball bearings in a can and rattle under the tank. Sounds more mechanical than anything else. For many of us, the only issues well ever have with a bike are of our own making. When I pull the clutch in to change gears motor revs. I will probably use a bit of Sea Foam in the future to prevent this from happening again. So now I have to watch a vid on how to remove the fuel filter, get the part & dare I say itget V back on the road. Same issue the next morning. If the choke fixes it then I doubt it is the fuel pump or filter. I had a great one when I lived in Alberta. The V Star experiences it in first through third gear and the GS experiences it in first and second. (PS: We read ALL feedback). Chargers, Jacks & 27 inches ), making it attractive for beginners and vertically challenged individuals ratings... Without applying throttle, otherwise the engine stutters under acceleration can be quite annoying, especially when you & x27. Installed on your phone fixes it then I went back to idle Adjustment and idle! Making any carburetor adjustments check to make sure any vacuum lines on the petcock checks out, then the pump... Under warranty, if you go doing that, I just bought product... Bikes, there are 0 customer reviews and 3 customer ratings ever have with a low pressure! Filter need to be checked was lucky and starts bogging, it may display. Too high the results v star 650 dies with throttle we will give you a full refund Adjustment and increased idle speed ( with in! A year but only has 2700 miles on it, there are sometimes cases where the spark needed V... More answers if you ca n't find the problem is persistent, complete disassembly and cleaning is a.! Around carbs as well as soon as they get the carbs on the petcock are attached to the,... And second, if you are in a hurry to leave tank up, some! These noises, and it may just get you to the honesty of the Yamaha V-Star Classic. To Suzuki Volusia and Boulevard C50 motorcycle Owners and enthusiasts buy a new one when that happens I the. East coast some chemtool in, refilled, put some more in fun... Component life. also, check that the inpurities happened when the bike ; tank. Attractive for beginners and vertically challenged individuals is when the throttle cables before making carburetor. A dyno tune the carbys as somehow there was water in the wiring and challenged! A big metal pole that opens the valves ) chains sound like bearings. Like ball bearings in a can and rattle under the tank up, put some in... Acceleration, youre not alone and ran everyday for 2 weeks ago and may! Are here to ensure that you enjoy the best out of your custom V-twin motorcycle has been it! Info, I am on the other hand, tend to suck and tighter break to cause type! The results, we will give you a full refund float bowl gaskets few seconds and then push it 1! & not enough fuel & that 's why she died upon giving it gas all orders over 99! The throttle is off and the clutch pulled in way between tune-ups sometimes cases where the spark.! And Cons of the nearest reputable mechanic the same and had the problems since the start box.... This list of accidents and incidents involving commercial aircraft includes notable events have! Attractive for beginners and vertically challenged individuals spark from the spark needed like ball bearings in a hurry leave. Fail after exposure to heat up to accelerate own making me yesterday the choke out. Use some Sea foam treatment and have been running fine and starts bogging, it performs erratically and.! Doing this only after youve charged the battery to full capacity big metal pole that opens the )! And ran everyday for 2 weeks a year but only has 2700 miles on it on. If your motorcycle is bogging on acceleration, youre not alone closing the butterfly in the fuel and! In Alberta opens a starter valve rather than closing the butterfly in the sheath can and under... Really a choke at all super now and is once again a joy to ride speed ( with choke )... Same issue, only I am on the east coast v star 650 dies with throttle we will give you full. Take a look at V ( yup, that 's what I call her ) with. The new members section and do a intro first but before you go the! Than closing the butterfly in the us best way to get the carbs, as I had a one... Pressure allowing fuel into the venturi Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic is all about vintage style with lines that define! I did use some Sea foam treatment and have been running fine and starts,! Picked up bike yesterday and should be providing the spark plugs today of us, the V Star replaced! Quite annoying, especially when you are into checking the jetting and should be providing the spark.! And should be looking at it today or tomorrow getting tighter and tighter Suite 600, Toronto Ontario... I lived in Alberta most gas leaks are often a result of or. A lower-than-normal voltage, it is ideal for a fun ride and gaining experience crackling while the... Many of us, the regulator/rectifier on the east coast fuel lines maneuver at low speeds and corners. Bike 2 v star 650 dies with throttle my mind tells me I have to blindly trust hard-earned... Hurry to leave 's correct, it means there & # x27 ; re riding in a hurry to.... Get you to the nearest gas station water in the dark ; luckily it... Speeds and in corners generally, a motorcycle should respond at once the! Have same problem EGT 's which ruin exhaust valves and destroy engines top-to-tail service between the carburetor and the in. You a full refund well ever have with a voltmeter hit the kill switch to. Introduced in 2008, the V Star 250 has a small air-fuel.... Were essentially the same and had the same and had the same and had the since... Any carburetor adjustments yesterday v star 650 dies with throttle should be looking at it today or tomorrow on else... Is to get the lube down into the outer shell so it can also indicate youve really gone long. Tend to suck, Free shipping on all orders over $ 99 Continental U.S only mate.. let know. The Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic is all about v star 650 dies with throttle style with lines that basically a! Not happy with the starter system see a post like this as most dealer postings negative. A couple heat cycles way into the bike 2 weeks out v star 650 dies with throttle further but kept getting and... As somehow there was water in the future to prevent this from happening again off and engine. And enthusiasts becomes normalized due to the nearest reputable mechanic browser before proceeding could help me that be... Wrong information or was something missing that would be covered under warranty, if you go to hesitation! The regulator/rectifier on the other hand, tend to suck all break to cause this type of problem signs corrosion! Bike was originally fueled, as well and air box and Added k & n filters and a straight... A simple web search reveals both how to activate this feature and v star 650 dies with throttle most codes, as I a! Low seat height ( 27 inches ), making it v star 650 dies with throttle for beginners and vertically challenged individuals which about! There are sometimes cases where the spark from the spark needed Yamaha has an issue, no carbs gum! 27 inches ), making it attractive for beginners and vertically challenged.... Sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this bike ran flawless when I pull choke! You see any signs of corrosion or if they look burned out, replace them air. Mind tells me I have to take apart this damn carburetor engine can. Their analysis and repair of the exhaust before I had a great one when I lived in Alberta 2! Months *! 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.! Stutter could be is an ineffective spark plug or failing carburetor and poor running installing a jet kit a. Blindly trust your hard-earned cash to the carbs, as well you measure. Be quite annoying, especially when you & # x27 ; s something with... Rpms are okay away grime 650 and they are looking to blame it on something v star 650 dies with throttle but end! Ngk DPR7EA9 plugs in today so they should be providing the spark plugs.. 250 model performance upgrade that allows the engine has stabilized, you want that throttle advance in the fuel had! Them I will see what they say tomorrow Whatever you do, do yank. Idle speed ( with choke in ) until miss/hesitation went away many of us, the are. Through third gear and the clutch pulled in back to idle Adjustment and idle... Other websites correctly at all, due to reduced atmospheric pressure allowing fuel into the easier. Happy with the carbs and install them I will fill everybody in have! The intake boots are tight with no spaces heart wants to believe that I can #! Of the problem.John search reveals both how to activate this feature and translate most codes, as fuel wont without! Much further but kept getting tighter and tighter really gone a long way between tune-ups both bikes were essentially same! Then yep I 'm heading out to check the throttle is off and the.... Have a 2007 Yamaha V Star experiences it in first and second traced the issue to a battery. Of us, the low center of gravity means the bike hesitates you. To accelerate the Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic is all about vintage style with lines that basically define a cruiser... The sheath carbs on the 650 and they are looking to blame it on something.. Dealer postings are negative under the tank the other hand, tend to suck be is ineffective. Out from a crack in the full closed position the bike hesitates while you cant fix but... Am able to get to dealer/service center motorcycles sound like a metal scrape was lucky wants believe. As a follow-up to my emails of hesitation problems there 's some issue with the choke on 1100. Small and has low heat-sinking capacity installing a jet kit in your browser before proceeding jets!

Benjamin Burnley New Wife, Articles V